The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Class change tokens on the in-game store

mariliaribas
mariliaribas
✭✭✭
The recent changes to Necro made a weak class even weaker. It was already the weakest class in the game - a class that, mind you, it's a paid one -, and GLS nerfed even further. I've been maining Necro since I started, which means that my character has all the lorebooks and recipes. Also, since it's a roleplaying game, I have some level of attachment to the character, but playing Necro right now is completely out of question. I'm probably not the only one in this position, since absolutely everyone commented on the PTS how this change was a bad idea and didn't solve the problems with the class. Considering this, I think class change tokens should be sold in the in-game store so we can change to a class that can actually do some damage without unnecessary laters of complexity that offer no reward at all.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 13, 2024 5:22PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last i was aware they said class change tokens were not technically feasible to do right now, as this is a heavily requested item for the last few years (theres literally been posts going back to 2016 asking about class change tokens)

the forum search is not great, but there is definitely a post from zos in one of the previous class change token request threads that it is unlikely to happen for the current future
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    They also said new classes weren't feasible and then Arcanist came, so I don't know, maybe something changed?
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They also said new classes weren't feasible

They've never said that.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • valenwood_vegan
      valenwood_vegan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yeah lol the forum search is a little rough, I think this is the most recent thing ZoS has said on class changes, but not 100% sure on that and I don't have the time to go looking.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7834162#Comment_7834162

TLDR: "Hi all, just wanted to follow up here since we've followed up in a few other threads about class change tokens. Currently, we do not have any plans on implementing class changes tokens. There are a number of technical challenges with implementing them, and it would take a significant amount of time to solve these challenges efficiently and safely."
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They also said new classes weren't feasible and then Arcanist came, so I don't know, maybe something changed?

Not only did they never say that, but there were two new classes before Arcanist, so I'm afraid you're clutching at false straws there.
    • Maitsukas
      Maitsukas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd prefer not see those, so that players avoid chasing the meta Class every major patch. Also expect to fully level the skills to 50 from scratch again and a hefty price for a single token.
      PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
    • mariliaribas
      mariliaribas
      ✭✭✭
      Years ago the Devs said the consoles could not handle more due to how the animations for player classes are handled. There are some bits of their speech in this video https://youtu.be/ytVBCCPatI0?si=6DxTqYhZe1YBQqHM
      I can't find a better source. However, since they added a new class, it seems they managed to overcome their limitations, which could open the possibility to class change tokens.
      Tandor wrote: »

Not only did they never say that, but there were two new classes before Arcanist, so I'm afraid you're clutching at false straws there.

Edited by mariliaribas on March 13, 2024 5:11PM
    • Alpheu5
      Alpheu5
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      They also said new classes weren't feasible

They've never said that.
      Tandor wrote: »

There was a time window a few years ago where it was inferred. Exact words from Matt Firor regarding PS4 and XB1 consoles:

"At one point we had to stop adding new animations to the game for 6 months because we would just run out of memory on those devices if we had."

The work they did is likely why we were able to get the Arcanist at all.
      Edited by Alpheu5 on March 13, 2024 5:11PM
      Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
      Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    • mariliaribas
      mariliaribas
      ✭✭✭
      Maitsukas wrote: »
      I'd prefer not see those, so that players avoid chasing the meta Class every major patch. Also expect to fully level the skills to 50 from scratch again and a hefty price for a single token.

It could be made so that you can only buy at level 50?
    • ZOS_Volpe
      ZOS_Volpe
      admin
      Greetings,

Because there is a thread already open on this topic; Class Change Tokens, we're going to close this one down so that all feedback can be consolidated in one place. You may continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Staff Post
    This discussion has been closed.