The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ETA 1-2 hours

• TheMoDiiFii3r
    48025100.jpg
  • TheMoDiiFii3r
    too soon. Hope not though
    Edited by TheMoDiiFii3r on April 2, 2014 4:41PM
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed :|
  • vellwind
    vellwind
    So much for playing today ;(
    Has anyone told them you do server maintenance at night when the players are sleeping
  • ShadowSliver1107
    vellwind wrote: »
    So much for playing today ;(
    Has anyone told them you do server maintenance at night when the players are sleeping

yes they started maintenance at around midnight 4-1-12 and its still going

• gldnsabre_ESO
    12 hour server maintenance is a little absurd.
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice that they just did an update to the forums that is really messed up?

Different languages have separate threads, but the same name so you can't see which language you are choosing.

Also, a lot of posts form different areas got mixed into the wrong category: like the Defender guild posts mixed into the Server Status thread.
    Edited by hrdndv_ESO on April 2, 2014 4:58PM
  • judas
    judas
    Soul Shriven
    They want the retail release to be smooth. This is perfectly normal for an MMO launch. This has been real stable so far considering how new it is. Just know Zenimax is making the best game they can for us gamers. We should be understanding and not impatient. This is not being billed against your accont fee.
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    Yep just a game..real life matters more... that said they still screwed the pooch on passing info to the masses (paying masses at that) who could have engaged in real life if they had known it would be down past noon.

Jokes on us because no matter how much anyone complains they still know we will be back...
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh....the nerd rage in the forums should settle down soon :)

nerd-rage.jpg?w=450
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • skyyner
    skyyner
    fat chance. I saw early access as a perk not a deal maker/breaker. Ive been waiting since the serer went down.when they didnt give an eta from the start everyone should have known it was an extensive downtime.

EDIT: You didn't pay for early access you pre-ordered a game. People purchasing after official release will pay the same price. Therefore you didn't pay for it, it was a bonus.
    Edited by skyyner on April 2, 2014 5:13PM
  • Burritobandits
    Man I wish we could play early access that we paid for! :D
  • zamiel
    zamiel
    ✭✭✭
    12 hour server maintenance is a little absurd.
    Why? The servers were up nearly for 15 hours since last maintenance yesterday. That's a lot of time.

• crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    I'm downloading patch now, I'm assuming I'm downloading it from a server that is not down.

I will mention it is downloading at the speed of nut-hair.
    Edited by crimsonBZD on April 2, 2014 6:30PM
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I posted earlier that given their track record and the gap between patch notes and a statement they would not have servers up in 1-2 hours. Once again I was right, and the company lets a deadline pass with no word.

They are not the only ones that do this a lot of terrible companies do this and keep their clients in the dark.

Seeing as they just patched the game they still have to test and the snails pace they go maybe by 4 pm the game will be up and running. I am doubtful but one can be optimistic.

They definitely failed in their earlier estimate.

On a much more entertaining note, their forums are about to crash as they are overloaded :) This company is quite entertaining.
    Edited by wllstrt75b14_ESO on April 2, 2014 6:35PM
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.16 mB/s, sigh. Tic toc tic toc. :|
  • Spartycuss
    Spartycuss
    ✭✭✭
    servers still arent up even after patch download
  • ghost151
    ghost151
    ✭✭
    Server is still down...
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed eta by 10 min. So far.
  • geedubya14_ESO
    geedubya14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Down for maintenance at 0100 and still not up? Sad.
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta use this great GIF one more time....love it

dead-horse.gif
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should try using a more powerful soul gem to revive it.

• Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    1.16 mB/s, sigh. Tic toc tic toc. :|

Oh, I wish! Shame the patch wasn't available during the day it was offline.