The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you feel about the guild/fraction system of TESO?

ThelerisTelvanni
ThelerisTelvanni
✭✭✭
We have a lot of guilds/fractions in the Elder Scrolls lore.

In TESO we have:
  • The Mages Guild
  • The Fighters Guild
  • The Undaunted
  • The Dark Brotherhood
  • The Thieves Guild
  • The Psijic Order

Each and every single one with a respective skilline. How do you feel about these joinable factions?

How do you feel about the guild/fraction system of TESO? 77 votes

They are perfectly fine. skilllines that represent my progress and skills as rewards are all I need.
31%
haploeb14_ESOfreespiritqwaurckAvalonRangerSalmeynaTandorkargen27I_killed_VivecSatanicSisterfizl101TheSpunkyLobsterVonnegut2506runa_gateJuju_beansToanisLikiLokiredlink1979Diebesgutkatanagirl1the1andonlyskwex 24 votes
They are fine, but I’d love to have some more cosmetic rewards for each guild/fraction. As well as more quests.
28%
XerenSilafbrutaVDoom1wolfie1.0.SilverIce58WelanduzMonte_CristoLemurejoN3CR01spartaxoxoEzhhWiseSkyHlanuVeryamedlielMorvanCooperharleyJestirmoderatelyfatmanalternatelder 22 votes
I just need more guilds/fractions. (Any specific? Write a comment!)
2%
kaushadmoo_2021 2 votes
I think the guild/fraction system needs a rework! I need a guild/fraction screen, that shows the guilds/fractions that I am a part of as well as my respective rank! I want new & updated guild/fraction quests for each zone and rewards for my guild/fraction progress. Fitting rewards like titles, gear styles, costumes, personalities, emotes, mounts, a companion, furniture and furniture plans, as well as the current guild/fraction skills.
22%
shadyjane62peter1488duaglothRoztlin45Artim_XWatchdogVan_WinkleACamaroGuyWahlstaedtKitzibookevkjMalyoreAnifaasFrogmotherFelisCatuswilykcatThelerisTelvanni 17 votes
I have my own ideas and want to share them! (Write a comment!)
15%
KendaricSilverBrideRachaelphotoTempPlayerbmnoblePixiepumpkinDreamyLuSoaroraTaSheenfizzyluWarhawke_80LaintalAy 12 votes
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭
    They are fine, but I’d love to have some more cosmetic rewards for each guild/fraction. As well as more quests.
    Overall, the guild quests are fine except for the Psijic Order one: with time travel and the entirely rich history of Tamriel to explore, they send you to play join the dots on a map.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mess with any of them except Mages and Psijic - don't really want to deal with Sheo, but the rest of it is fine, and I really love the Psijic quest line. Fighters I do on one character on each PC megaserver, just to get the crafting stations for attuning so I never have to bother with it again.

I don't find grindy stuff like that fun at all, so I just won't do it. As for DB and TG, I don't have any use for that content in any TES game.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the guild/fraction system needs a rework! I need a guild/fraction screen, that shows the guilds/fractions that I am a part of as well as my respective rank! I want new & updated guild/fraction quests for each zone and rewards for my guild/fraction progress. Fitting rewards like titles, gear styles, costumes, personalities, emotes, mounts, a companion, furniture and furniture plans, as well as the current guild/fraction skills.
    I want to be hired to murder someone in the Clockwork City, I want to find lost Khajiit lore in Elsweyr, I want to steal an idol from Murkmire, I want to fight a strong enemy in the Deadlands to prove that I am a fighter, etc etc.

Antiquities and tales of tribute are implemented quite well into the world, but as mentioned in the OP, so much can be done with the guilds.

I love the idea of another form of guild progression tied to new quests with associated rewards to encourage player engagement.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never liked them. I don't feel like a member of the mages guild, or the fighter guild, or the undaunted. It just seems like grind gameplay added that gets boring after your first character so that you spend money on the line for your second -20th character. That is what it seems like to me.

I'd have preferred to been part of ONE guild only. Make them exclusive for their perks to create some actual diversity in this game vs everyone having the same kits.

In vanilla World of Warcraft (why do people use vanilla as "plain" when their is nothing "plain" about the flavor of vanilla to start with? I always wonder about that)...anyway in WOW circa 2004 there was an instanced area that only players of a certain PVP rank could get into. We called it the Warlords room. That always felt cool, that my character was part of something "exclusive" (although anyone putting in the effort could get into the room). We simply do not have that sense in ESO.

Then again, if we could only be part of one NPC guild, then there would be a massive reduction in the sales of the skill lines sold through the crown store.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not going to be changed, but I don’t care for general use skills being in guild skill lines as to me it makes no sense to have characters join every guild (not that I would take that option away from players). Any guild skill lines should be very specific, IMO, like the Thieves guild skill line. I would l have preferred joining guilds be for the quest/story and/or because the affiliation or focus of the guild makes sense for my character.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s factions, fractions are numbers (like 2/3 or 5/6). Anyways, I just wish they’d go do something with eyevea. Maybe they will with scribing, maybe not. But I saved the woman just for her to stand in one spot forever.
    Edited by Soarora on March 9, 2024 4:41PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been years we really could use a follow up on the guild stories, maybe a small quest line for each that will show us how the former quest lines and ourselves have influenced them

If they are under new leadership, how is it going under them?

If someone is no longer there, how are they doing and how are things without them?

Are they continuing to take new members? If they are, can we be the "mentor" now?

Just a small follow up would be nice to make the guilds feel like something that mattered and not another grind...... And a few guild inspired collectibles along with it would be lovely
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I find it all boring...there is just no dynamism to any of it...I know someone is going to run up to me in every town and say "The Guild has need of you Comrade"

Comrade?

Really?

Sorry chuck I don't want to be part of whatever revolution your planning ...

It's just all feels so trite...instead of feeder quest that we are sure to ignore let things actually happen to us that draws us in...and for god sakes stop calling us

Comrade
    Champion
    Hero
    Mama's special little man etc

if you guys would just listen into Zone chat for awhile you would know that this type of language is eyerolling at best...I mean you guys are working on a new MMO...are you actually planning to this same type of game loop for guilds? And if you're not why can't you change it for us?

I really hope questions like these get asked and answered at the up coming get togethers, because I feel like we are really in the dark about the future of the game in many areas.

Edited by Warhawke_80 on March 9, 2024 5:12PM
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit finds the limitations in the numbers of guilds and fractions available to be most irrational.

:D
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that the guilds are too heavily connected to character effectiveness and too loosely connected to story and personalization.

Part of what made my individual character special to me in other TES games was that different characters would be in different guilds depending on the RP of the characters.

The thing is, since I play with other people at times I need to put in a moderate effort to respect the time of other players and thus I need to bring characters that are somewhat close to people's expectations for the content which means I'll need to do guilds I would really rather not interact with.

For example, I find that most of my characters would not want to associate themselves with the Undaunted. But, the groups I run with might have someone that may feel I should be running Necrotic Orb.

I think you also hit the issue that the faction based rewards that you can obtain tend to feel more like a gold sink and less like a reward.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to mention the Antiquarian Circle, which is essentially a guild, but split into two skill lines under the World category (Scrying and Excavating).
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are perfectly fine. skilllines that represent my progress and skills as rewards are all I need.
    They're central to the TES heritage, and I'm fine with the way they're designed. Nonetheless, I'm sure they could be developed further and I'd be fine with that too.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just need more guilds/fractions. (Any specific? Write a comment!)
    I especially like the Great Houses and Temple in TESIII and wish that other TES games had factions like them. I don't know if I'd make skill lines of them. It might work out similar to zone dailies. The Dragonguard more or less worked this way.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have all these guilds. They are a sideshow as I almost never use any of them. I got face and body markings and Psijic portal from Psijic line. Its about the only useful one. I only got mage and fighters to lessen time to do a daily in crops, otherwise they have no meaning for me.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on March 9, 2024 9:34PM
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the poll options are too restrictive. So, I vote "Other".

I don't find it perfect, but the way it works is good enough to me and I have no need for a specific change.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People tend to want more so the poll will tend to show that.

However, the big takeaway that can be deduced from the results is that the majority, at the time of this post, feel the guild skill lines are fine. That is a total of 57% feel the skill lines are fine or perfectly fine and another 5% just think we need more guilds.

That is a pretty good result.

• ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

However, the big takeaway that can be deduced from the results is that the majority, at the time of this post, feel the guild skill lines are fine. That is a total of 57% feel the skill lines are fine or perfectly fine and another 5% just think we need more guilds.

That is why I made a poll and did not just ask for it.
    I played TES 3-5 as well as other RPG's in the past. To me the current system is a little to much MMO and to little RPG. It feels like the guilds like the mages guild just exist but I want it to be more of an integral part of the game.

I loved joining a guild like the mages guild in TES4 Oblivion. You joined and you were recognised in UI and by members. When you progressed you were offered new gear, like robes a staff and other things to represent your new rank. But gear in TESO is in most cases something you never use. But TESO offers so much more in regards of cosmetic so you can make your character look and feel like more of a member. If you had the rank you were able to recute some low ranking members. TESO has companions that can do that. In the TES4 mages guild you got access to more places and services as you progressed, what made it more rewarding. At the end you got you Archmages quaters. We have housing in the game so why not give us some coresponding furniture.

As for quests, we have a questlihne in the bace game as well as some daily quests. I am happy that we have guild halls in each DLC area for mages and fighters guild! But it is kind of sad that they dont offer quests for that specific DLC area they are in. The guild questlines are some of the best TES games had in the past had. TES 4 & 5 had there progress bound to questlines and TES 3 had that and skillchecks for skills coresponding to the guilds. That feels so much better than just collecting books or killing daedra and undead for a single purpes reduced dighters guild.

I'd love to get back the cool fantasy the guilds had in the past. But it seems my passion is not shared with most that voted here. Hunting down Manimarco and his Wurm Cult or breaking into Whitegold Tower are unforgetteble. compare that with what we got in TESO. The guild and fraction fantasy is at a loss here so I wanted it expanded.

But thanks to everyone voting :)
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I played TES 3-5 as well as other RPG's in the past. To me the current system is a little to much MMO and to little RPG. It feels like the guilds like the mages guild just exist but I want it to be more of an integral part of the game.

I loved joining a guild like the mages guild in TES4 Oblivion. You joined and you were recognised in UI and by members. When you progressed you were offered new gear, like robes a staff and other things to represent your new rank. But gear in TESO is in most cases something you never use. But TESO offers so much more in regards of cosmetic so you can make your character look and feel like more of a member. If you had the rank you were able to recute some low ranking members. TESO has companions that can do that. In the TES4 mages guild you got access to more places and services as you progressed, what made it more rewarding. At the end you got you Archmages quaters. We have housing in the game so why not give us some coresponding furniture.

As for quests, we have a questlihne in the bace game as well as some daily quests. I am happy that we have guild halls in each DLC area for mages and fighters guild! But it is kind of sad that they dont offer quests for that specific DLC area they are in. The guild questlines are some of the best TES games had in the past had. TES 4 & 5 had there progress bound to questlines and TES 3 had that and skillchecks for skills coresponding to the guilds. That feels so much better than just collecting books or killing daedra and undead for a single purpes reduced dighters guild.

I'd love to get back the cool fantasy the guilds had in the past. But it seems my passion is not shared with most that voted here. Hunting down Manimarco and his Wurm Cult or breaking into Whitegold Tower are unforgetteble. compare that with what we got in TESO. The guild and fraction fantasy is at a loss here so I wanted it expanded.

There are things I like about Skyrim and other games but each of them was a little different than the previous, though all placed in the same world. ESO is no different outside of the glaring aspect that it is an MMORPG instead of a single player game.

I will note that the poll does not really grasp what you seem to be trying to find in others. Besides being convoluted, it does not properly address what you are focused on. A simple question along the lines of would you like to see more involvement with the guilds with a yes or no answer would provide a better glimpse of how those in the forums feel about the subject.

Not trying to be critical, just pointing out what I think would provide better feedback. I do hope you find somethign in ESO you like.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have enough skills with my Class and Weapon skill lines. All these guild skills are overkill in my opinion. Making them all passive would be great, though.
    PCNA
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭

There are things I like about Skyrim and other games but each of them was a little different than the previous, though all placed in the same world. ESO is no different outside of the glaring aspect that it is an MMORPG instead of a single player game.

I will note that the poll does not really grasp what you seem to be trying to find in others. Besides being convoluted, it does not properly address what you are focused on. A simple question along the lines of would you like to see more involvement with the guilds with a yes or no answer would provide a better glimpse of how those in the forums feel about the subject.

Not trying to be critical, just pointing out what I think would provide better feedback. I do hope you find somethign in ESO you like.

Well I do like TESO but there is always room for improvement. The guild thing is just one where you can get a lot out of it.

And I am always open for constructive critisism. The reason I choose multiple options like this was to see if the other players are more in fovor of smal improvements like more cosmetic rewards and some new quests, don't need any or are like me asking for bigger changes. It seems that over 50% want some kind of improvement. But 30% of these over 50% of total players are relativly happy and only need some smal ajustments, so they are also part or the over 60% that seem to be mostly happy with the current system. I think the poll therefor served its purpose. But maybe talking a little more about my oppinions on the matter, in the original post, might have swayed more players to vote for my interests^^

But it is totally fine that not everyone wants what I want. We will see if the devs give us some goodys for the guilds ;)
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fraction system has me, myself and I split into thirds.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fraction system has me, myself and I split into thirds.

Okay, you won the internet for today!

[I laugh - because the "I, myself, and me" meme is something I've been living in for the last.... oh.... 70 years....]

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really need a UI overhaul for guilds, but I do feel like they're wasted as they currently are.... especially the ones that offer no active combat oriented skills. It would be great to see Zenimax add onto and expand the current guild skill lines with more abilities, especially Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild. I also wish they had some sort of reputation system (similar to alliance ranks) that gave access to things like titles, emotes/custom actions, guild themed personalities, etc. It would give more purpose to doing their dailies and add more replayability in general since I'm at a point where I do them until I get their associated achievement (sometimes I don't even bother doing that) then never touch them again.... and most people I know don't do them at all. Safe to say Zenimax would never do something like this as long as the crown store and monetization remains as is though.
    And for RPG fluff reasons, I've kind of always wanted a house that was IN a guild. The mages guild in Gonfalon Bay is one of my favorite things and it breaks my heart that there's really no reason to ever go in and out of it. Being able to accomplish something in the game to earn access to a mage tower house or something of the like in a mages guild would be 10/10.
    Edited by fizzylu on March 11, 2024 12:22AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once you do the guild stuff on more than 3-4 characters, you don’t want anything to do with it ever again.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think they could be tweaked to more accurately represent their roles. The Mages Guild here lacks magical flavour, especially for the player. Their dailies are just fetch quests in public dungeons. Their main quest is not even about magic, it's about Sheogorath. I don't remember anything about the Fighters Guild aside from dolmen dailies.

I find the guilds a little dull here tbh, but as someone else pointed out, the one which really needs an overhaul is the Psijics, practically everything about them - their quest line, their skill lines. Their complete irrelevance after finishing their story.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you do the guild stuff on more than 3-4 characters, you don’t want anything to do with it ever again.

NO KIDDING. Just.... ewww.....

• TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How dare you not list THE First Church of the Holy Sweetroll.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just with they would do something more with them, new side story content, new quests in chapter releases rather than being a one and done thing.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭
    'Cosmetic rewards' is a tautology.

I wont do the Pysjic questline again. Portal 'rewards' aren't worth the effort.
    I won't do antiquarian quests either. Too much work for things that I won't use; and are likely to be yesterday's news by the time I get them.
    PC EU
    UTC+10:30

seasons will pass you by
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rework Fighters and Mages' Guild skill lines to have passives only (like Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood).

I'd also remove the "Intimidation" and "Persuasion" passives from them and I use them as a basis for a "Speechcraft" world skill line.

No idea about the Psijic line though, never cared much about it.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester