Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Staff of Worms Replica drop rate

• AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully agree with you.

On your last point just to add into the soup: The Bardas helmet and sunnra staff both drops from vvardenfell bosses without possibility to select which drops. I for instance got the bardas helmet but not the sunnara staff despite me prefering the other way round of my drops (gave up before a sunnara drop).
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krec wrote: »
    Sorry but this makes no sense. At this point I've done 350+ dolmens and nothing. This is insane for an anniversary event. Of course it's my fault, because I can just stop trying to get the page, but as someone who's been playing since 2015 I would like to get them just for the collection. It makes absolutely no sense that it takes this many dolmens for it to drop. And I haven't even tried getting the other ones (except the sword). I don't think I can ever do a dolmen ever again after this event lol!

I share the same thoughts toward the drop rates for Chef Arquitius' Lost Thesis. I have no idea how many BGs I have done without getting it. However, the drop rates for the style pages are much better. Just require luck with rng and probably is a good idea to spread out the grind times. I got the worm staff first dolmen of second grind day.

However, there's no time limit for you to get the lost thesis. On the other hand, these 5 pages will be gone after the event's over and no one can be sure if they'll ever return.

Honestly how people just keep brushing aside the drop dead date is beyond me.

Yep, ZOS has created a FOMO panic by saying if you don't get all five of these by April 24th, you've missed your chance. Just like they did with the anniversary cakes. Didn't get the 2016 cake? Oh well, tough luck. But at least you could have gotten that with a quick quest, rather than some horrendous RNG gamble five times over.

They could have made the motifs tradeable, or at least made them available with tickets for those who can't spend 20-30-40 hours grinding incursions, bosses, or fishing. And to add insult to injury, if you are an average to low tier player, you might not even get any anniversary boxes at dolmens or geysers if you aren't in the top 12 damage dealers. And the icing on the cake is that the official event page says you can get the boxes by "completing incursions," which is false. The boxes only drop from the bosses who aren't even required to be damaged by you to get credit for completing the incursion.

Just a poor implementation overall. I haven't seen this much angst over a ZOS created situation in quite some time. And here it was supposed to be a fun celebration. On a positive note, however.... at least we get an extra week of grinding crafting dailies for boxes. So not a total loss.

Edited by Jaraal on April 12, 2024 11:00AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been farming for this staff everyday after work since the event started, at about 5 hours a day. No luck. At this point playing this game irritates me to the point that I’m struggling to even bring myself to play. If it wasn’t for the fact that I’ve wanted this staff since I first saw Mannimarco with it when I first started playing this game.

I’ll be honest, soon as I get this staff I’m done with this game for a while. I need a break after all this stress. Games are supposed to release stress, not induce it. We should have be able to buy it with tickets at the very least.
  • seventhirtyseven_
    seventhirtyseven_
    ✭✭✭
    Final update: After 413 Dolmens it finally dropped.
  • seventhirtyseven_
    seventhirtyseven_
    ✭✭✭
    The Bardas helmet and sunnra staff both drops from vvardenfell bosses without possibility to select which drops. I for instance got the bardas helmet but not the sunnara staff despite me prefering the other way round of my drops (gave up before a sunnara drop).

Is this true? I actually got the helmet yesterday after trying the Dolmens and failing again. I got the helmet on the first boss I did so I can't complain about that. Does that mean the staff is no longer available?
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The Bardas helmet and sunnra staff both drops from vvardenfell bosses without possibility to select which drops. I for instance got the bardas helmet but not the sunnara staff despite me prefering the other way round of my drops (gave up before a sunnara drop).

Is this true? I actually got the helmet yesterday after trying the Dolmens and failing again. I got the helmet on the first boss I did so I can't complain about that. Does that mean the staff is no longer available?

What he's trying to say is that you don't choose which one of the two drops first. If you're looking for the helm and you got the staff, you just have to continue farming (it will still be available).
  • seventhirtyseven_
    seventhirtyseven_
    ✭✭✭

What he's trying to say is that you don't choose which one of the two drops first. If you're looking for the helm and you got the staff, you just have to continue farming (it will still be available).

Oh my bad, I'll try to get it then. Thanks!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Grega wrote: »
    Sorry but this makes no sense. At this point I've done 350+ dolmens and nothing. This is insane for an anniversary event. Of course it's my fault, because I can just stop trying to get the page, but as someone who's been playing since 2015 I would like to get them just for the collection. It makes absolutely no sense that it takes this many dolmens for it to drop. And I haven't even tried getting the other ones (except the sword). I don't think I can ever do a dolmen ever again after this event lol!

WTH with the staff of Worms?

Guys, the 2 ticket bag has chance to drop the item. And not some "random" chance but if you have 100% to get the remaining pieces of the Yesteryear container you will get the style page until completion.

So just buy the cheap Cult pages and the rest (prophet etc) and have only the expensive motifs to come from the Yesteryear bag.
    You WILL get the remaining motifs/pages at 100% rate. There wont be any duplicates.

Is the same method used on PVP events to gather quickly all the motifs didn't bother to get last few years.

So buy cheap styles and get the rest from the bags.

Stop mindless grinding.

You can’t get staff of worms from the bags. Everything you said is false, actually.

WTH?
    How you came to conclusion that that I wrote is false?

The real MOTIF style page drops from the bag of yesteryears. Is not tradeable since you purchase it with tickets but you do get it for the proper style collection. And I mean PROPER style page, so you can craft and sell destro/resto staves using the Worm Cult style at any weight, set or trait and sell them.

fx20uccvgg5m.png

Also there is a chance to drop from the purple boxes but that is irrelevant.

And because you do not believe me that can be done here. You call ZOS liars too?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/45905

here is the same post bit better to read

https://eso-hub.com/en/events/anniversary-jubilee

Here is my post from yesterday on a different matter. But as you see I did collect the worm staff from the bag alongside few other remaining pieces as I cannot buy the bag any more since have collected everything.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8085066

My previous post gives a quick method that works with all tradeable styles how to narrow the 2 event ticket bags to give you 100% what you want and is included in it.
    Is something that working like that for many years for all events.

They are talking about the Bound Staff of Worms Replica motif, not the worm cult staff motif

But why farm for the replica when you can get the real thing?

Because it looks cool in outfitter

:#
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the staff on my third account while leveling a character, took 2h 20m going by my xp scroll timer.

Have no intention of farming any of the unique style pages on my main or secondary accounts, but it's still cool one of my accounts get to use it.
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    got staff in 1.5h, but! helm in vvardenfel. i killed almost 1000 bosses in total, havent droped it yet, i havent been outside vvardenfel since... *** and worst event ever
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Raeder
    Raeder
    ✭✭✭
    Forcing such a huge grind for a 10 year event is crazy to me. This should be fun.

Why isn't this tied to getting some interesting achievements?

Grinding is the laziest way to reward players, and I would have thought that to celebrate 10 years that more effort would have been put into this.

I'd also like to point out that I think I've done at least 150 Dolmens and not gotten the page.
  • depravity_influence
    This is a grind <snip> years in the making

<snipped for profanity bypass>
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 14, 2024 3:22AM
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's not your fault. It's natural that people want to get cool things that are added to the game. When these cool things are available only for a limited time, the urgency to obtain them grows. It's ridiculous that some people are doing over 100 of each activity, be it dolmens or geysers, and getting nothing, often not even event boxes. The devs are at fault for presenting us with this unpleasant choice: grind to the point of pain or miss the chance of getting exclusive limited-time items. A celebration shouldn't feel like punishment.

Limited sources of drops, appallingly low drop rate, RNG seeding causing streakiness, and all other rewards for the activity restrained by DPS limits seems a witches brew designed to frustrate rather than celebrate.

The dolmen issue has a couple of solutions to help improve RNG a little.. Go off peak. Go Blackreach and do Harrowstorms or go to other less popular zones that aren't on the dolmen farm trail. Eastmarch for example, was not too silly. Take the daily quest from Cardea Gallas, when you do. (Stay Out of Tamriel achievement). Put lots of skills you want to level when you turn in and at least get something done while you grind! But it's still an annoying way to waste hours on not very interesting content. Perhaps if they'd tied it to the dolmen achievement -30 dark anchors-as a guaranteed drop? That would feel more like an anniversary present...

The other style page is the true horror show, imo. If the adds on the geysers also dropped purple boxes as a minimum and they'd added the rare Summerset style page drop to world bosses there too, not just from the approx 5 geysers' shell troves, I think players would feel a bit happier about the other staff style page.
    As it is, it's worse than the mad mythic grind when those dropped form approx 5 safe boxes. And at least that wasn't gated behind a cut off date.

Between this, and the Cyrodil roll backs, I so glad I am not a style page completionist.

I did do the fishing one and finally cleared Glenumbra by catching 4 fish for the zone clear achievement after playing the game since 2016.

So I guess that says it all. Take home point for marketers at ZoS:
    Fishing loather does fishing for style page because she has a chance. Same player, a PvE enjoyer with quite good dps does NOT do geysers because what's the point? She also vows not to buy any style pages because this reinforces the 'make it so grindy that people get resigned to buying it' micro transactions game design. ie The Farmville school of MMO design. Let me say this Zenimax, it's a slippery slope and is one thing that guarantees burn out , resentment and long term players leaving.

edited for clarity. (left out the actual dolmen stuff. ot the NPC name wrong.
    /facepalm)
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on April 14, 2024 4:58AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos