Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

NEW servers, again? (question inspired by 12 hours downtime on 17/10/2023)

• Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they're getting around to implementing the things they said they were going to do.

If that's sarcasm then gg. If you're being legit, wouldn't hurt to actually say beforehand, no? I think most players wouldn't have an issue if they said they're doing major changes and/or focusing on some specific part to optimize. Just dead silence is the thing which irritates us.

I'd probably loose my job if I just sent a message that the severs will be down during the EU most popular time of usage AND don't escalate WHY it needs to be done.

Edit: For clarification I work with severs I either make or maintan (both GNU/Linux servers and application servers).
    Edited by Zastrix on October 17, 2023 8:41AM
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
    Options
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrice [snip] pixies, I will be asleep when its over.
    [snip] smh.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 17, 2023 10:13AM
    Options
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS is undergoing the same maintenance. Interesting...

That's what made me wonder if it's a hardware issue.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s strangely unprofessional to interrupt any service for approximately half a day and not notify the customers of the cause. Apparently gamers are not deserving of the same courtesy practically every other customer on earth enjoys. Situations like this add to the reasons why gamers increasingly do not respect gaming vendors.
    Options
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    thats interesting lol

ill be sleeping most of that timeframe (3am to 2 pm) lol

Yes, But I'll be leaving the patcher running while I sleep in hopes that I don't have to sit through a long download! FOR SURE!
    Options
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anifaas wrote: »
    It’s strangely unprofessional to interrupt any service for approximately half a day and not notify the customers of the cause. Apparently gamers are not deserving of the same courtesy practically every other customer on earth enjoys. Situations like this add to the reasons why gamers increasingly do not respect gaming vendors.

Yep. If they at least said: "We're having hardware issue and due to the nature of the fixes the maintenance will be longer than usual" would definitely suffice. Literally any form of communication would help.

The only 2 reasons this game isn't dead with this management team is:
    • It has the elder scrolls name
    • The combat doesn't suck while not being P2W
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
    Options
  • S2RDK
    S2RDK
    ✭✭
    11 hours....
    Edited by S2RDK on October 17, 2023 9:51AM
    Options
  • molyforest
    molyforest
    ✭✭✭
    This maintenance is so long I came to see what exactly is going on.

However, *crickets*

Maybe related to Update 40?
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT
    Options
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn’t the forum notice usually specify PC, Xbox, or PS? Today it just says EU and NA megasevers today. Or am I remembering wrong? Or perhaps they don’t need to specify since all servers are under maintenance.
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss every single Tuesday maintenance because I'm at work during most of it.
    Edited by wilykcat on October 17, 2023 10:23AM
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kite42 wrote: »
    3pm to 2am here. Thanks a lot.

Same here, we must been in the same part of the world :D
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kite42 wrote: »
    3pm to 2am here. Thanks a lot.

Same here, we must been in the same part of the world :D

Hey, if there are no extensions to the maintenance and if you wake up at 1:30AM you have time to have a shower, get some fresh clothes on, do today's and tomorrow's dailies back to back then get on with your day.

So, thank you ZOS is in order?

(tongue firmly in cheek).
    Options
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stefirex wrote: »
    thats interesting lol

Yes, But I'll be leaving the patcher running while I sleep in hopes that I don't have to sit through a long download! FOR SURE!

There's no patch listed in the banner, so I don't think there will be any download at all.
    Gebt mir meinen charakterbasierten Fortschritt zurück!
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand some are necessary but wish it could be like EVE online when they are literally down everyday but at the same time consistently and for 15 minutes exactly (not a second more) so everyone knows when and it's only very brief. It would be better in early morning for most people.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhall03 wrote: »
    Doesn’t the forum notice usually specify PC, Xbox, or PS? Today it just says EU and NA megasevers today. Or am I remembering wrong? Or perhaps they don’t need to specify since all servers are under maintenance.

Right. The only reason to separate out NA and EU is so they can swap the time zones. :smile:

All of ESO is currently offline. Stay away from bright lights and large open spaces with no ceilings.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Getting the Crown Store ready for the Witches Festival.

Decorating and populating the game zones in preparation for the Witches Festival.

Those would be my guesses. But I'm often wrong-- so very wrong. (Sigh)

I'm gonna be dissapointed if there aren't any pumpkins in the cities tonight 🎃
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost got ESO+ yesterday, glad I didn't :)

Edit: Is the PTS also down? Can't log in.
    Edited by LesserCircle on October 17, 2023 11:38AM
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PTS is also down
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh_Tech wrote: »
    thats interesting lol

There's no patch listed in the banner, so I don't think there will be any download at all.

I keep getting "Self-patcher update error" when opening the launcher, so it's definitely trying to download something.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally try to come back to ESO and it’s down.
    Options
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I keep getting "Self-patcher update error" when opening the launcher, so it's definitely trying to download something.

'Self-patcher' looks to me af it the launcher itself is getting an update, not the game.
    EDIT: My patcher also downloaded a small update, but I don't think that would have had any effect if I'd just executed eso64.exe.
    Edited by Ugh_Tech on October 17, 2023 1:25PM
    Options
  • herkemur
    herkemur
    ✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »

2nd day in a row for the PTS.
    Edited by herkemur on October 17, 2023 1:42PM
    Options
  • dutchusuk
    dutchusuk
    ✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    I frigging hate maintenance days as a European, it literally removes one day from my ESO plus every single time. In an ideal world we'd have brand new servers, but nope, gotta deal with this *** instead.

One of the reasons i don't have ESO plus anymore, [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 17, 2023 4:19PM
    Options
  • Deanathrae
    Deanathrae
    ✭✭
    thats interesting lol

Can't do that myself, the launcher won't work. I'm getting a Launcher Self-Update error.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    herkemur wrote: »

Yesterday’s was the normal weekly patch for 9.2.4, though. That was expected.
    Options
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

PTS is also down

Thanks mate
    Options
  • herkemur
    herkemur
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    herkemur wrote: »

Yesterday’s was the normal weekly patch for 9.2.4, though. That was expected.

True. But no explanation for today's event.
    Options
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont know for certain, but I do now that patch 40 will be changing a lot of "core game" principals and concepts, and will push a lot of fixes that seem to be on core code. It would make sense to me that they will try to do as much as they can before October 30, to allow it all to be done without too much down time in a large chunk.

I also couldnt help but notice that it seems the "beta launcher" for PTS seems about to no longer be so much of a beta.

Additionally, October 30 is also smack in the middle of possibly the second busiest event of the year in ESO. I cant imagine anyone at ZOS wanting to risk major down times during this event.

But I could be wrong. It's probably a vast plot to prevent European players from logging in. You know Microsquish has it in for them!
    Edited by Panomania on October 17, 2023 3:12PM
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
    Options
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panomania wrote: »
    Additionally, October 30 is also smack in the middle of possibly the second busiest event of the year in ESO. I cant imagine anyone at ZOS wanting to risk major down times during this event.

To be honest, I didn't have that feeling in the past. There have been some *caugh* events with major downtimes, although those were mostly unplanned.
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panomania wrote: »
    I also couldnt help but notice that it seems the "beta launcher" for PTS seems about to no longer be so much of a beta.

The new launcher has already been deployed in some regions on Live.

But, only one of the four documented roll-out phases has been completed so far, so it will still be a while before the new launcher has been deployed in all regions.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/642066/new-patcher-rollout/p1
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options