Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What’s your favourite trial?

OutLaw_Nynx
OutLaw_Nynx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Title. I like Aetherian Archive. Aesthetically I think it’s the best looking trial. Rockgrove and Halls of Fabrication won’t fit as I only have the option for 10 options lol
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 10, 2023 4:11AM

What’s your favourite trial? 57 votes

Aetherian Archive
7%
DojohodaOutLaw_NynxSilverStreekEmilyElizabethESO 4 votes
Hel Ra Citadel
7%
CadburyLuckylancerEl_BorrachoArchonLucien 4 votes
Sanctum Ophidia
7%
KlauthWarthogJaimehheribertusRkindaleft 4 votes
Maw of Lorkhaj
26%
SuddwrathGlassHalfFullkojoubongtokin420insd16WolfkekspraxismeekmikoaaisoahoGiuliettacolossalvoidsHapexamendiosPrincessOfThievesboi_anachronism_YffresTrillBraffin 15 votes
Cloudrest
19%
AvalonRangerpeacenoteDragonnordpelle412spartaxoxoHappyTheCamperUntilValhalla13IlythiaMesiteSoarorathegreeneso 11 votes
Kyne’s Aegis
3%
CooperharleyVynera 2 votes
Asylum Sanctorium
3%
PeacefulAnarchyFantasticFreddie 2 votes
Sunspire
15%
Tannus15Vonnegut2506N3CR01GrianasteriAraneae6537LydawobblesMissHeartseekerxwilykcatLunaFlora 9 votes
Sanity’s Edge
5%
BluxxZhuJiuyinArcand_Plebimius 3 votes
Dreadsail Reef
5%
Psychopotefizl101M0ntie 3 votes
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sunspire
    dragons are awesome :3

also like dreadsail reef because i love maormer
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    MoL - I love the skin from there and the fact that you can turn this trial into a pvp arena with the second bosses 😉 had lots of fun hours there with my guild ^^
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i kind of like all of them, except cloudrest lol

cloudrest is my least favorite lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloudrest
    I like several but nothing hits the same as vCR+3 KH.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aetherian Archive
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    MoL - I love the skin from there and the fact that you can turn this trial into a pvp arena with the second bosses 😉 had lots of fun hours there with my guild ^^

Haha. True about the pvp 😭
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asylum sancturium.

Robot battles ftw.
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You left out halls of fabrication, that would be my pick
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is HoF not on the list?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title. I like Aetherian Archive. Aesthetically I think it’s the best looking trial. Rockgrove and Halls of Fabrication won’t fit as I only have the option for 10 options lol

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum Ophidia
    SO for nostalgia reasons: it was the first trial I progressed through back in the day, and I remember one day the HM was accidentally activated, and it ended up being a 7 hour run (which became progressively unhinged and hilarious, due to people getting intoxicated out of despair :sweat_smile:). After that run, every mechanic was called out as a 'world shaper', as a tribute to the Serpent fight :smiley: In terms of aesthetics, I really like Aetherian Archive, I wish we had that instance as a player house. In terms of mechanics, I like HOF, Rockgrove and Cloudrest, and on the whole I also like MoL and Sunspire. I'm not too familiar with the last two trials, I think Dreadsail has interesting mechanics, and I also like the aesthetics of SE. Not too fond of some of the fights in vKA, I think they are a bit boring, same with Asylum, though I do like the CWC visuals there. I think the original Craglorn trials were the most fun, and I liked their associated quests and overarching story as well.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Maw of Lorkaj

I really like to theme of the trial. It looks and sounds great. Battles are fun too. HoF and SE would be next.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudrest
    I like Cloudrest because it doesn't have as many adds to deal with but is more fun than AS.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about trials.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    AS and HoF are on the same enjoyment level to me but the drum beat can't be forgotten ever.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aetherian Archive
    code65536 wrote: »
    Why is HoF not on the list?

Because I can’t list all the trials @code65536
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Lol, no one likes Kyne's Aegis.

Maw of Lorhkaj has the best mechanics, so that is my choice.
    Playing since beta...
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanctum Ophidia
    My vote might be slightly biased.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hel Ra Citadel
    LOOK UPON THE BLADE AND TREMBLE

Hel Ra, when not bugged, is still pretty fun to run. But no love for Rockgrove or Halls of Fabrication? Ouch
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭
    Sunspire
    Coz Dwagons.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Honestly rockgrove is probably my favorite
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloudrest
    Cloudrest is a really well made trial. The first that truly made team building a necessity and learning how to move like a school of fish. It's short and not many adds allowing you to reset it and run again with little time expended. I don't do it much anymore as sticker book is complete and no more achievements. I don't dislike sequential trials, it's just that this one was a nice change to the traditional style.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudrest
    Cloudrest=Trial version FG1

Well...1 hour30min is the maximum time which I can spend for the daily.
    I taste several group Trial by the group finger, but I couldn't finish it within 1h30min.

We're not kids who have plenty of time anymore. :(
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • YffresTrill
    YffresTrill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    The Maw is gorgeous, the drums are intoxicating, and I loved the presentation of the story (NPC singing is usually heavily cringe-inducing for me, but Adara'hai's was quite hauntingly beautiful.) I actually remember getting chills in there back in the day. Perhaps I have since grown far too jaded, but none of the more recent trials have elicited a similar effect.

On the flip side, my least favourite is Cloudrest. Boring, ugly design, repetitive boss design, too short for a quest that feels epic in any way, and the lack of trash makes it feel like a trivial instance. It just feels pointless to me.
    @ Yffre'sTrill - PC/EU (No Steam)
    -
    Naering (Bosmer WW Archer - Valenwood separatist, Hircine-agnostic, honoured affiliate of the Gang of Scroungers.)
    Alts: Kunali, Free-as-Wind, Gurzog gro-Kosh, Seldril, Hatiba, Kareemal, Gilfirion, Elorwe, Ludvikke, Tsetha-Vos, Loulou Villeau, and Nilvani.
  • thegreeneso
    thegreeneso
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudrest
    I don't like fighting trash mobs so I'm a fan of Cloudrest. B)B)B)