The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampire Guide, everything you need to know! (ZOS please read the cured section)

• jscottallenub17_ESO
    jscottallenub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Guide is nice, but I think one thing needs to be added. For those who are vampires or werewolves, where is this shrine at which they turn others? I may have missed it in your guide, but I don't think I did. Thanks for the hard work!
  • Ehurbaen
    Ehurbaen
    Soul Shriven
    I have returned bearing information on my questions from previous posts. I decided to do my own dirty work seeing as I was already high level enough to do so. I had not seen any actual proof or information on the following so here are the steps and information as best I remember them.

I contracted "Vampirism" and became a Vampire, then got to rank 6 (leveling is based on plain XP) and bit someone - giving me the "Fed on Ally" debuff that lasts for 7 days. I then cured myself of Vampirism after achieving rank 10 in the tree.

I then contracted "Sanies Lupinus", and became a Werewolf, then got to rank 6 (just in a few hours, each "kill" counts as 5 points towards credit and the total "kills" you need goes up per level, 0/25, 0/50, etc. (you can probably figure out how I leveled it quickly) In order to bite someone as a Werewolf, you have to turn into one at the shrine with the Bloodmoon passive. Even with the "Fed on Ally" debuff, I was able to feed seen here.

Upon curing either diseases, I was not refunded skill points - this would mean that if you were to become a Vampire or Werewolf again, and you were Rank 10 in the vampire tree and Rank 3 in the Werewolf tree (examples) you would retain those if you chose to become either again.

My whole plan was to test this out and then refund my skill points via a rededication shrine because I wanted to respec anyway. I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and figure out if it was possible to have both bite cd's going and they are indeed separate. (seen here)

I was unable to confirm that your skill trees are retained, but I think we can conclude that from the other evidence. I also checked and made sure my skill points were reset from the "old" Vampire line I had put 5 points into while leveling it up before curing. Also the one single point I put into Blood Moon was refunded as well.

I realize this may be a long post or not all about vampires but I thought I would put it here to follow up from my other comments. Hopefully I brought some insight or useful information to someone, if it was unclear I apologize. I also apologize if this came off as a "guide" or "taking over" the Vampire guide here.
    Edited by Ehurbaen on April 11, 2014 3:24AM
  • OnlineAdel
    I just wish that it was possible to look normal maybe by turning off the looks or make stage 1 look like a living being xD just like the clan in Cyrodill
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere else that the points stay in that tree and if you become one again the xp just pickups where it left off. Also you don't need to have the vamp skills slotted as it advances based on general xp gained.
  • Staal
    Staal
    ✭✭
    Great post, was actually really curious if you could get infected again, IF you got cured, so that answered that for me :smiley:

Also added a small video of myself biting a friend :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVRZfoZ3glM
    Edited by Staal on April 11, 2014 5:40AM
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jscottallenub17_ESO‌
    The shrine you turn players at is the vampire shrine from the quest that you pray at. For werewolves it is the shrine you go to in their quest, so if you did the quest you should know where the place is. Not sure if I should mark it or not since it is just the place from the quest.

@Shalinoth‌
    Doesn't come off as trying to take over at all, it's really useful information. Kinda figured they would not share a cooldown but it's always good to know for sure.

@OnlineAdel
    Sorry, stage one is about as normal as you are going to look. :/

@7788b14_ESO‌
    Yeah, if you stop being a vampire at rank 5 but come back to it later it will be rank

@Staal‌
    Cool video, kinda funny that it is still the feeding for biting. And yeah, you can get infected again.
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • Kekrika
    Kekrika
    ✭✭
    Good post, with fairly helpful info. About the cure thing, needing a quest, I agree there should be a simple quest to solve it, 600 gold sounds like alot for a cure. However, your proposed method of going to such lengths in an MMO sounds a bit too much for your average player. I do not want to go into a dungeon public or not to get a book or item, a regular cave perhaps.And rehashing something from Oblivion would seem like the same thing most of us already did. I do agree there needs to be some kind of quest probably (well, or I'd probably just pay the money), but if you do have a quest for a cure it needs to be something reasonable not something overly thought out.

Granted the cures in the single players RPGs were insanely tough, almost near impossible without reading the Vivec library book in the first game and the cure taking to long to find really. It was somewhat less annoying in Oblivion, but it still took quite a few steps to cure. While it was a good challenge in the older games, we do have to keep the frame of this is an MMO, so keeping a handle on how much time to invest in things is important. The casual player only has so much time to devote to a game, so it shouldn't be a 5 tier step process, but yes keeping some lore/story for a cure would be nice as well. Yes, perhaps it doesn't make much sense that a priest of Arkay would heal this disease, though who else would do it, except for the mages guild? However, they could just add a small text about how one of the priests aquired an item (holy book or something, perhaps even an amulet) that allowed him to basically re-bless the afflicted person (if we're talking about an Arkay priest, if it's someone from the mages guild, perhaps it could be akin to altering the person back to who they really are, which would actually make some sense).

Could you imagine how strange this game would get if we were allowed to become zombies LOL, or necromancers, it probably would not be something I would choose, but it sure would be funny to see which races people would choose and probably some funny gaming moments even for an MMO.
  • OnlineAdel
    Medwin wrote: »
    @OnlineAdel
    Sorry, stage one is about as normal as you are going to look. :/

I know was just saying maybe they should change that... You spend time costumizing you char and then the Vampire thing takes it all away can bearly look at my character now o.O

Oh well sometimes it's fun to but really a turn off button would be nice atleast.
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OnlineAdel‌
    Take pride in your new undeath friend. :)

But honestly I understand, my character was a lot darker skinned before I got infected and it changed her look a lot. Stage four makes her look incredibly evil and odd... however, kinda have to take the bad with the good. RP wise I'm just going to hope she passes off as a pale person with red eyes.

@Kekrika‌
    Honestly the public dungeons take me less than five minutes to get through, in my suggested quest you would only need to run through them one time. After that it is just about jumping from wayshrine to wayshrine picking up quest items. they could easily complete the quest in 15-20 minutes since the locations will be marked on the map. Heck if they want they can put the book off in a side part of the public dungeon (torch dungeon) this way it is near the start. All and all the quest I suggest is not lengthy and it take the most reasonable quest from the TES games for a cure.

Also, Arkay can not cure the disease, it's been stated in lore for awhile now. If he could cure it then Molag Bal would have had to have done something else to spite him. Vampires are like a middle finger to Arkay, a holy relic also does not make sense for this reason, now a Daedric relic could work since it is more often that they are involved in the cure. As for 600 gold seeming high, if you are around level 39-42 and actually belong in the zone it's pocket change.

The potion quest is the most reasonable for this game, more so since the potion can be sold to people who don't want to waste 20 minutes getting the cure... but honestly if you don't want to do a cure quest don't seek out an incredibly rare disease like Vampirism. But here are the other quests for the cure in other games.

Daggerfall Quest- Simple, follow the trail of vampires till you get to the blood father and kill him. Obviously in this game that would mean killing Mother Lamae so that is out of the question since having to repeat that quest each time you get infected would be silly.

Morrowind- Pretty much you do stuff for Molag Bal and he cures you. This would make little sense since we are at war with the guy.

Oblivion- The potion quest, you talk to a watch and collect ingredients. Kinda feel this is the best bet from what is in the game lore wise. I feel like my suggestion makes the quest more simple and easy to do and with the confines of ESO.

Skyrim- Use a black soul shard to be cured, while I don't think this should be used as the cure quest a ritual of sorts could be used in place of what is there. Perhaps a cult that worships a lesser Daedra have found a way to cure people and you have to find this secluded cult.

Either way it makes no sense for Arkay to be able to cure Vampirism. Lamae was specifically the one turned to spite Arkay and make him feel powerless, and she was the one to turn you completely. So it makes no sense that you can be cured but nothing could be done for her. They really need another way aside from a priest of Arkay and I point out all my reasons with in game quotes, not just guess work. Either change the in game quotes or change the cure, I hope that they will change the cure and give a hard disease like vampirism the cure quest it deserves.
    Edited by Medwin on April 11, 2014 5:39PM
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • Zooce
    Zooce
    ✭✭✭
    Are the skills worth it?
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Zooce‌
    The first skill pretty much lets you turns any battle. If you are facing like three people and are down to half health you can use it on one person an get almost all your hp back. Plus the will be stunned while you do it, in pvp it also is good when taking keeps, use it on a healer and have folks focus them. The mist is a great damage mitigation if you need to run away at low health or an AoE is heading towards you, plus it turns into an AoE poison or makes you move faster so the morph is a pretty hard choice. The Ult is an AoE that can morph into an invis or life steal, so great for tanking or DPS.

Not to mention you get more Magicka and Stamina regen along with being harder to kill. I like the skills and they work well with my character but while strong other classes and skill lines also have good skills so the choice is yours.

The negatives, more fire damage, this is avoided by using lots of Fire Resist instead of other upgrades. Fighters guild skills can wreck you, this is hard to avoid but you have some skills that can wreck them too and not everyone will have a bar of fighters guild skills. Lower health regen is offset by healing or the first vampire skill. Honestly, you have to build to lessen the downfalls and up the benefits.
  • Nyti
    Nyti
    Soul Shriven
    Because people were saying things like, "you have to be 20+" "only NBs can do it at lower levels" and some rather odd reasons why they're not infecting their friends based on their friends level. So I decided to do it as a level 5 sorc to show that's possible at any level and class. If you're wondering how I got infected... I blocked.

I apologize if the speed of the video bothers anyone:
  • Botak
    Botak
    ✭✭
    Passive Five: Unnatural Resistance you need to be rank 8
    Health Recovery is improved in Vampirism staged 2 through 4.

how many % health recovery with this passive invested?
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Botak‌
    Sorry, didn't get to that rank yet but once I do the guide will be updated. :)
  •  Azymuth
    Don't count on those passives working properly anyway. Just like dark stalker and apparently many other (if not all) passives can stop working on death or loading screens.
  • Ben_Cynicb16_ESO
    Your suggestions have some merit, but the suggestion that people be able to farm making the potion you suggest in order to sell it to other players really hurts your credibility for me. It goes back to everything that is already wrong with vamp and WW in game and the false economy it is perpetuating.
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ben_Cynicb16_ESO‌
    The idea to be able to sell stems from people wanting things now, when I first wrote that up my idea was that folks could easily do a quest that takes 15-25 min to be cured. Would be very simple and straight forwards, but if a person does not want to do the simple quest they could just buy the cure.

However now that you bring it up the problem I can see would be that folks will farm the boss like they do the spawns to get infected. But unlike the spawns to get infected you just have to hit the world boss once to get the item so it should not be anywhere close to the problem with trying to get infected where you need to be hit. Not to mention the fact that the infection spawns are more random where as the boss will keep spawning at one location.

Anyway, I suggest it being able to be sold to try to defer any one who says they don't want to go through a quest. The quest I did suggest would be pretty easy and in line with other quests in the game. It should not take long thus if you don't want to buy the potion you don't have to. Hope this helps explain why I added that it could be sold.

@‌Azymuth
    Yeah, good point. I really hope they fix the bugs with this skill line.
  • rofflemywafflez
    rofflemywafflez
    Soul Shriven
    Forgive me if this question has already been asked, but I've yet to find an answer anywhere.

I'm a lvl 25 Khajit Nightblade Vampire (I got bit not too long ago), and I'm still level 1 in my vampire abilities.

My question is: When you feed on an enemy, does it debuff them or have any effect? After you're done feeding, the enemy turns a dark black, and it looks like you just completely messed them up, but you do no damage :/ Kinda stinky for such a scary move.

Is there any benefit to feeding until you get the savage feeding passive?

Thanks for the help!
  •  Azymuth
    No, feeding does nothing to the enemy (unless you get the passive) except holding him there while it happens. The dark black thing is to show the enemy has been fed on OR drained (Essence drain) and you cannot use Essence Drain on it anymore (lasts about 30 sec I think) until that wears of (reseting the mob doesn't reset this either).
    Edited by Azymuth on April 19, 2014 5:15PM
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @rofflemywafflez‌
    Really good question, I added it to my guide under feeding. It is a free to cast spell the stuns them in place while you siphon blood from them (you are also stunned in place). It does no damage however you are healed while you use it. When you are done feeding if you have Savage Feeding they will be stunned and you can knock them down with a heavy attack dealing extra damage. The victim will turn black and a three minute timer will start where you will not be able to use Drain Essence or Feeding on them again.
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    You should get vampirism just from reading this post.
  • PrissAssigirib16_ESO
    I will be posting a vid here soon showing how to get this done at level 14 as a NB. I dont think its even remotely possible as any other class at such a low level.
    I did a vid doing it at lvl 12 with sorcerer. Then someone used my method and posted a video doing it at lvl 8.
  • captain_awesome
    captain_awesome
    ✭✭✭
    Giznat wrote: »
    What exactly did you do to do this as a level 15 Nightblade? I tried greatsword and got rocked harder than when I was using my sword and board. Any suggestions?
    Nyti wrote: »
    Just to add to your guide, with the people saying what levels it's possible to do the quest at. You can definitely do it at 15 solo, images for proof:
    Sorry had to edit out chat 6Dj9UM2.jpg
    Character sheet showing the 1st stage and the soon to be victim beside, coincidentally with the name Hellsing... KdQJaVG.jpg And yes, I did kill them using that great sword.

You can do it at level 3. Videos are on youtube.
    Dominion FTW.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Giznat wrote: »
    What exactly did you do to do this as a level 15 Nightblade? I tried greatsword and got rocked harder than when I was using my sword and board. Any suggestions?
    Just to add to your guide, with the people saying what levels it's possible to do the quest at. You can definitely do it at 15 solo, images for proof:
    Sorry had to edit out chat 6Dj9UM2.jpg
    Character sheet showing the 1st stage and the soon to be victim beside, coincidentally with the name Hellsing... KdQJaVG.jpg And yes, I did kill them using that great sword.

You can do it at level 3. Videos are on youtube.

Have no idea how people are doing that...You have to kill 10 mobs at level 42 and 41...I was level 33 at the time and the 42 ones were still resisting my spells half the time.
  • dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    How often do I have to feed before I lose my Vampirism? I've been told to just leave it at stage 4 as you just get used to it rather than feeding all the time but I don't want it to disappear completely if I don't feed for a couple of weeks.

Great guide btw. Thanks for your effort.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    dbishop wrote: »
    How often do I have to feed before I lose my Vampirism?
    You never lose it. Even if you never feed again. You just stay at stage 4 forever.

You will have to deliberately cure it to get rid of it. Simply not feeding won't work.
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    Where do i get the cure for vampirism in EP?
  • Appalachian
    Because people were saying things like, "you have to be 20+" "only NBs can do it at lower levels" and some rather odd reasons why they're not infecting their friends based on their friends level. So I decided to do it as a level 5 sorc to show that's possible at any level and class. If you're wondering how I got infected... I blocked.

I apologize if the speed of the video bothers anyone:

So ... low level sorc ... just need a bow? :expressionless:
    Furyion - Altmer Sorcerer (Storm Caller/Destro/Resto & Vampo ;)

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did the quest at level 23, but the mobs were bugged, my attacks and spells did not work (submitted a bug report, didn't hear anything back).

I will have to get bit again, but when I fed, I did not ever notice being healed. The first passive leaves the poor suckee stunned after you feed. Everyone is stunned when you feed (including yourself) so it is supposed to stun the enemy after you finish, kind of the victim being in shock sort of thing, but you cannot drain him in combat.

And not getting your skill points back when you are cured sucks. I wish ZOS made that widely known, as I was applying common sense, now I have 15 skill points tied up in Vampire (got werewolf to level 10 in three days) so I will have to respec wolf, get cured, then get bit, then respec vamp, and get cured to get all my skill points back.

Woot!
  • theHollow
    theHollow
    Great guide, and informative comments. Found this quest very hard at Lvl 12. Lvl 15 NB, not too bad, took about 1.5 hours or so. I primarily used Funnel Health from the siphon line, with an occasional shadow cloak when they were on me. Lots of kiting. The misses on abilities was quite frustrating, but understandable with such a difference in level. Found the reset issue to be frustrating as well, seemed it happened more with the mob at the top of the stairs than the lower one. I would occasionally pop shadow cloak for stealth, them come out with Veiled Strike to stun for 4seconds. I could then get far enough. If they hit you, they cause bleed, and a snare, so they can usually catch up and finish you off, unless you can jump off the stair in time. However, jumping occasionally caused damage, so if you are low in health death results. Thanks again for the great guide.
    aka kiltedpiper