Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

Class Change Tokens - Request Number 73,276

Tyrobag
Tyrobag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Please please please tell me its finally time for a class change token. I already have a character that worships Hermaeus Mora, and is practically already an arcanist. I have years invested in the character, so remaking him isn't an option.

This has been asked for years now, anyone else think its finally time for zos to make this money making machine?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... no Class Change

\0lghusz5ta5w.png

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Class change tokens would be detrimental to the long term health of the game. We are getting character slots so you can enjoy the game and all its content all over again with a new class.

Why would it be detrimental to the health of the game?

MMOs need three things to thrive. New content, players repeating content and players doing a variety of content.

Class tokens take away from players repeating content and doing a variety of content.

None of that is determined by the convenience that allows for players to swap their characters class. Ask Final Fantasy 14.

I play FFXIV also, there not classes your switching there called jobs. and it requires one the appropriate weapon and two if you unlocked the job a job stone. it is completely different
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    majulook wrote: »
    Well... no Class Change

\0lghusz5ta5w.png

That doesn't in any way imply that there wont be a class change token, you could already have deleted a character to open slots, that's not what a class change token is for,
    Class change tokens would be detrimental to the long term health of the game. We are getting character slots so you can enjoy the game and all its content all over again with a new class.

MMOs need three things to thrive. New content, players repeating content and players doing a variety of content.

Class tokens take away from players repeating content and doing a variety of content.

What do you mean? Token added = people doing more content with their class changed character. No token added = people not playing as much since they aren't using the new class.

Token added means player gets bored with their character soon or runs out of things to do in that character and moves on. We are getting slots so players can use the new class without impacting their existing characters.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Several reasons. The most obvious is that there would always be pressure to change to the FOTM class for any sort of competitive gameplay. To take it one step further, there would now be more incentive for ZOS to make even wilder swings in balance than they already do in an effort to sell class change tokens. It has the potential to get very much in the realm of pay 2 win. Class change is and always will be a bad idea. I am not saying it wouldn't be useful on the margins for casual players, but overall, I am very much against it.

Perhaps a workaround is a limited amount of times it is allowed per character. Maybe once. Maybe 3 times. That way it isn't because of new meta new class- but moreso for aesthetic on a beloved toon.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No class change token... just play the game! Enjoy the journey, instead of rushing to the end.

There are many reasons for why not, but these are already mentioned here. Add to that, I like to know that those who are on a class, spend the time to level it. Especially now with a new class coming out.