The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire Guide, everything you need to know! (ZOS please read the cured section)

• Giznat
    Giznat
    Soul Shriven
    What exactly did you do to do this as a level 15 Nightblade? I tried greatsword and got rocked harder than when I was using my sword and board. Any suggestions?
    Nyti wrote: »
    Just to add to your guide, with the people saying what levels it's possible to do the quest at. You can definitely do it at 15 solo, images for proof:
    Sorry had to edit out chat 6Dj9UM2.jpg
    Character sheet showing the 1st stage and the soon to be victim beside, coincidentally with the name Hellsing... KdQJaVG.jpg And yes, I did kill them using that great sword.

• Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Giznat‌
    Well I can't speak for @Nyti‌ (hopefully they will chime in) but I did it at level 20. What I did was use a resto staff and dot them up with Prolonged Suffering (agony morph), Consuming trap (soul trap morph), and Crippling Grasp (cripple morph). Crippling grasp was used to snare them and even hold them in place, after that it was all a matter of rolling around and not letting them hit me. You could probably use any ranged weapon with this method.

Without seeing Nyti's skill I can't say how they did it, I suspect by using Veild Strike to stun and also the stun from teleport strike.

Hope this helps, honestly I think the easiest way is to just kite them with a ranged weapon, but if you are doing it with melee you'll need to stun and roll dodge a lot so you don't get hurt. Also when they are close to death (or you are) you can use Drain Essence to get life back.
    Edited by Medwin on April 5, 2014 11:05PM
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • jody.roaneub17_ESO
    I will be posting a vid here soon showing how to get this done at level 14 as a NB. I dont think its even remotely possible as any other class at such a low level.
  • Nyti
    Nyti
    Soul Shriven
    Giznat wrote: »
    What exactly did you do to do this as a level 15 Nightblade? I tried greatsword and got rocked harder than when I was using my sword and board. Any suggestions?

@Medwin has it partially correct, I used Shadowy Disguise (Shadow Cloak morph) + Surprise Attack (Veiled Strike morph) + Heavy Attack (knocksdown stunned targets). If you know the jousting style used by some classes in other games to duel people, that's all I did. Shadowy + Surprise attack + Heavy Attack stun/kd combo, run away, if surprise attack missed I sprinted off before shadowy wore off. I used jousting to allow mana regen, except at the start where I just spammed it till I was low on mana.

I would use Drain Essence if I took a hit, but it was really rare that I did and whenever I had enough Ulimate to use Veil of Blades (Consuming Darkness morph) I just started the fight with that and spam stun/kd combo, they just drop dead.

@jody.roaneub17_ESO , Every class can do it at low levels, I walked a level 16 DK through it on a livestream using Dark Talon, Stonefist, and a bow. I may even level another character to see how low of a level I can do it on, probably sorc.

Edit: In case someone misunderstands - I didn't sprint the moment I missed the stun, sprinting cancels Shadowy Disguise, I just ran before it wore and sprinted after it was off. I should probably add, I have The Steed (movement speed increase) as my boon.
    Edited by Nyti on April 7, 2014 9:47AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot find it anywhere so i just ask it here. What if a player gets bitten but doesn't want to be a werewolf or vampire. In older TES game you just drank a cure common disease potion before you turned. How do you do it here?

thanks. I don't want to become a creature of the night.

Edit: nvm, i found it in the guides. Somehow the "show " option didnt show at first so i thought it was incomplete. Good guide btw, i luv you too now. Now i can cure myself when bitten although i rather have a cure potion and a quest for when you are vampire. Also vampire players should not be able to walk in daylight.
    Edited by Knootewoot on April 7, 2014 1:37PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Catsocks
    Catsocks
    ✭✭
    Giznat wrote: »
    Nyti wrote: »
    Just to add to your guide, with the people saying what levels it's possible to do the quest at. You can definitely do it at 15 solo, images for proof:
    Sorry had to edit out chat 6Dj9UM2.jpg
    Character sheet showing the 1st stage and the soon to be victim beside, coincidentally with the name Hellsing... KdQJaVG.jpg And yes, I did kill them using that great sword.

I finished that quest at level 12. It can be a little frustrating if you aren't on top of your game but it is entirely doable. I did it as a bow dk with a level 10? i think bow and only one bow skill (no push back). Just be really good at strafing and magicka/potion management really.

edit: I didn't kite these mobs btw. You don't need to kite them so any real weapon will do. I chose bow because it allowed me a stealth crit shot easiest. Also anyone telling you can't do this quest unless you're a certain class is wrong. I literally finished this quest using 2 abilities, poison arrow and that vampire stun on a lower level weapon with no escape abilities. It just takes patience and a good grasp of the game mechanics.
    Edited by Catsocks on April 7, 2014 8:56PM
  • jody.roaneub17_ESO
    Anyways here is video showing how i fought them all without a bow.

http://youtu.be/NUfUDej7gJU
    Edited by jody.roaneub17_ESO on April 7, 2014 7:49PM
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nyti‌
    Awesome, was curious how you did it personally. Thanks for sharing, and with how easy a time I had at 20 I assumed lower levels could do it.

@Knootewoot‌
    Thanks for the comments, however the not walking in daylight would be awful in this game, this is an mmo and so it has some restriction on home much it can restrict. Unlike other TES games where you can skip time and just hang out at night, in this you would not be able to play for hours at a time when it is daylight out. What they did do in the game and make some skill strong at night, which made them weaker during the day, so you can technically say they are weaker during the day.

@Catsocks‌
    Wow, you didn't use any CC? That is pretty impressive, personally I'm a big fan of DoTs like the first bow skill. And I agree any class can do it, but if you are not kiting them, and they are hitting you, how did you end up killing them before they got you?

@jody.roaneub17_ESO‌
    Thanks for the video contribution it will be under the quest section. :)
    Edited by Medwin on April 7, 2014 10:01PM
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • Catsocks
    Catsocks
    ✭✭
    Medwin wrote: »
    @Catsocks‌
    Wow, you didn't use any CC? That is pretty impressive, personally I'm a big fan of DoTs like the first bow skill. And I agree any class can do it, but if you are not kiting them, and they are hitting you, how did you end up killing them before they got you?

I used the vampire CC but only to give my potion time to work (and I only used one potion per encounter too) and since that was a one shot per encounter deal I had to use it really wisely. Basically it was just a matter of making sure I stayed just to the side of them at all times while still able to hit them. It took a lot of maneuvering. But yeah, I was within melee range the entire time.

Honestly, I should have streamed what I did on my twitch when i did it. No desire to do that again tho lol.
  • dakid4b_ESO
    so you can only get infected from these certain spots? what about from a quest that has bloodfiends can i get infected?
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @dakid4b_ESO‌
    Yes, only these bloodfiends will get you infected, there are zone that have bloodfiends but those one will never pass the disease. ZOS wanted to make it tricky to get so it is these very specific bloodfiends. Also, if you get hit by these bloodfiends it transfers Vampirism to you in one hit. You can open up your character sheet and after the first hit you should have it.
  • vandefanel
    vandefanel
    ✭✭
    Looking for priest of arkay locations for AD anyone?
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @vandefanel‌
    He should be in the mages guild for whatever the major city in that zone is, if I had to bet.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @7788b14_ESO‌
    Good question, the only way I know is to keep checking the sky, if it seems darker it might be night time. If it is to cloudy to see go jump to another zone and try to find clear skys. If you see stars you know it is night time or close to it. Honestly they really need to add a way to check when it is night and day since it is always so cloudy. Plus knowing the in game time would be great, shouldn't be to hard to add.

Thanks. This helped a lot. I also noticed at night we can clearly see the torches burning and casting light down on the ground. I've also learned to guess time during the day by watching daytime shadows.

I quess it's a matter of time before someone creates a moon phase add-on.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Angua wrote: »
    Do you know for sure about moon phasing affecting the spawns?

I was camped at a spot in Bangkorai for a few nights and a while after the moon went full the werewolf's appeared and respawned throughout the night. My level 10 NB is now infected.
  • Ehurbaen
    Ehurbaen
    Soul Shriven
    I have a few questions regarding Vampirism (and lycanthropy for that matter, but just the mechanics) that I couldn't find an answer to yet - if anyone can answer these that would be greatly appreciated.

1. When cured, you get refunded skill points, yes? I don't doubt that you do, but it would then be recommended to cure yourself before respeccing if you didn't want Vampirism.
    2. If you became a Vampire/Werewolf again, would the level in the tree remain like other skills or would you start again at 0? (same with skills)
    3. Are the Vampire/Werewolf "fed on ally" cooldowns shared or separate? It doesn't specify in the definition so I assume they are shared.

I assume the "fed on ally" debuff will remain on your character even if you cure yourself, but that is what makes me wonder if the levels are retained. Some people I asked in guild/zone chats said the skill line likely just gets removed and thus "starts over" from 0.

edits: added another question and typo fixes
    Edited by Ehurbaen on April 8, 2014 8:15PM
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can answer your first 2. No you aren't refunded the points because you don't lose progress in the skill line (should answer question 2). If you decide to become a Vampire again, you pick up where you left off.

You can however, reset all of your skill points.
  • Ehurbaen
    Ehurbaen
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the information. If this could be further confirmed then it would be worth it to level up both to 10 if you want to "max everything".
    I find the fire resist for Vampires to be pretty detrimental and it doesn't seem viable for anything pvp related, but the other passives are really good. The fighters guild line (I'm sure I am just repeating what many other people have said) also seems very strong and though not that many people are probably maxed on that or use it at low levels, being the current majority (afaik) in pvp.

Might go for Werewolf or non at all since I could potentially pick it up again, thanks though.
    (sorry if off topic, just looking to spread information)

edit: hmm I reread what you said a few more times and it means that there is room for "invisible" points if the skill line disappears but you still have points spent? I may have to test myself lol.

edit 2: on another off topic note, does the werewolf regen passive work in human form? I heard some only work in werewolf form and I couldn't find any info on that. (a few days ago)
    Edited by Ehurbaen on April 8, 2014 8:25PM
  • nathanmaxtrob14_ESO
    Thanks for the guide! Thanks to you I was able to make my level 12 Nightblade into a vampire.

Couple of comments I want to add.

The guy who starts the quest for the Ebonheart Pact is standing just outside of Riften. Can't miss him.

If for any reason you quit the game when you are working on the Scion of the Blood Matron quest, it will reset. Meaning if you have killed 9 of the spies and then quit the game, or are disconnected, you will respawn outside of the crypt and will have to go through with the drink and the profaning, and then start over from zero will the killed. Granted, I only quit the game after I died, so maybe this bug only applies if you quit when dead.

As for how to kill the high level enemies. The simplest strategy I could think of is to fight them next to the stairs in the very beginning. Kite the enemy to the middle of the stairs, then jump off, run to the middle of the stairs again, and jump off. As a Nightblade, I simply did my stun, then power-attack knock down and kitted until I had enough mana. This only works for the first two enemies. Though they will respawn, so you can keep killing them.

Molag Bal be damned!
    Edited by nathanmaxtrob14_ESO on April 8, 2014 9:42PM
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shalinoth‌
    The you can only have Vampirism or the Werewolf disease, so if you are infected with one you can not be infected with the other. This mean since you can only be one you'll only have access to one of the bites.

The passive will usually state if it works in werewolf form, if it does not say in werewolf form it should work in human form. Also I'm currently level 27 and sitting at 700 fire resistance, this bring damage from fire down by 28%, and to overcome the vampire weakness you'll need it to be brought down by 33%. So fire hurts me only a tiny bit more than anyone else. It is in my mind completely possible to overcome the fire damage. Which mean only fighter skill will have an advantages, however you some really nice skills of your own. So it is a bit back and forth when fighting a fighters guild member, you have your lock downs and skills and passives that avoid damage, and they have their defense and skills that are more powerful than you.

My point is build fire resistance if you want to be a vampire, sure you'll lose things like magicka and stamina regen or reduced spell cost (aside from resistances those usually are on the jewelry) however being a vampire increases regen on it's on plus you get other benefits. I'll add a part on fire resistance to my guide.

@nathanmaxtrob14_ESO‌
    Thanks for the info, I could have sworn I added that he was right out side Riften, my bad.

• Ehurbaen
    Ehurbaen
    Soul Shriven
    @Medwin‌
    I understand that, this is an example of what I meant:

Become Vampire -> Get to 6/Bite another player -> cure yourself -> become Werewolf -> Get to 6/???
    I assume the cooldown is the same, just was curious - branching off from my original questions/theories.

Thanks for the info on the fire resist and clarification on the passives, I'll have to see how good that would be with max level stuff.

CONFIRMED: (from earlier post)
    edit: I cured myself as a Rank 10 Vampire, I did not get any skill points back and the skill line just disappeared. I assume you would have to respec to gain those points back entirely, and if you became a vampire again it would keep your skills if you did not respec. That means that you would retain Rank X Vampire/Werewolf if you did it again. I still have the "fed on ally" debuff. Also my appearance didn't reset (pale skin/red eyes) until I relogged.

edit: I have now become a Werewolf and am working on leveling it up, though it is much slower than Vampire because it's not XP based. If I can get to 6 in time for the debuff I will post if I can or cannot bite someone.

edit: I now am 6+ and have new information, I'll post a comment soon.
    Edited by Ehurbaen on April 11, 2014 2:08AM
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodfiends are up now in DC.
    Edited by 7788b14_ESO on April 16, 2014 8:51PM
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shalinoth‌
    Yeah, if you can do all that within a week I am pretty sure they are on separate cooldowns.

Public Service Announcement
    Vampire and Werewolf has turned a portion of the community vile, they sit around killing all the spawns so that folks can't get infected. They also spam zone chat with, "10k and I'll stop killing for an hour" or they are trying to make it so that folks have to buy a bite from them. And when it comes down to it who knows if they will even actually infect you and not just take your money. This is really awful and needs to be looked into.
    Edited by Medwin on April 9, 2014 1:53AM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shalinoth‌
    Yeah, if you can do all that within a week I am pretty sure they are on separate cooldowns.

Public Service Announcement
    Vampire and Werewolf has turned a portion of the community vile, they sit around killing all the spawns so that folks can't get infected. They also spam zone chat with, "10k and I'll stop killing for an hour" or they are trying to make it so that folks have to buy a bite from them. And when it comes down to it who knows if they will even actually infect you and not just take your money. This is really awful and needs to be looked into.

Wow, that's horrible.

House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Laplace
    Laplace
    ✭✭✭
    How would one do this as a low-level sorcerer?
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laplace wrote: »
    How would one do this as a low-level sorcerer?

@Laplace
    Depends on your weapons, if you have a destrostaff I would just use the firs skill to keep your distance. Bring some potions and you should be fine honestly. Also try to kite them as much as you can and not get hit.

• Tr1n1ty
    Tr1n1ty
    Soul Shriven
    Can they spawn in the veteran versions of these zones?
  • basestepneb18_ESO
    Great information and this should be addressed, and gathering ingredients for a potion is a great choice, i believe this was the solution in oblivion or skyrim as well, i cant remember which one now.
    Grock Stronghold (@Fatmanboozer)
    Leader of the Sanguine Coven
    A Vampire only guild for the Ebonheart pact (EU)
  • konstipeterb16_ESO
    Tr1n1ty wrote: »
    Can they spawn in the veteran versions of these zones?

I'd appreciate an answer on this question, as the veteran versions are not so overfarmed, as the 40+ areas.

• Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tr1n1ty‌ @konstipeterb16_ESO‌
    Yes, in beta I recall a AD person who got it in the DC zone.

@basestepneb18_ESO‌
    Yeah, it was in Oblivion that you did the potion thing I mentioned. None the less it can be redone with the mechanics in this game and feel fresh, thanks for the support. :)