The RNG Seeding Issue is Grotesque, Grotesque, Seeding, Issue, Issue, Seeding, Issue

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its getting to the point where ToT is just not fun to play. Games that stood out from last night, in that they were beyond the typical "3 of a kind" in the tavern sillines:

Game 1: NPC got 3 Forest Wraiths in a row. Zero Black Sacrament or Ambush cards in the entire game

Game 2: NPC played his SINGLE Conquest card 3 hands in a row, despite not eliminating any cards from his 12 card hand, without Celarus or any other way to reshuffle his SINGLE Conquest card back to the top. Every single time it was accompanied by Way of the Sword

Game 3: My personal favorite from yesterday. NPC, going second, got his base Hlaalu card plus 4 coins, and started the game by getting Kwama Egg Mine followed THREE Ebony Mines which were followed by TWO Currency Exchanges, an Unfathomable Secrets, and Rajhin agent spam, of course. All in one turn. To start the game.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one noticing this stuff recently. The RNG in ToT against NPCs has been insane. There's also been some strange bugginess with some of the cards:

1. Bewilderment cards ALWAY get laid down first, but lately, the NPC has been able to select when it is played.
    2. One of the Mora cards is glitching - the one where the player has to destroy 2 cards and the opponent gets 1 power. I haven't seen it play correctly since before Gold Road launched.

And don't forget the "bad luck" where your agent you picked up is at the bottom of your pile while the NPC's agent is right there on top.
    Options
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭
    Its getting to the point where ToT is just not fun to play. Games that stood out from last night, in that they were beyond the typical "3 of a kind" in the tavern sillines:

Game 1: NPC got 3 Forest Wraiths in a row. Zero Black Sacrament or Ambush cards in the entire game

Game 2: NPC played his SINGLE Conquest card 3 hands in a row, despite not eliminating any cards from his 12 card hand, without Celarus or any other way to reshuffle his SINGLE Conquest card back to the top. Every single time it was accompanied by Way of the Sword

Game 3: My personal favorite from yesterday. NPC, going second, got his base Hlaalu card plus 4 coins, and started the game by getting Kwama Egg Mine followed THREE Ebony Mines which were followed by TWO Currency Exchanges, an Unfathomable Secrets, and Rajhin agent spam, of course. All in one turn. To start the game.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one noticing this stuff recently. The RNG in ToT against NPCs has been insane. There's also been some strange bugginess with some of the cards:

1. Bewilderment cards ALWAY get laid down first, but lately, the NPC has been able to select when it is played.
    2. One of the Mora cards is glitching - the one where the player has to destroy 2 cards and the opponent gets 1 power. I haven't seen it play correctly since before Gold Road launched.

And don't forget the "bad luck" where your agent you picked up is at the bottom of your pile while the NPC's agent is right there on top.

Oh, indeed...I sometimes feel like grabbing "good" cards is almost futile, because every single one of them stacks at the bottom of the deck, while every high-dollar/agent/knockout card the NPC has goes right to the top. In one game, the NPC only had 5 Crow cards, but every deal, they were always. Right. On. Top. And that's without any reshuffling, because Celarus and Hunding weren't any of the chosen patrons.

Definitely makes one want to rage-quit, which I do if I've lost 8 games in a row and it's past my bedtime, LOL - I hate conceding a match, but sometimes...nothing else to do, especially when they have 10 agents up and they're spamming Crow and Druid King nonstop. :D
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had a game where the opponent's only Almalexia cards where Lessons and the starter card.

You can tell when someone plays a card that they just drew based on where that card in the hand comes from.

I watched them play that Lessons, do the Donate 1, and the card that they drew with it was the starter card over and over and over and over and over..... Of course, each time, that entitled them to drawing another card via combo 2, so they never actually got punished for picking up Lessons with no synergy.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭
    I had a game where the opponent's only Almalexia cards where Lessons and the starter card.

You can tell when someone plays a card that they just drew based on where that card in the hand comes from.

I watched them play that Lessons, do the Donate 1, and the card that they drew with it was the starter card over and over and over and over and over..... Of course, each time, that entitled them to drawing another card via combo 2, so they never actually got punished for picking up Lessons with no synergy.

Seeing that happen drives me nuts. Or, when they use the Crow cards over and over and over and over...they end up drawing up to 20 cards in the same round. Insane.
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    f36kpg69srf1.jpg

Laugh or cry folks?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    So it's not just me!! I was just talking about this with my husband yesterday. It has felt like for the past few months, the RNG has been insane, and a lot of the games I play are decided within the first 2 rounds. I have no problems losing to good players. I learn awesome strategies with them and have made good friends from this as well. But the key thing is: skill. Not RNG. It's not fun for me, either, when I get really good cards at the beginning and my opponent gets crap. That's not skill when you win. It feels like an empty victory. I'd end the game, but then you've got that stupid deserter penalty. If there's a card that gets rid of the OP cards in the beginning, I do that rather than take it so that the game is more interesting.
    Options
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭
    f36kpg69srf1.jpg

Laugh or cry folks?

Oh, wow...I think that I would laugh until I cry! That's not right... :#
    Options