Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Infinite Archive First Month

Panderbander
Panderbander
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently came across this from ZOS:

3bywd1qgswwc.jpg

Gothmau being the deadliest marauder is no surprise at all, but I do find it hilarious that two of the deadliest bosses are the ones that are actually bugged: Zhaj'assa and Laatvulon, one having a one shot mechanic that's counter disappears and the other being one that will completely disappear from view so you can't avoid their strafe one shot.

What are all of your thoughts on the first month's results?
Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's basically what I expected.

The total amount of hours played is nice to see tho. Glad, that so many people enjoy this new content.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be genuinely curious to see number of deaths total between all marauders.

Guarantee you Gothmau is more than the other 2 combined. SO overtuned lol.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D I like how the top 3 bosses were the bugged ones.

Guessing piercing is from people not knowing the mob resistances were changed on PTS.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guessing piercing is from people not knowing the mob resistances were changed on PTS.

Was the Serpent bugged at some point? They seem far from the most difficult or even chaotic boss fights, so I am surprised to see many deaths to them.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m surprised about laatvulon, he follows a very set pattern and you can watch him
    In the sky (at least on ps5 he doesnt disappear, you can watch him as he flies)
    Soupy twist
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be genuinely curious to see number of deaths total between all marauders.

Guarantee you Gothmau is more than the other 2 combined. SO overtuned lol.

Yes show us!
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I’m surprised about laatvulon, he follows a very set pattern and you can watch him
    In the sky (at least on ps5 he doesnt disappear, you can watch him as he flies)

On PC both I and a friend of mine had Laatvulon just vanish in the sky before one shotting us with an undodgeable strafe attack. Happened multiple times, but not all the time.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was the Serpent bugged at some point? They seem far from the most difficult or even chaotic boss fights, so I am surprised to see many deaths to them.

I think the bug was perma immunity? Never had it so I'm not sure.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we also shared this infographic on the forum this morning in the thread here, in case you wanted to see other discussion on this.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the bug was perma immunity? Never had it so I'm not sure.

Ahhhh, that would drive me to jump off the edge of the arena too! :persevere: I’ve not encountered that bug either — hopefully it’s been fixed and the Serpent will drop off the boss “leaderboard”!
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time I got the Serpent down to 5% of life, and then I could not damage them anymore. One of their adds was still alive. After a bit of trying, I let them kill me so I could try again. The second go there was no problem, but I’ve always wondered, if leaving that one add alive while I concentrated on the Serpent caused the immunity, and if things would have been different if I had killed all the adds first.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    One time I got the Serpent down to 5% of life, and then I could not damage them anymore. One of their adds was still alive. After a bit of trying, I let them kill me so I could try again. The second go there was no problem, but I’ve always wondered, if leaving that one add alive while I concentrated on the Serpent caused the immunity, and if things would have been different if I had killed all the adds first.

I’ve only fought him once, but I believe you are correct. It was similar to the trial but slightly different so I don’t remember exactly. I think I had to fail once before I got it too.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve only fought him once, but I believe you are correct. It was similar to the trial but slightly different so I don’t remember exactly. I think I had to fail once before I got it too.

I've fought him (this one always sounds feminine to me) multiple times, and just last night. No problems, get the pink bubble, kill the manticore, leave the lamia alive if possible. Not to bad the first few arcs.

The forgotten is bugged. I have more trouble with ratatat than the snake personally.

Edited by MidniteOwl1913 on January 6, 2024 3:24AM
    PS5/NA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've fought him (this one always sounds feminine to me) multiple times, and just last night. No problems, get the pink bubble, kill the manticore, leave the lamia alive if possible. Not to bad the first few arcs.

Lol. He sounds just like Dr. Nefarious in Ratchet and Clank to me!
    :D
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The forgotten is bugged. I have more trouble with ratatat than the snake personally.

Before they fixed it, I had discovered that the problem with the columns disappearing too soon seemed to be because they could be destroyed by player and companion attacks. After that I would dismiss my companion and only damage him away from the columns and they survived every time so I could get behind them. Some still spawned at the edge of the platform though.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zhaj was indeed bugged, but that bug has since been fixed.

Laatvulon has never been bugged. But he is poorly-designed. No, he does not disappear from view. You can pan your camera and watch his flight. But if you do lose track of him, his strafe patterns are not random. If you stand at your starting position as you enter the boss area, you will be safe from the first strafe. Afterwards, move 90 degrees to the left or right, and you'll be safe from the second strafe.

That said, the strafe attack needs to be telegraphed. That attack 1-shot me even on Arc 1, so it needs a red line, and telling people to memorize the strafe pattern isn't the way to go. There are also AoEs that spawn during flight phase that do a ton of damage that lack red telegraphs.

The lack of proper telegraphing is a design problem, though, not a bug.

Finally, the Serpent is not bugged either. I just suspect that people are not familiar with his mechanics, particularly since it's common these days to just burn him in the trial and not see them. People probably don't know that the lamias explode when they die or that you need to get a pink bubble when they spawn.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Zhaj was indeed bugged, but that bug has since been fixed.

I had Zhaj tonight. The pillars spawned and we hid behind them and were still one-shotted. They didn't work, at all. They were not to close to the edge. They just didn't block anything.

PS5/NA