Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Signatures Disabled - True?

Sarenia
Sarenia
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello @Sarenia,

This message is to inform you that we edited your signature because it contained an image.

We have made some changes to the forum. The ability to upload images to forum signatures has been turned off. Text-only signatures are still allowed. They may include links.

2 hours later, I'm going through the forum and seeing a number of people with signatures still active.

Did I tick off some developer and they decided to hassle me, or has anybody else had their signature disabled as well? Because I'm feeling singled out right now.
[beta_group_85b_9]
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    thats strange, my signature is just a placeholder until i get round to making a cool one, technically mine is an image but im still able to use it.
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • ChuiDuma
    ChuiDuma
    ✭✭✭
    No, you can have a signature, but it is text-only now. No images anymore. I presume because of the amount of people who are now using the forums.

They weren't yanking your chain or giving you a hard time.
    * Mara's Tester * >:) * The Psijic Order *
    * Werewolf *
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChuiDuma wrote: »
    No, you can have a signature, but it is text-only now. No images anymore. I presume because of the amount of people who are now using the forums.

They weren't yanking your chain or giving you a hard time.

Someone just posted with a signature.

Third one I've seen in the past few minutes.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is my signature still here?

Murray?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is my signature still here?

Murray?

Yes, just images supposedly got disabled.

But they aren't. it appears ZOS_CarolusS manually deleted mine but left everybody else's intact.

I was a prominent poster in that downtime thread and even got a direct reply from a ZOS_* so I figure I probably pissed in some ZOS rep's cheerios and earned myself a spot on the *** list.

Incoming thread lock?
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 2, 2014 5:33PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Narrator
    Narrator
    ✭✭✭
    I hope mine is still there.. kinda like a security blanket!!!!
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, there's two.

So he manually deleted mine, and left everybody else.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really just wanted someone to provide me with validation. No one's even congratulated me on my Monkey Island reference.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't have a signature in beta, but I can now... It's my time to obnoxiously stand out!
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    Jack is still here at the bar.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • ChuiDuma
    ChuiDuma
    ✭✭✭
    My signature is also gone... because I had an image. My guess is they haven't gotten to everyone yet. Narrator, you're next!
    * Mara's Tester * >:) * The Psijic Order *
    * Werewolf *
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChuiDuma wrote: »
    My signature is also gone... because I had an image. My guess is they haven't gotten to everyone yet. Narrator, you're next!

If they have some guy sitting at a desk manually deleting signatures one-by-one, they're doing it very wrong.

... That would also go to great lengths explaining the 12 hour downtime.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Narrator
    Narrator
    ✭✭✭
    Crap... Now ours will be deleted.. I bet this thread was a trap!!!!
    star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Images are supposed to be disabled, anyone whose sig still has one is bugged now. Text is meant to be allowed.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    mine has a picture :)
    but i cant upload pictures i used a [ IMG ] BB Code
    Edited by Vodka on April 2, 2014 4:54PM
    | Calling all Aldmeri Dominion | Agents of the Dominion | Recruiting All AD |
    | Add @Morckie in Game | Discord: https://discord.gg/MhrDxqe |
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vodka wrote: »
    mine has a picture :)
    but i cant upload pictures i used a [ IMG ] BB Code

As did I. He must have seen my posts, noted my signature, and manually deleted it. Makes me feel singled out. If they were going to disable them, why not disable them all at once? Instead, only mine gets deleted, manually.

I've been trying to get a responce from him for over 2 hours now, but he's deigned me unworthy. Like I said, I pissed in somebody's Cheerios.

Poor form on ZOS.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 2, 2014 5:01PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Did your sig have anything offensive in it?
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to inform you, but your signature is not working :(

Xbox One - BeScurred
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was this:
    sarenia_signature_20140331_2_zpsf0981332.png

Shame on me for adding some style to this mess of a forum. :neutral_face:
    Edited by Sarenia on April 2, 2014 5:14PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Severan wrote: »
    Sorry to inform you, but your signature is not working :(

Eh, I'm just lazy and haven't taken that out. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    well let me test that

my sig pic was gone T_T
    Edited by Louis on April 2, 2014 5:13PM
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Mind checking into this. If you have a rule about sigs it should apply to everyone.
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    hmm...wonder if I got it right
    My concern can be measured in micro-give-a-craps.
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    Well that just sucks, I know the code was right.
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    It said that for me but I got it to work.
    The King is Here!
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    It just don't like me. I used the "[img]http:\\blahblah.image.com[/img]" BBCode but it said -
    "Images are not allowed in signatures. Remove them and save to keep the changes."
    Edited by Lucifer66 on April 4, 2014 7:54AM
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    My image sig got deleted after beta changed over, and when I tried to put it back, I get an error about not allowing images.
    It was:
    cayceofsignature.png
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    Yeah but yours is working. What code did you use?
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uppercase BBCode works, but they'll manually delete it from your signature on sight.

Personally, I'm going to start manually adding my signature to each post anyway. Signatures are very important to identify a speaker easily. If you build up a reptuation as a helpful, informative person, people instantly know by your signature that it's you.

Otherwise, names and generic avatars all blend together and you barely notice who you're speaking to.

If they ban that, I'll just stop using the forum. I may as well host an ESO IRC at that point and cut out the nonsense.

sarenia_signature_20140331_2_zpsf0981332.png
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    No one is being singled out, but images are not allowed in signatures. The forum software mostly prevents this, but there are a few remaining cases where images are there.

If we encounter a signature with an image, we'll remove it.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post