Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

10 hours maintenance, again

TheGrace
TheGrace
✭✭
Is this even possible, 10 hours maintenance only 1 week after this 14h extanded thing last week.
Why this game is the only one to take so long to apply a patch, and is not able to do this the night for eu server?
This start to be really boring
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 7, 2023 3:37PM
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess the maintenance started early because the game is kicking me every time I try to log in. PC/NA
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Guess the maintenance started early because the game is kicking me every time I try to log in. PC/NA

I had to use a VPN to connect to PC/NA. PC/EU works fine.
    Edited by KlauthWarthog on December 5, 2023 10:18AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged in just fine from EU to NA...
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The previous extended downtime was for hardware updates, not for software updates.

This week's extended downtime is for software updates, or whatever exactly it is they're doing for the Cyrodiil test.

There's a Cyrodiil test?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    The previous extended downtime was for hardware updates, not for software updates.

This week's extended downtime is for software updates, or whatever exactly it is they're doing for the Cyrodiil test.

There's a Cyrodiil test?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/648108/cyrodiil-population-cap-testing#latest
    Soupy twist
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    one time only "patch maintenance - all servers", another "regular maintenance - all servers" midle of december and next one probably will be somewhere as midle of january...

"3.6, not great, not terrible"
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping whatever they install or tweak corrects the issues some have been noticing here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647965/something-is-seriously-wrong-with-combat-performance-this-patch
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Would they be doing those tests on console? The banner says just NA servers but my impression of past tests were that they were limited to PC.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all about me, they should call me directly and ask me when I will not be playing. Then schedule this maintenance at Non-Veinblood times.

Yeah!
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would they be doing those tests on console? The banner says just NA servers but my impression of past tests were that they were limited to PC.

So couldn't they have put off the Cryodill test for a week so it's not 2 weeks of extra long maintenance back to back. Will we have to have another round of just regular maintenance next week? Is 10 hours a week the new normal?

PS5/NA
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Cyrodiil test starts on PC EU and says NA and consoles later in the week
    Soupy twist
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious as to why a patch that has gone through QA, takes 10 hours to apply.
  • Scarefish
    Scarefish
    ✭✭
    People are on and on about what time would be appropriate. Less time is the only time that would be appropriate. Fortnite is usually ready to go in 15 minutes, and that game is huge. You could do the patching at any time of day if it's only going to take 15 minutes.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    TheGrace wrote: »
    I would love to have an explanation of why they do it during daytime for eu, i mean, im paying eso+ but its gonna be already 2 days that i can’t play for me with the last week maintenance, i dont get why they are not able to run it during nightime

"daytime for eu"

EU: 7am to 5pm (Paris)
    US East Coast: 1am to 11am

Patch time: 3am to 1pm

So basically, you are asking staff to come in at 1am to monitor the patch.

The server not been available 8:00 to 18:00 UTC means that all those countries in RED cannot play the game on their prime time. Those in Green cannot play the game at all for the day. So they lost 1 day of ESO+ and since that is compounded with every weekly maintenance they closing to lose 10% of their monthly ESO+ AT LEAST.

fmo9kj9scz0w.png

As for having to get up at 1am to do the patch, they are up at 3am to do the patch either way. Except if they are at PST timezone which is just midnight.

It all bogs down to which amount of customers will make less disgruntled. If that is PST time zoners or half the planet as you see from the image above.

FYI I dont say not to do maintenance to the game or what time they do it, I just point that arguing against fellow players because you do not understand that might be in timezone they cannot play at all is the issue.

On a week day prime time is not 8am to 6pm UK/9-7 CET, as a significant portion of people are at work (not all obviously). Maybe people would lose an hour of their prime time or so, but they haven't lost all of their time.
    Soupy twist
This discussion has been closed.