The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NEW servers, again? (question inspired by 12 hours downtime on 17/10/2023)

• Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prep I should imagine
    Options
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    dutchusuk wrote:
    One of the reasons i don't have ESO plus anymore, [snip]

Now we know that isnt true. ZOS is in this for the money. They know they cant afford to lose large swaths of customers. And Microsoft may be many things, but idiots they are not. They also want to keep Euro customers!

But who loses out? And when? NA players, who are (lets be honest here) the smaller player base? That would be the logical choice. But what about the employees and ZOS who will have to come in at off hours to work on things to make EU servers happy? And what about the fact that while PC-EU is around 20% larger than PC-NA, the revenues are nowhere near as high?

The decisions regarding when the patches happen are all about logistics and cost. This time frame makes the most sense. The only other way to do things would be to make PC-NA and PC-EU essentially 2 different companies, with two completely separate operations... and fiscally that just wouldnt make a lot of sense.

And honestly you shouldnt feel bad. The people you should feel sorry for are the Asian and Oceanic players, who typically lose their entire prime time in patching. My Aussie friends had their ESO shut down at 6pm.It might be back at 5 am. Sadly, I work off hours, so I'm also without ESO for most of my day today. It sucks, but I understand why.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 17, 2023 4:22PM
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
    Options
  • Blencathra
    Blencathra
    ✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Getting the Crown Store ready for the Witches Festival.

Decorating and populating the game zones in preparation for the Witches Festival.

Those would be my guesses. But I'm often wrong-- so very wrong. (Sigh)

The game zone decor would be handled via a patch some time in the recent past. That sort of thing is then turned off or on by code that triggers when a condition is met (i.e. a start date/time).

Oh, I thought they had to actually send the maintenance folks into the land electronically and they have to manually string lights, carve pumpkins and light them etc.
    Options
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos clearly has issue with servers that goes beyond the performance of the machines themselves. What that could be they won't say and probably they would balk at anyone who suggests a possibility, so ill trust everyone is smart enough to develop their own ideas.

Options
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anifaas wrote: »
    It’s strangely unprofessional to interrupt any service for approximately half a day and not notify the customers of the cause. Apparently gamers are not deserving of the same courtesy practically every other customer on earth enjoys. Situations like this add to the reasons why gamers increasingly do not respect gaming vendors.

the investors are the customers of every corporation, not the consumers....
    Options
  • WhoRU
    WhoRU
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox EU

Why does the Game Startup menu not provide more information?

Eventually we havev patch' added on days when a download is required but surely an estimated maintenance completion time could be included?

Additionally there is an 'Announcements' option on that page which could surely be used to give additional information on days, like today, where there is an abnormally long maintenance involved.

Where an eleven hour maintenance is then exceeded some prompt update would be helpful for players who have been waiting to get into the game.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it's interesting that 11 hours still wasn't enough time for this mystery maintenance.

I wonder how many more hours it will be?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • centime
    centime
    ✭✭✭
    They just updated in another thread with "...a few minutes..."
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From Gina in another thread:
    Hey everyone, just wanted to give you all a heads up that we will begin opening servers in just a few minutes. Thanks for your patience - we know maintenance today has been longer than usual!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7976523/#Comment_7976523

PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • fluffybunny
      fluffybunny
      ✭✭
      centime wrote: »

Which thread if you don’t mind me asking? Looking and can’t find it.

Options
    • Wolfkeks
      Wolfkeks
      ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/644991/i-see-maintenance-is-still-in-progress-expected-to-last-until-2-pm-est-time-us-for-eu-servers#latest
      "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
      EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
      Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
      Options
    • centime
      centime
      ✭✭✭

This one, page 3:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/644991/i-see-maintenance-is-still-in-progress-expected-to-last-until-2-pm-est-time-us-for-eu-servers/p1

A little farther down on that page they explain what maintenance was about, for all the people wondering.
      Edited by centime on October 17, 2023 6:50PM
      Options
    • KronikFlatulenz
      KronikFlatulenz
      ✭✭✭
      They more than likely messed up something with the crown gifting being re-enabled and are fixing that
      Options
    • Pelanora
      Pelanora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      msteentjes wrote: »
      dk_dunkirk wrote: »
      Vynera wrote: »
      thats interesting lol

ill be sleeping most of that timeframe (3am to 2 pm) lol

But for EU it's ~9am to ~8pm, so basically the whole day

Given that the NA and EU "megaservers" are separate things, this doesn't make sense, does it? They could move the EU window to the same relative time frame as in the US, couldn't they?

I bet they could, they just don't care about us, this is abundatly clear to me after a year playing, so no eso+ for me unless they change several things for the better.

The times are all favoured for the US, we in europe can suck it, lose a day of gameplay every maintenance. and the reset times are in the middle of the night.

Actually it's for the 312 players in the southern hemisphere. We didn't even notice. 🤪
      Options