The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grand Hattu Onyx lead questions

HowlKimchi
HowlKimchi
✭✭✭✭✭
This is for the Lefthander's Aegis Belt Mythic. I've been searching online and there have been confliction information. I have two questions:
  1. Does it have to be jewelry crafting writs, or will any crafting writ drop the lead?
  2. Does the crafting skill have to be max level and if not, does it influence the drop rate?
Also, for those who has it, how many days on how many crafters did it take you? Would appreciate replies, thanks a lot!
Edited by HowlKimchi on March 21, 2024 3:58AM
previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 12:46AM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you have to complete said writs in High Isle, so I would do them there just to cover all bases.

No such requirement exists.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting writing
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the rank of the craft does influence it slightly, so you do have a better chance of getting it when doing it at max level (platinum mats)

and it does have to be the daily jewelry writs, not master writs
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the rank of the craft does influence it slightly, so you do have a better chance of getting it when doing it at max level (platinum mats)

Do you have a source on this?
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HowlKimchi wrote: »
    This is for the Lefthander's Aegis Belt Mythic. I've been searching online and there have been confliction information. I have two questions:
    1. Does it have to be jewelry crafting writs, or will any crafting writ drop the lead?
    2. Does the crafting skill have to be max level and if not, does it influence the drop rate?
    Also, for those who has it, how many days on how many crafters did it take you? Would appreciate replies, thanks a lot!

100% doesn't have to be a maxed out jewellery crafting char. I got mine on an alt.
    I had 14 or so characters running dailies, mixture of just JC and some Cloth/WW/Smith as well took me 6 days to get it (all done in alinor as I didn't move them once i'd unlocked JC writs).
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 22, 2024 12:47AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten it twice :/
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HowlKimchi wrote: »

Do you have a source on this?

i think there was some discussion about it on the forums, back when it was first released, i think there was a brief bug where it would not drop at all from the craft level 10 daily writs, but while it would drop from craft levels below that, the chance was determined to be far lower than if just done at craft level 10
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 12:42AM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never farmed this lead, I got it very quickly first time around.

A few days ago I completed the mythic and the very next day I got the lead again, I do nine sets of crafting dailies a day and always in Riften.

I have to ask, you have double and triple checked you don't have it already? I've done that before!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 days in with 108 daily crafting writs completed and 0 leads. This is going well. Here's my main point of contention. If someone can actively farm a lead and not get it after 100+ attempts, then how is it even remotely realistic for ZOS to think that players will get any of these leads passively while just playing the game???

I've gotten three passively, possibly more. Lead RNG really feels unfair, sometimes...
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

A few days ago I completed the mythic and the very next day I got the lead again, I do nine sets of crafting dailies a day and always in Riften.

I have to ask, you have double and triple checked you don't have it already? I've done that before!

I've double, triple, and quadruple checked! I'm working on completing the entire codex and I must say that actually farming the leads is downright terrible. My account clearly has the lowest RNG possible.
    Aurielle wrote: »
    6 days in with 108 daily crafting writs completed and 0 leads. This is going well. Here's my main point of contention. If someone can actively farm a lead and not get it after 100+ attempts, then how is it even remotely realistic for ZOS to think that players will get any of these leads passively while just playing the game???

I've gotten three passively, possibly more. Lead RNG really feels unfair, sometimes...

RNG is indeed a fickle mistress. I love farming leads with friends and watching all of them get the leads while I get zilch. I can't tell you how many times I saw people get the lead in DSA while I farmed it over the course of a year+ before finally getting it. I'm on the third codex entry and honestly I'm trying to decide whether to move forward or just throw in the towel. Antiquities is a great concept with awful implementation.

i went with a "halfway approach" direction lol

i want to complete the codex, but i also realize farming leads is not fun

so i prioritize getting at minimum each lead at least once, and then ill just dig up other leads as i get them (or if they show up on the archive rotation vendor) to get to the 3 codex lol

a majority of older leads i have actually already gotten all 3 codex entries filled using this method

the worst leads are the ones in the treasure maps by a longshot as theres no real easy way to farm those
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

I've double, triple, and quadruple checked! I'm working on completing the entire codex and I must say that actually farming the leads is downright terrible. My account clearly has the lowest RNG possible.
    Aurielle wrote: »

RNG is indeed a fickle mistress. I love farming leads with friends and watching all of them get the leads while I get zilch. I can't tell you how many times I saw people get the lead in DSA while I farmed it over the course of a year+ before finally getting it. I'm on the third codex entry and honestly I'm trying to decide whether to move forward or just throw in the towel. Antiquities is a great concept with awful implementation.

i went with a "halfway approach" direction lol

i want to complete the codex, but i also realize farming leads is not fun

so i prioritize getting at minimum each lead at least once, and then ill just dig up other leads as i get them (or if they show up on the archive rotation vendor) to get to the 3 codex lol

a majority of older leads i have actually already gotten all 3 codex entries filled using this method

the worst leads are the ones in the treasure maps by a longshot as theres no real easy way to farm those

I agree that the treasure chest ones are bad, but the ones that are really stumping me at the moment are just downright silly. Farming clothing and wood nodes in High Isle/Galen, and clothing nodes in the Deadlands should not be this tedious. I've picked hundreds of nodes and cannot get those leads to pop. On the bright side I'm stocking up on mats. On the downside, I'm tired of farming nodes. Once again, with my RNG it doesn't feel like I would ever get these leads through normal gameplay, which is just poor lead drop implementation in my opinion.

yeah, i was running into those issues when going for the 2nd leads on some, so i just gave up and instead of grinding it out just got the drops as they came up or other methods (like the archive vendor)

the first drops were pretty quick, usually within 1-10 attempts, but the 2nd drops were bad (but only for some leads, not all) that were 10-20x worse than the first lead
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭