Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Staff of Worms Replica drop rate

seventhirtyseven_
seventhirtyseven_
✭✭✭
Sorry but this makes no sense. At this point I've done 350+ dolmens and nothing. This is insane for an anniversary event. Of course it's my fault, because I can just stop trying to get the page, but as someone who's been playing since 2015 I would like to get them just for the collection. It makes absolutely no sense that it takes this many dolmens for it to drop. And I haven't even tried getting the other ones (except the sword). I don't think I can ever do a dolmen ever again after this event lol!
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really pray that ZOS salvages this somehow by saying they’ve heard all of us and comes up with a solution that works better. I mean, they’ve said the 10th anniversary celebration will technically last the next 15 months, so how many more of these grinds do they already have waiting in the wings for us in the name of celebrating?
    Edited by Elvenheart on April 11, 2024 12:56AM
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry but this makes no sense. At this point I've done 350+ dolmens and nothing. This is insane for an anniversary event. Of course it's my fault, because I can just stop trying to get the page, but as someone who's been playing since 2015 I would like to get them just for the collection. It makes absolutely no sense that it takes this many dolmens for it to drop. And I haven't even tried getting the other ones (except the sword). I don't think I can ever do a dolmen ever again after this event lol!

No, it's not your fault. It's natural that people want to get cool things that are added to the game. When these cool things are available only for a limited time, the urgency to obtain them grows. It's ridiculous that some people are doing over 100 of each activity, be it dolmens or geysers, and getting nothing, often not even event boxes. The devs are at fault for presenting us with this unpleasant choice: grind to the point of pain or miss the chance of getting exclusive limited-time items. A celebration shouldn't feel like punishment.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I really pray that ZOS salvages this somehow by saying they’ve heard all of us and comes up with a solution that works better. I mean, they’ve said the 10th anniversary celebration will technically last the next 15 months, so how many more of these grinds do they already have waiting in the wings for us in the name of celebrating?

To be honest, this might as well backfire hard on ZOS. People will turn away from these things if they get such a smack in their face.

I've done 190 dolmens and stopped there. Because this is just insane. A game is supposed to be fun, not the opposite of fun. I already have a job that is not much fun. Why would I add to this hours of my spare time spent on something unfun.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTH with the staff of Worms?

Guys, the 2 ticket bag has chance to drop the item. And not some "random" chance but if you have 100% to get the remaining pieces of the Yesteryear container you will get the style page until completion.

So just buy the cheap Cult pages and the rest (prophet etc) and have only the expensive motifs to come from the Yesteryear bag.
    You WILL get the remaining motifs/pages at 100% rate. There wont be any duplicates.

Is the same method used on PVP events to gather quickly all the motifs didn't bother to get last few years.

So buy cheap styles and get the rest from the bags.

Stop mindless grinding.
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on April 11, 2024 8:48AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember that the devs play the game, too, so they are probably grinding their teeth about the grind, too.

I stopped obsessing over event-related style pages and other collectibles last year when I couldn't collect all of the pages for an event and they were being sold at guild traders for obscenely high prices that I refused to pay-- and couldn't afford to pay for all of them, anyway. Normally I try to collect everything, either from drops or using tickets or gold to buy them. That hasn't changed, but failing to collect everything during that one event broke me of my obsession about it. Now I try to collect what I can, and shrug off anything I can't get.

It's been fun to run the dolmen circuit in some of the less crowded zones, but I stop after running a few circuits. It's been a good source of purple coffers, but I have so little free inventory space that I can't manage more than a few circuits before my free inventory and bank space is used up.

The world bosses in Vvardenfell are usually fun for me to solo, but trying to grind them even a little bit has been absolutely horrible due to the number of players who are melting the bosses in just a few seconds. I'm hoping the crowds will eventually thin out so I can do at least a little bit of short grinding sessions before the event is over.

But if I can't collect the pages from the dolmens, Vvardenfell bosses, or geysers, I'll be okay.

And as for the fact that they're bound, can you imagine what players would be charging for them at the guild traders? They'd probably be going for several million in gold apiece. No thank you.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys, the 2 ticket bag has chance to drop the item. And not some "random" chance but if you have 100% to get the remaining pieces of the Yesteryear container you will get the style page until completion.

So just buy the cheap Cult pages and the rest (prophet etc) and have only the expensive motifs to come from the Yesteryear bag.
    You WILL get the remaining motifs/pages at 100% rate. There wont be any duplicates.

Is the same method used on PVP events to gather quickly all the motifs didn't bother to get last few years.

Stop mindless grinding.

You can’t get staff of worms from the bags. Everything you said is false, actually.
    Edited by Grega on April 11, 2024 9:08AM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well, I didn't really know about the staff until i read about it on another post.

then today I got the idea that it was dumb not to put some effort into improving new character XP during this event.

went to Alik'r, opened the 3 wayshrines needed to do the loop. started at level 21. finished at level 24.
    so I'm guessing about 25 dolomens.

somewhere in there I got the staff.

I think its truly rng

:#
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On top of it I was in my best score Mahlstrom Arena vet run on last arena and --- got my daily random boot from server.

Of course this kills my score count on it.
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on April 11, 2024 9:45AM
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grega wrote: »

Stop mindless grinding.

You can’t get staff of worms from the bags. Everything you said is false, actually.

WTH?
    How you came to conclusion that that I wrote is false?

The real MOTIF style page drops from the bag of yesteryears. Is not tradeable since you purchase it with tickets but you do get it for the proper style collection. And I mean PROPER style page, so you can craft and sell destro/resto staves using the Worm Cult style at any weight, set or trait and sell them.

fx20uccvgg5m.png

Also there is a chance to drop from the purple boxes but that is irrelevant.

And because you do not believe me that can be done here. You call ZOS liars too?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/45905

here is the same post bit better to read

https://eso-hub.com/en/events/anniversary-jubilee

Here is my post from yesterday on a different matter. But as you see I did collect the worm staff from the bag alongside few other remaining pieces as I cannot buy the bag any more since have collected everything.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8085066

My previous post gives a quick method that works with all tradeable styles how to narrow the 2 event ticket bags to give you 100% what you want and is included in it.
    Is something that working like that for many years for all events.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stop mindless grinding.

WTH?

The real MOTIF style page drops from the bag of yesteryears. Is not tradeable since you purchase it with tickets but you do get it for the proper style collection. And I mean PROPER style page, so you can craft and sell destro/resto staves using the Worm Cult style at any weight, set or trait and sell them.

fx20uccvgg5m.png

And because you do not believe me that can be done here. You call ZOS liars too?

Here is my post from yesterday on a different matter. But as you see I did collect the worm staff from the bag alongside few other remaining pieces as I cannot buy the bag any more since have collected everything.

My previous post gives a quick method that works with all tradeable styles how to narrow the 2 event ticket bags to give you 100% what you want and is included in it.

They are talking about the Bound Staff of Worms Replica motif, not the worm cult staff motif
    Soupy twist
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even do dolmens, geysers or delves anymore. I quit after the first dozen or so. The drop rate is so bad it's not worth my time.
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Stop mindless grinding.

WTH?

fx20uccvgg5m.png

They are talking about the Bound Staff of Worms Replica motif, not the worm cult staff motif

But why farm for the replica when you can get the real thing?
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stop mindless grinding.

You must be confused.

With the current event, there are 5 additional style pages (not Worm Cult motif pages) that have a chance to drop from certain overland activities.

These style pages are bound to your account (so cannot be traded), aren't available from the Impressario, and aren't guaranteed to even be in the Yesteryear bag next year.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stop mindless grinding.

WTH?

fx20uccvgg5m.png

They look different - Staff of worms is the one that was owned my Mannimarco

aozk9h1g4r3o.png
    omlb8ogoadcn.png
    Soupy twist
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot believe that Zos HAD the perfect model for how this event could go, they already used it, it was fun, popular and made total sense: tie the drops to achievements and put them for free in the crown store.

It would have made SUCH good sense for the 10 year anniversary! Do every dolmen in base game zone for staff of worms! Finish x number of Summerset quests for the Ulvor staff! Clear the Vvardenfell world bosses for that staff, and then find something else, anything else it's a huge game, for the helm!

The possibilities were limitless!

People who already had the achievements would have gotten a free gift, people who didn't have any of the achievements would have been spread out across the maps, exploring Tamriel, with a finite end in sight, looting purple boxes, and having a nice time.

Instead, there are so many people farming world bosses that most of them can't even loot, because for some ungodly reason there's a cap on the number of people who can loot a boss. It's insane.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop mindless grinding.

WTH?

fx20uccvgg5m.png

Aesthetics.

They have similar names, but they are not the same.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm: You ARE looting the chest, correct? People have not been, and that's what gives the style page.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stop mindless grinding.

WTH?

fx20uccvgg5m.png

Bro they're completely different motifs.

The ONLY way to get the Staff of Worms (the specific staff that Mannimarco uses, NOT the Worm Cult staff) is through Dolmens.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on April 11, 2024 3:25PM
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy for the people who have got this quickly. But as it stands I have run at least a couple hours of dolmen every night (with one exception) and I don't have it. I have gained hundreds of anniversary boxes from the dolmens but no style page.

And yes, I am looting the chest, not just looting the boss.

I have tried different zones. Different characters.

I do not expect to have it handed to me on a plate. I do not mind working for it. But right now all the time I have put in is worthless because it does not in any way raise the chance that I will get it tonight, or the next night, or any night.

I have not been so annoyed by the game since the way they handled adding Maelstrom perfected weapons (another thing that felt HUGELY disrespectful of player time).

Of course grind is going to be an element in any MMO, and for the most part I feel ESO handles that well - it's a big part of why I've stuck around so long. But doing hundreds of dolmen a night is not a good thing for the event.
  • Krec
    Krec
    ✭✭✭

I share the same thoughts toward the drop rates for Chef Arquitius' Lost Thesis. I have no idea how many BGs I have done without getting it. However, the drop rates for the style pages are much better. Just require luck with rng and probably is a good idea to spread out the grind times. I got the worm staff first dolmen of second grind day.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krec wrote: »

I share the same thoughts toward the drop rates for Chef Arquitius' Lost Thesis. I have no idea how many BGs I have done without getting it. However, the drop rates for the style pages are much better. Just require luck with rng and probably is a good idea to spread out the grind times. I got the worm staff first dolmen of second grind day.

However, there's no time limit for you to get the lost thesis. On the other hand, these 5 pages will be gone after the event's over and no one can be sure if they'll ever return.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • seventhirtyseven_
    seventhirtyseven_
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished my 402nd Dolmen and still nothing
    Edited by seventhirtyseven_ on April 12, 2024 1:31AM
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krec wrote: »

However, there's no time limit for you to get the lost thesis. On the other hand, these 5 pages will be gone after the event's over and no one can be sure if they'll ever return.

Honestly how people just keep brushing aside the drop dead date is beyond me.
    PS5/NA
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    An anniversary is a year celebration these items should be available all year
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment this grind has made me really losing interest in pressing keys for a fight. I feel empty and unmotivated to play the game along the way it is played at the moment. I guess I will have to do something else.
  • CenturionExplorer
    CenturionExplorer
    ✭✭✭
    I met you yesterday at queens consort.
    I got the staff after 30 hours of in-game time just standing around and waiting for the WB.
    Edited by CenturionExplorer on April 12, 2024 7:55AM
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have done more than 200 dolmens and countless hours of wb farm and did not get both staffs.

Now I am done with it. They don't want players to have? Than they have won. I won't search them anymore. They can stick it where they deem fit.
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done over 400 dolmens and haven't gotten it. I started with the fishing, took around 20 minutes. Started doing the dolmens for like 6 hours and got nothing, then decided to swap to the world bosses. Got those both after like 8 hours or so, went back to the dolmens, farmed for another 8 hours, still nothing, and I have been on geysers for around 8-10 hours here as well. Over 150 geysers and 400 dolmens, haven't gotten either one.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that I don't come close to the hardcore farmers out there. I still think that already my grind time is beyond reasonable.

If they implement such insane drop rates then the conclusion is inevitable: They don't want all players to have it. They get their will as far as I am concerned.

They could have written in their announcement that it is extremely rarely found. No, they wrote explicitely there is a chance. They did not write "a very very low chance". In my language they say that "with a little luck" you can find the staff in Dolmens. They did not write "with huge and insane amount of luck". I made a screenshot and can post it here for proof if anyone wishes (in my language though).

Done with it and them. I am thru. Finito.They can stick their motifs and their jubilee somewhere else.
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on April 12, 2024 8:35AM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be honest, it seems that it is pure RNG and it was a folly, since RNG is sometimes a cruel thing.

There is a reason why any proper RNG based stuff in gaming usually has a guaranteed drop at some point (by incrementing a drop chance with every unsuccessful attempt until a 100% guaranteed drop). Because it is NO FUN to have a pure RNG based implementation, especially if one is getting no luck (I guess this game has something to learn from gacha genre after all, which is a slightly sad thing to consider).

So I can't believe there is no such mechanism in place. Maybe we are not supposed to get ALL of the style pages, if not lucky enough.

So if there is any drop supporting system involved, I would suggest anyone to choose what they want to get, because you might be triggering the system for the drops you don't really want.
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on April 12, 2024 10:32AM