The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Was this game actually tested?

• Bluntski
    Bluntski
    ✭✭
    I have had one single quest bug on me and I am level 32.
  • Silverbird
    Silverbird
    ✭✭✭
    What concerns me more than 'a few' bugged quests are the probelms with battle groups joining Cyrodiil. If you want to try out, build a bg and let them join Cyrodiil. Everytime someone of your bg enters Cyrodiil, the game freezes for a moment for those that are already in and even cause some of our grp to dc. When those dc'ed tried to log back, game froze again for each of them and others got dc'ed....
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @WhiteQueen‌
    Yep. Mostly ironed out in Glenumbtr now, still got Ghosts of Westery that I can't finish.. so I just went to stormhaven. (Cleared glen 100% if that 1 quest was done.)
    @KiroElmarok‌ The candle quest right? One of the few that bugged for me even on the PTS. I had to abandon and redo it to complete it.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    @driosketch‌
    No that ones not bugged. All you have to do is kill undead and get candles then use it on the pillars.
    Ghosts of Westery was the one where you had to listen to two ghost talk in an empty house.
    (I'd like to say, I'm probably wrong about the quest name or its spelling.)
    Edited by KiroElmarok on April 3, 2014 5:43PM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Invisioblack
    Invisioblack
    ✭✭✭
    Nidums wrote: »
    I mean there isn't even an EU server so it's not even worth complaining about server lag yet.

That's odd ... i'm playing on an EU server.

It wants me to download the entire game again if I want to play on the US ones so it's a good job I don't.

EU megaserver is hosted in america, might want to read about.

For Now....

• Invisioblack
    Invisioblack
    ✭✭✭
    Yet I did them and progressed.

And many more were unable to. I completed the Anchors in AD but thousands were unable to because they continually glitched. That does not change the fact that it impacts a lot of people and was something that has been ongoing for half a year.

As everyone said in ZC Repeatedly - it was a SPAWN RATE ISSUE not a real bug.

Thank You.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played countless MMO launches and not once had problems where main quest lines just didn't work at at all, EVER.

You must not have played World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria's launch then.

A Gyrocoptor bug was part of the main story quest and it wouldn't let you complete it, so you couldn't even land. You needed to take the helicoptor around and shoot at the enemy factions troops and blow up their cannons before landing. It was bugged so bad there's a screen shot of like 10,000 gyrocoptors all in one place in a giant flood of broken, impassibility.

Just saying.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're always welcome to stop playing - it's likely we won't miss you.

I'm honestly baffled at how many people are experiencing quest 'bugs'. I've only encountered two, one of which was cleared with a single relog and the other is, sadly, as of yet unresolved.

Are you sure it's the game? ;)

I've encountered 3 bugged quests so far. The reset fixed two of them (Technically not really, i abandoned the quest and used my mage guild skill to progress, but the other way still wouldn't work)...Unsafe Haven is STILL broken...but I digress

Encouraging people to leave the game is a great way to kill this amazing game. I want a large and satisfied playerbase.

That said I am not content with all the whining, complaining and moaning people are doing. I would much rather people apply a bit of the virtue of patience and wait it out.

Things will be resolved. This game has not had 10 years of experience and developing for an MMO is NOT the same as developing for a single player game. As the crew adjusts and adapts over time things will run better.

• Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    I think people should leave the game, come back when it goes free to play and deal with it then
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean there isn't even an EU server so it's not even worth complaining about server lag yet.

That's odd ... i'm playing on an EU server.

It wants me to download the entire game again if I want to play on the US ones so it's a good job I don't.

EU megaserver is hosted in america, might want to read about.
    Still an EU server.

• AgentPiano
    AgentPiano
    Soul Shriven
    Shivalock wrote: »
    This happens in EVERY MMO launch I've ever played in (and often in games that are still going 10+ years later). For a prelaunch/launch, this has honestly gone better than any MMO I've seen.
    +

I agree

Main - Trajan Attero
  • Seneschel
    Seneschel
    ✭✭
    No they just got a bunch of code and mashed it altogether and the Elder Scrolls Online was born. Total accident. Also what's with the word "Beta" people have throwing around recently? I've heard the Elder Scrolls Online never had any beta. Is that good? I hope it doesn't catch the beta. That'd be awful.
  • Nidums
    Nidums
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    I've played countless MMO launches and not once had problems where main quest lines just didn't work at at all, EVER.

You must not have played World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria's launch then.

A Gyrocoptor bug was part of the main story quest and it wouldn't let you complete it, so you couldn't even land. You needed to take the helicoptor around and shoot at the enemy factions troops and blow up their cannons before landing. It was bugged so bad there's a screen shot of like 10,000 gyrocoptors all in one place in a giant flood of broken, impassibility.

Just saying.

I still play WoW and was pretty much realm first 90 rogue on my server, and top 10 EU guild :expressionless:

I just feel that having bugged quests like this that are not hot fixed is dumb. The amounts of times I see people re-logging to also try fix a quest, this shouldn't happen.

I also don't see the point even mentioning server problems as it's bad from the start since it's hosted in US.
  • Nidums
    Nidums
    On another note I really hope most of you actually see my title as a sarcastic insult, I don't want to see people wasting their time telling me it was.