Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are these hints of spell crafting incoming?

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
1 - In this current Chapter, there's an NPC (don't remember the name) that mentions Winterhold, like if we're going to visit it soon, same as last time Telvanni Penninsula was hinted by an NPC too.

2 - This emote they will gift during Global Reveal (in some way, looks like spell crafting).
varusgr81qi5.jpg

3 - At the end of the article, the text literally say we're "crafting"..., and they immediately use the word "spe"cial, very similar to "crafting spe"lls.
a4gx2gewzlss.jpg

Maybe I'm dreaming, but they look like hints to me. ;)

Edited by Dragonnord on January 9, 2024 4:14PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it might be or it might not be.
    we'll find out soon
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    3 - At the end of the article, the text literally say we're "crafting"..., and they immediately use the word "spe"cial, very similar to "crafting spe"lls.

They're also using "we're" which looks like "were-" as in "werecreature". Also, "watching" sounds almost like "watchling", and "liveSTREAM" has "stream" as in "water". What comes to mind when we think of water? Oceans - islands! Solstheim! It's clear, people: This year's chapter will be about were watchlings invading Solstheim.

:p

I think that's a bit far off. The "crafting" part alone is suspicious, though. They sneaked in hints just the say way during the previous chapter announcements.

Haha! I know I may have gone too far analizing that, but yes, the word "crafting" got me thinking, also if paired with the emote image above it.

Edited by Dragonnord on January 9, 2024 4:25PM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're also using "we're" which looks like "were-" as in "werecreature". Also, "watching" sounds almost like "watchling", and "liveSTREAM" has "stream" as in "water". What comes to mind when we think of water? Oceans - islands! Solstheim! It's clear, people: This year's chapter will be about were watchlings invading Solstheim.

:p

I think that's a bit far off. The "crafting" part alone is suspicious, though. They sneaked in hints just the say way during the previous chapter announcements.

Haha! I know I may have gone too far analizing that, but yes, the word "crafting" got me thinking, also if paired with the emote image above it.

Most of the stuff here is pretty good, but I have to agree with Syldras; I think "spe"cial = "spell" is stretching things a bit far. :D

But the emote is a good point. It does look vaguely spell crafty, doesn't it?
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's supposed to be a pyromancer emote.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's supposed to be a pyromancer emote.

Yes, a Pyromancer emote that shows your character crafting different iterations.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    Yes, a Pyromancer emote that shows your character crafting different iterations.

And failing, if we look closely at the name?

5dqec6l3tlrc.png
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »

And failing, if we look closely at the name?

5dqec6l3tlrc.png

Right, so you could make the connection that the user is attempting to craft a spell for the first time and struggling.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the emotes they gave in the past hint toward the chapter feature?
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Last year was “Ritual Casting.”

Which one could reach and say that the emote alluded to a magic-based class.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I'd be fine with spellcrafting. I just hope no one will be disappointed in case the only thing we'll get will be buyable recolors of existing spells in the crown store ;)

What was last year's free reveal stream emote, btw? I can remember people were also assuming spellcrafting because of that thing.

@Syldras | PC | EU
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

maybe Ritual Casting hinted toward Arcanist?
    usually the global reveal livestream gift is themed.
    - Barnacle-Back Coral Crab for high isle in 2022
    - Viridescent dragon frog for blackwoodin 2021, i guess it fits because there's frogs in blackwood but not sure about that one.
    - Long-Winged Bat pet for greymoor in 2020, vampire chapter.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it is spell crafting so I can finally equip my nightblade with polar wind, green dragon blood, corrosive armor; and maybe throw in some cephaliarch’s flail for extra spice with sanctum of the abyssal sea on the backbar.
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Customisation of existing spells would be a cool feature but I think as a 10th Anniversary feature it wouldn't go quite far enough. Step in the right direction though. We need more spells and weapon types to play with in the long run. It will certainly draw a lot of players both new and old if it is as extensive as crafting your own spells to suit your character/favoured gameplay style.
    Edited by aspergalas4 on January 9, 2024 5:11PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we will craft something to add in a new weapon slot... like they did with poisons. We can craft something that adds to our spells, or alters their function, etc.

EDIT: Perhaps even one that allows us to return altered skill animations to their previous state (eg. jabs!) Wishful thinking I know. ;)
    Edited by ADarklore on January 9, 2024 6:25PM
    CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****