Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 9.3.4 is available.

New Mythic: what am I not seeing?

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
What am I not seeing with the new mythic Torc of the Ayleid King? If all bonus from all other sets are being disabled, you loose up to 11 set bonuses, including things like Critical Change and Weapon & Spell Damage. How can the bonuses of this mythic compete with all that? Or is it only the last bonus of other sets that is being disabled (then this mythic could be worth it).
  • Kavar162
    Kavar162
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm not sure what the intent of this mythic is. Cause a new player wont want it, cant use it and a vet player...will prefer the sets they grinded for. Strangely enough, the old version was better. At least with that one we could have equipped some 1pc items like monster sets, trainee, druid and even Prophets....but they took that away for an extra 5% across the buffs. So odd...
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kavar162 wrote: »
    Cause a new player wont want it, cant use it...
    This. If they gave it as a logon reward for creating a new character, that might make sense. It could be good for people just starting the game, who know nothing about buildcrafting, who have no skills lines / no resources / nothing farmed. Not that they would need it for overland. Basically ... what is this???
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it is a good starting floor if you don't have good (or even full) sets and want to get into higher level content. If you are a brand new player that just hit cp 160 and want to get into dungeons/pvp this is a great alternative to leveling crafting to get basic crafted sets (which you are probably low level in crafting lines and may just now have learned about researching) or farming overland maps for gear (which, depending on what maps you completed while leveling, might be harder than it would be otherwise). The 20% damage increase is not insubstantial, 20% healing nice for a brand new healer and 20% damage reduction nice for all roles because it makes mechanics more forgiving.

I think this set is perfect for who it is intended for.
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could have some potential if the numbers were higher.

As is, it makes the entire gear system look like a small effect that isn't worth bothering with.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    my thoughts for a pve perspective:

as a dps:
    • missing crit/dmg/recovery bonuses

as a healer:
    • missing crit/dmg/recovery bonuses
    • missing ability to apply buffs to allies (SPC, powerful assault, symphony, pillager, etc)

as a tank:
    • missing recovery bonuses
    • missing ability to ability to apply debuffs to enemies (crimson oath, tremorscale, etc)
    • missing ability to apply buffs to allies (pearlescent ward, powerful assault, etc)

for a pvp perspective: it might be OK in no proc cyrodiil, but you would still be missing out on some of the other buffs (crit/dmg/recovery)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Tiphis wrote: »
    Well, it is a good starting floor if you don't have good (or even full) sets and want to get into higher level content. If you are a brand new player that just hit cp 160 and want to get into dungeons/pvp this is a great alternative to leveling crafting to get basic crafted sets (which you are probably low level in crafting lines and may just now have learned about researching) or farming overland maps for gear (which, depending on what maps you completed while leveling, might be harder than it would be otherwise). The 20% damage increase is not insubstantial, 20% healing nice for a brand new healer and 20% damage reduction nice for all roles because it makes mechanics more forgiving.

I think this set is perfect for who it is intended for.
    Nope. What you're forgetting is that this new player will need the latest expansion, Greymoor for the Antiquity skill line, that they will need substantial time for levelling that - preferably in Artaeum to begin with, so they'll need Summerset - and that leads and dig sites will be spread over (the latest) zones and DLCs, as usual. I quite often meet "new" players. If I could talk to them before they buy the game, I would tell them to buy the cumulative chapter release, but that's not what they normally do. They either only have base game, or they are players who bought the game years ago and only have some of the early chapters and none of the DLCs. They don't want to spend right off the bat, or they can't.

Fair but it still is largely better than most sets for in terms of ease of play. The 20% damage reduction is better than any 1 set for damage reduction. The 20% increased damage is okay. The 20% increased healing is okay.

If you stack weapon damage/spell damage sets then you'd have better than the healing and damage but with no damage reduction. If you stack damage proc sets then you'd do more damage but much less healing and damage reduction.

Yes this set is subpar in any niche role but overall I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a way for us to make overland content harder for ourselves, ha.. ha.. ha..

It doesn't even do that. If that were the case, it should give you a debuff as well, not a buff
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • JonnAndCo
    JonnAndCo
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance this is a decent PvP mythic? (20% dmg reduction for starters).

• RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this addition could fix it:

1. Increases damage dealt by 20%, reduce damage taken by 20%, healing increased by 20%, removes all item bonuses from armor but increases the effectives of all enchantments placed upon them by XX%.

Something along those lines would be good. Make it add to armor weight/enchants/traits or something.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might be ok for soloing I guess if they add something else
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be a good item if it was given away as a quest reward (for example, after completing Coldharbour questline). At that point I could see how it could be useful for new players.

You know it is a decent idea. You can call it reclaimed soul or something like the broken soul rings. Good quest reward for new players until get out of the rough spots and/or learn the game.
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    The mythic is neat in theory, but should probably have a slightly lower % and allow 1-4 pieces to remain enabled.

You basically trade 2 5p effects for XXX dmg and some 2 set (monster maybe) you could use. Sounds a bit too good considering its defensive bonuses

edit: nvm, didn't see "lower %". Although I still think it'd be strong
    Edited by AlterBlika on January 30, 2024 9:06PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that set bonuses allow a lot of build choice and variety, I think this Mythic should boost the bonuses from traits, or Mundus Stones or something customizable, so that it can still offer some choice.

Overall, I just don't Get It quite yet lol. Not sure if any of the real use cases make it convenient for anyone or add a new element to combat. Because new players would still have to farm it--albeit only once, to be fair.

One unique element of it is that the damage and healing boost offer a big bonus to flat-value skills that don't scale with max stats, like Living Dark, Siphoning Strikes, Glacial Presence. But you'd need to be on a build that doesn't need weapon/spell damage, crit chance, or recovery.

Edit: Healing done and damage reduction aren't usually part of the item sets that tanks and healers seek out. Instead, they look for group support. If this Mythic had that, maybe it would be more viable for them.
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on January 30, 2024 11:07PM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think the only useable use case of this mythic is probably for no proc cyro lol

it would be great for someone who is just starting to get into it, without needing to theory craft anything outside of armor weight + trait + enchantment for all gear aside from the mythic

some of these mythics they should make easier to get such as this one as it has extremely niche use cases
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • sh4d0wh4z3
    sh4d0wh4z3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure where it would be useful. Oakensoul seems like it would be better if you wanted to be tankier and do more damage. It can't be an overland difficulty mythic either because you can just wear plain ruby ash and still sleep through quests, unless they expect you to wear iron gear while wearing this. New players won't go towards this when Oakensoul exists, and Oakensoul is already hard enough to get for a new player.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be off on this as I don't min-max that much:

My impression is that things that directly reduce damage all of the time are kind of rare. Thus, getting something that reduces damage by 20% is actually kind of special.

The +20% Healing and +20% Damage likely run behind what you can get elsewhere if you were trying to max them healing or damage but they do provide a nice boost (the tanky ww I was goofing off on could heal themselves for 30k hp) and the 20% can boost things that are not necessarily boosted by your Magicka/Stamina/Spell Power/Weapon Power stats.

Ex: Green Lotus and Critical Surge heals are boosted by running the mythic.

Additionally, as non-set items don't bind this could enable guilds to help their newer players get the mythic and then give them a set of armor that they can use till they find something better and then they pass it on to the next person.

It might also combine well with Undeath and or Deliberation.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might be good on a werewolf, but still better options than this
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't this the Mythic that got datamined last year and people asked why it wasnt include in Update 39.... well now you all know why they didnt want to include but you made them do it! :D
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • RoseTheSnowElf
    RoseTheSnowElf
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having a hard time imaging how this would be used in real play time. Since it disables all item set bonuses, including "other 1-piece bonuses", what are you supposed to pair this with?

Nothing?

If that's the case, then yeah this is NOT meant for new players or new toons being power leveled for specific content. Definitely NOT for organized grp PvE. Definitely NOT PvP.

The pts description does say a new mythic for "Adventurers". Maybe the dev's are being literal and this mythic is specifically designed for the player who just wants to role play as an adventurer, and wants nothing to do with content that relies heavily on item set bonuses.

Nothing wrong with that. Just trying to imagine what play style this mythic would fit into.
    PS5 NA EP GH

Wood Elf NB - 5 Star

Dark Elf Arcanist (healer) - AR 29
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    stimk