The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PVP is dead to me

vermanderdieterb16_ESO
there is just no balance, too many tanks that dont take any damage even if u hit them with a whole team. 0/10 would not recommend. PVP in the current state is just broken. gave this game an other chance after a few years away from it and i'm sad to say i'm out again. Fix your game ZOS
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    Even in Solo Battleground for some reason I'm always put in the only losing team against Godlike Unkillable Superteams gangstalking me personally at every turn.

Such fun.
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is just no balance, too many tanks that dont take any damage even if u hit them with a whole team. 0/10 would not recommend. PVP in the current state is just broken. gave this game an other chance after a few years away from it and i'm sad to say i'm out again. Fix your game ZOS

It's not that bad. Those unkillable tanks you're talking about can't kill anyone. I have one of those, sometimes I play him for luls. And it amazes me every time how many people try so hard to kill me that they completely lose the objective in BGs or get separated from their group in Cyro. It's fine that they try, but after pounding me for 2min they still don't wanna give up lol. In the meantime my team is playing the objective and winning or killing them one by one while they focus on me lmao.

It's nothing to do with balance, it's your own decision to fight those tanks. There are other people to go after.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're right. It's just straight disappointing no matter how you look at it and the dev's make it really clear that they don't seem to care. I've disconnected so many times tonight during fights that it's insane. It doesn't even matter what system you play on either. I have guild mates that are on PS5's that are constantly hitting bluescreens or kicked out of Cyrodiil back to the login screen. Add that issue to the stuck in combat bug that is still around to getting stuck on one bar to skills not firing to all the other problems that plague this side of the game. I don't even understand why they keep PvP going if they have no intention on fixing it. It's a shame because we all pay for ESO+ just like the PvE players do
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »

It's not that bad. Those unkillable tanks you're talking about can't kill anyone. I have one of those, sometimes I play him for luls. And it amazes me every time how many people try so hard to kill me that they completely lose the objective in BGs or get separated from their group in Cyro. It's fine that they try, but after pounding me for 2min they still don't wanna give up lol. In the meantime my team is playing the objective and winning or killing them one by one while they focus on me lmao.

It's nothing to do with balance, it's your own decision to fight those tanks. There are other people to go after.

I think I can agree with this. I haven't seen any 'unkillable' tanks outside of those that were fully spec'd into being tank and do nothing other than that. There are 'tanky' people but certain classes seem to delete them when they get their combo off as well. So... I am not sure. Maybe depends on builds. Someone running just 1 set or no set golded items will find everyone too tanky while someone with decent build might not. My build is ill-equipped to fight anyone with tons of healings but I do decently against non-sweaty people in a way (despite all the ping related delays) and am pretty sure will be called 'tank' to them.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on October 16, 2023 4:03AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calastir wrote: »
    Even in Solo Battleground for some reason I'm always put in the only losing team against Godlike Unkillable Superteams gangstalking me personally at every turn.

Such fun.
    Noticed this too. Going in solo and getting put up against pre mades.

Solo BGs should have the mmr system removed or reworked. Can take far too long to even get into a match then once you do you're mown do by the flavor of the month players.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    In most my experiences PVPing recently with a build that has 20k pen and 8k SD..people seem tanky because there is a 40k hp warden with polar wind around them maybe more. Especially in big faction fights
    Edited by Udrath on October 18, 2023 12:44AM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »
    In most my experiences PVPing recently with a build that has 20k pen and 8k SD..people seem tanky because there is a 40k hp with polar wind around them maybe more. Especially in big faction fights

Yep. Noticed last night it looked like I tickled a guy, but I was getting 5 and 6k hits. Just had a ton of health and healing
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭

i agree 100%
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you expect "balance" between a Tank and a DPS? Tanks just tank. Don't attack them. They are there to distract you and ping your Ying to get their Yang. LOL.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup it’s unstable unbalanced unfun pvp these days

class… balance…?

gear… balance… ?

lag spikes, rubber banding, skills not firing…

• igormaxbr03
    igormaxbr03
    ✭✭✭
    Same i tired of the game ,everone that i know had stop playing ,just me and other friend .i barely want to play maybe 2-3 days a week thats it ,shame this is the way to go
  • BetterAtChess
    BetterAtChess
    ✭✭
    In most my experiences PVPing recently with a build that has 20k pen and 8k SD..people seem tanky because there is a 40k hp warden with polar wind around them maybe more. Especially in big faction fights

In my experience, a stat dense build like this is just ineffective - players run tanky sets and just spam burst heals through the damage. It's more effective to build tanky and allow proc sets to play the game for you. Welcome to Elder Skill-less Online.
  • BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭
    Play it No-CP, and i'll be fine.
  • Miracle19
    Miracle19
    ✭✭✭

wait until you find out that you can have 8k sd, 20k+ pent with 40k+ hp and 45k resists all at once lol
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In my experience, a stat dense build like this is just ineffective - players run tanky sets and just spam burst heals through the damage. It's more effective to build tanky and allow proc sets to play the game for you. Welcome to Elder Skill-less Online.

Except you don't even have to choose these days.

You can quite easily have a Warden with 20k pen, 8k spell damage, 40k+ hp (and therefore massive heals), and 30-40k resists, all while wearing a strong proc set that does the heavy lifting for you like Azureblight or Rush.

They should have never added extra base stats when implementing CP 2.0.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on October 18, 2023 2:34PM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I can agree with this. I haven't seen any 'unkillable' tanks outside of those that were fully spec'd into being tank and do nothing other than that. There are 'tanky' people but certain classes seem to delete them when they get their combo off as well. So... I am not sure. Maybe depends on builds. Someone running just 1 set or no set golded items will find everyone too tanky while someone with decent build might not. My build is ill-equipped to fight anyone with tons of healings but I do decently against non-sweaty people in a way (despite all the ping related delays) and am pretty sure will be called 'tank' to them.

I honestly don't get the unkillable tank thing.
    I have a PVE Arcanist tank and if I bring her into PvP sure she can tank alot, but eventually she just runs out of resources and dies anyway.

Being a tank doesn't mean you have unlimited stamina and magicka. I don't get it.
    Maybe people complaining about tanks should try resources draining poisons.
    And don't get me started about knight slayer.

I still find high speed high damage characters to work best for me in PvP.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have a PVE Arcanist tank and if I bring her into PvP sure she can tank alot, but eventually she just runs out of resources and dies anyway.

Being a tank doesn't mean you have unlimited stamina and magicka. I don't get it.

You're bringing a PvE tank into PvP and expecting it to work.

Tanks built for PvP can be (with relative ease) functionally immortal unless an entire zerg spends 5 minutes wailing on them. They can absolutely have unlimited resources. That is a problem.

On the other end of the spectrum, it's also a problem that you can stack 45k health and still have plenty of damage to kill people. Damage no longer takes a hit from dumping your max stats completely these days.

Both situations are consequences of (among other things) the CP 2.0 base stats given to everyone. It took a lot of choices out of building - no need to pick and choose when everyone's damage and survivability is much higher at a baseline than it's ever been.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on October 20, 2023 3:54PM
  • BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭
    Play it No-CP, and i'll be fine.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Backing up what @BlackRaidho said.

A lot of unbalance comes from gear sets and Champion points. No-CP campaigns fixes these issue.

I've played A LOT of No-CP. It honestly feels like old-school PvP. But... It's dead 98% of the time.

Even better? During midyear mayhem with near population caps, server runs flawlessly.

ZOS needs to give clear communication about what sets work and which don't. Feel like that is a large portion of the hesitation to participate in the server. And we as a community need to recommend and get others to join in....
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    Backing up what BlackRaidho said.

A lot of unbalance comes from gear sets and Champion points. No-CP campaigns fixes these issue.

I've played A LOT of No-CP. It honestly feels like old-school PvP. But... It's dead 98% of the time.

Even better? During midyear mayhem with near population caps, server runs flawlessly.

ZOS needs to give clear communication about what sets work and which don't. Feel like that is a large portion of the hesitation to participate in the server. And we as a community need to recommend and get others to join in....

i usually try to recommend no proc/no cp to people who are newer to pvp, as it is far less "cheese" to deal with

that being said not having an in game indicator or up to date list of what sets actually work in no proc, i agree is a huge drawback and frustration why people dont play no proc/no cp

in my own personal opinion, i dont like no proc because i find it boring, but i actually enjoy no cp pvp
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭

Tanks built for PvP can be (with relative ease) functionally immortal unless an entire zerg spends 5 minutes wailing on them. They can absolutely have unlimited resources. That is a problem.

This is simply untrue.

If it were possible we would be seeing this everyday and there would be videos of this happening all the time.

The game simply does not allow anything like that.

https://eso-sets.com/set/shell-splitter
    https://eso-sets.com/set/jerall-mountains-warchief
    https://eso-sets.com/set/balorgh

Yes you can build a defensive character but this character will not survive a zerg.

You can build an offensive character to counter this defensive character as well. This offensive character will not kill an entire zerg.

Although many people who have had their character shown to be deficient in the face of the one of these builds will often say that its as strong as a group of 12.

There is never video evidence to go with the claim and it's something you don't see in any stream.

There have been times when people have posted something and it's turned out to be something like prenerf Maras Balm on the PTS or something equally ridiculous that didn't make it to the live servers.
    Edited by edward_frigidhands on October 20, 2023 8:53PM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game over
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is simply untrue.

If it were possible we would be seeing this everyday and there would be videos of this happening all the time.

Yes you can build a defensive character but this character will not survive a zerg.

You can build an offensive character to counter this defensive character as well. This offensive character will not kill an entire zerg.

Although many people who have had their character shown to be deficient in the face of the one of these builds will often say that its as strong as a group of 12.

There is never video evidence to go with the claim and it's something you don't see in any stream.

There have been times when people have posted something and it's turned out to be something like prenerf Maras Balm on the PTS or something equally ridiculous that didn't make it to the live servers.

All you have to do is go down to the Alessia Bridge. There are blocktanks down there that will survive entire zergs endlessly.

You don't see it often because there's no point in doing it. If you're surviving forever, you won't have any room on your build to do anything but that. No healing, no buffing/debuffing for teammates, no damage. Enemy players see a tank like that and just start to ignore them.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on October 22, 2023 3:53PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is simply untrue.

All you have to do is go down to the Alessia Bridge. There are blocktanks down there that will survive entire zergs endlessly.

You don't see it often because there's no point in doing it. If you're surviving forever, you won't have any room on your build to do anything but that. No healing, no buffing/debuffing for teammates, no damage. Enemy players see a tank like that and just start to ignore them.

Just use them to charge ultimates. But they do get annoying when they just pull out siege or burn yours
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Ppvpp
  • RoxyPhoenix
    RoxyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭
    what about those ppl with names like "śćżsdmę€ółśąśżźćń" or any other string of ASCI characters? running around doing impossible things. I can fathom ballgroups, towerhuggers, cheesebuilds and all that unbalanced class/sets crap, but those permaglowing, seemingly immortal, gcd ignoring gods of speed... Anyone who plays Cyro more then 4h a day knows what Im talking about.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    as a door nail, but for bg the most fun groups where when the other 2 groups just about quit at the start leaving the winning group to just dance around in merriment and happiness until it was all over and daily was done
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    Backing up what BlackRaidho said.

i usually try to recommend no proc/no cp to people who are newer to pvp, as it is far less "cheese" to deal with

that being said not having an in game indicator or up to date list of what sets actually work in no proc, i agree is a huge drawback and frustration why people dont play no proc/no cp

in my own personal opinion, i dont like no proc because i find it boring, but i actually enjoy no cp pvp

I'd argue for the opposite, but certainly both have their pros and cons.

No Proc / No CP takes a lot of passive survivability and free damage away. Since it's all stat oriented gear... It makes it less about the gear you're running and more about how you play.

You hear crutch sets thrown around a lot, and it certainly has some validity to it. In No Proc / No CP you don't get sets that heal for you or purge for you, or give you ridiculous stat recovery.

But that being said, like you said you don't have to deal with "cheese". Which I would entirely agree makes for an easier to understand fight for a newcomer.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is simply untrue.

Not entirely true. Ps/na ep emp has a build ive seen get whaled on by atleast 12 ppl without going down over and over. They exist and they arent fun to fight. As of yet ive seen him go down only once or 2x. I know the build is pushing 80k health.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about those ppl with names like "śćżsdmę€ółśąśżźćń" or any other string of ASCI characters? running around doing impossible things. I can fathom ballgroups, towerhuggers, cheesebuilds and all that unbalanced class/sets crap, but those permaglowing, seemingly immortal, gcd ignoring gods of speed... Anyone who plays Cyro more then 4h a day knows what Im talking about.

I saw one of those recently. Had on a big cape with the letter S on it. No wait that was in a movie. Move along nothing to see here.