The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Paid for Early Access

• TheMazrem
    TheMazrem
    This is a prerequisite of all MMO gaming. The first few weeks of any release will always be riddled with moments of downtime as they transition from Beta to Live. Does it suck? Yes. I have all day off today, and I can't play because the servers are down. It's just a fact of life, however, and regardless of whether we like it or not, this is bound to happen. Every goddamned time.

It's not like the devs like it either. This downtime has likely kept them in the office, working overnight for a full day's worth of time, trying to patch and test and repatch as they go about fixing bugs. So, while it's unpleasant for us, remember that it's equally as unpleasant for them. They want this to be done too, so they can go home and get some rest.
  • Valiant29
    Valiant29
    ✭✭
    Insert self-entitled gamer comment here.
  • Rammanjeff
    Rammanjeff
    ✭✭
    People suffered through this with earlier MMORPG's. I have played every single MMO since vanilla Everquest and have gotten so fed up with the unscheduled downtimes and the emergency patches, then the patches to fix the emergency patch. MMO's are seriously not learning from previous games errors. This is what finally made me quit WoW.
    I'll say it again. With the way they are treating their fan base at this point, It will be free-to-play in less than a year. Six months if their "official polished launch" goes the way their early release has thus far.
    It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. ~ Thomas Sowell
  • GrandMaster
    GrandMaster
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure why this is even a topic. First of all, nobody should ever accept that bugs and downtime is the standard for a game launch. We should expect a game to launch smoothly. The game has technically been beta tested and therefore identified many things. The key thing here is whether or not those things identified were taken care of. Either way, it safe to say we are a little disappointed.
    Good or Bad feedback is constructive feedback and highly needed for any successful game. If you call people whiners, complainers then you obviously DO NOT understand a game.
  • Valiant29
    Valiant29
    ✭✭
    Rammanjeff wrote: »
    People suffered through this with earlier MMORPG's. I have played every single MMO since vanilla Everquest and have gotten so fed up with the unscheduled downtimes and the emergency patches, then the patches to fix the emergency patch. MMO's are seriously not learning from previous games errors. This is what finally made me quit WoW.
    I'll say it again. With the way they are treating their fan base at this point, It will be free-to-play in less than a year. Six months if their "official polished launch" goes the way their early release has thus far.

With how they are treating their fanbase? By finding out there's a serious bug that messed with peoples accounts and in-game banks along with other bugs and trying to fix them right away? Yeah, boy do I feel mistreated, how dare they attempt to fix a game that they allowed me to play early as a perk.
  • tyvar.thorvaldsonb14_ESO
    I'm not sure why this is even a topic. First of all, nobody should ever accept that bugs and downtime is the standard for a game launch. We should expect a game to launch smoothly. The game has technically been beta tested and therefore identified many things. The key thing here is whether or not those things identified were taken care of. Either way, it safe to say we are a little disappointed.

This game has had fewer problems than others of the same genre. Honestly to expect an mmo to launch perfectly (never in the history of mmos has this happened) simply shows a lack of understanding about these things. I am not trying to be impertinent, but you have to realize this is simply the nature of the beast.
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    TheSzerdi wrote: »
    To all those claiming that we didn't pay for early access: ESO is available for purchase on direct2play.com for $43 and I knew this when I pre-ordered for $60 to get the early access. I paid $17 for early access. Your argument is invalid.

One company offering a discount on something compared to what the actual manufacturer suggest doesn't mean you're paying extra if you buy it from the manufacturer. You're argument is plain stupid.
  • Narrator
    Narrator
    ✭✭✭
    To all those claiming that we didn't pay for early access: ESO is available for purchase on direct2play.com for $43 and I knew this when I pre-ordered for $60 to get the early access. I paid $17 for early access. Your argument is invalid.

@theszerdi Don't Rationalize your stupidity for not jumping on a better deal fully knowing that the $43 dollar version included Early Access too.. You overpaid for the same thing (excluding Imperial Edition) that everyone else got.. Great Job!!!
  • lioslinn
    lioslinn
    ✭✭✭
    ... I paid 43$ too just by googling ESO discount. Anyway with every mmo launch I somehow forget how bad the whining gets... must be selective memory ha. within 15 minutes you'll all be in game and have forgotten about it
    reality.sys corrupted-reboot universe [y/n] _
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭

This is actually smooth for an MMO launch. Compare it to any other recent launch. You can't possibly get every flaw out of a game before release, if you did, your game would be in Beta for ages, meaning the prices would raise on the game because development and sustaining costs would be much much higher.

I have no major complaints about this really, and I'm sorry, when you do a launch for any software, especially multiplayer games, you SHOULD expect issues. Not doing so is simply wishful thinking.
  • Decimus_Rex
    Decimus_Rex
    ✭✭✭

LOL..

Read the fine print

They owe you nothing as of now.

Zeni has a team of lawyers that worded your purchase agreement carefully and this game is not the first to experience problems at launch.

I see you types every launch.

Sit back and enjoy the show

• Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭

LOL..

Read the fine print

They owe you nothing as of now.

Zeni has a team of lawyers that worded your purchase agreement carefully and this game is not the first to experience problems at launch.

I see you types every launch.

Sit back and enjoy the show

Love it when someone words it the only way some people will understand it. Consumers think that if a product doesn't work exactly as they THOUGHT it was going to that they're instantly entitled to compensation or reimbursement, but the simple fact is, especially when it comes to services and software, the agreements you most often ignore and simply accept, limit your ability to do almost anything to get any type of relief when you "feel" slighted.

People really ought to start reading the agreements they sign. Buyer beware. And besides, Zenimax isn't even in the wrong. Everyone here knew they were playing pre-release software and that there was going to be issues. Pretending it was all going to be pretty and 100% uptime was just a fantasy.
  • evilempire9027
    how long has it been now? looks like the eta has come and gone now.
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭

Think they just recently posted they were about to bring them back up momentarily.

• evilempire9027

Think they just recently posted they were about to bring them back up momentarily.
    lol looks like we still have no mail and no guild tools now as well.
  • Drezor
    Drezor
    Soul Shriven
    stop complaining so much about not being able to play now..let them fix the problem so we can have a smooth gameplay geez..i should be the one complaining since I got the imperial edition but im not because I know I didn't like having quest that was not complete..so STFU and wait til they say you can play
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People complaining must never have played any mmo ever.
  • Drezor
    Drezor
    Soul Shriven
    exactly