Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

ZOS Can you improve the Templar a bit?

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've played Templar from launch. As soon as it ever gets decent damage or defense; there is always a huge outcry for a nerf. Used to be they'd claim it's the best healer, so it shouldn't be tanky or have good damage; but im not sure it's top 2 healer in PvP anymore. The burst heal when I target other players on my NB is consistently much bigger

I pretty much just give up asking. There will be times that come around every 2 or 3 years given past paces
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on October 19, 2023 1:16PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar not allowed to have damage...except our execute.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But shh they are gonna nerf it if we ask for buffs...that's how templar works. You ask for buffs, you get nerfs. We havnt lost everything. Still stand to lose...
  • Leia98
    Leia98
    ✭✭✭
    do something good about templar for christ's sake....
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They adjusted blazing shield to match the limit of the arcanist version. It must have been performing just as well. Lol
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn nerfing blazing shield out of no where which no one uses lol 😆
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    But shh they are gonna nerf it if we ask for buffs...that's how templar works. You ask for buffs, you get nerfs. We havnt lost everything. Still stand to lose...

They just did in today's patch notes some random a** nerf
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They adjusted blazing shield to match the limit of the arcanist version. It must have been performing just as well. Lol

Or it could've been a preemptive nerf on things that never happened or known. Haven't even seen a single shieldplar during this whole debacle lol. And this is not the first time ZOS preemptively nerfs something either iirc. Maybe someone in ZOS had flashback of old Blazeplar days...
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or it could've been a preemptive nerf on things that never happened or known. Haven't even seen a single shieldplar during this whole debacle lol. And this is not the first time ZOS preemptively nerfs something either iirc. Maybe someone in ZOS had flashback of old Blazeplar days...

Well the skill got obliterated by shield nerfs meant to address stacking that used to go on and even after blazing shield was no longer part of an issue because of its lower value, they kept going. Now its the damage part where it also does not match the damage value, but it again has the mechanic. That's what I think it is. Just "oh this shield does damage as well. Better limit it."

I'd be curious if plars even hit the new limit. Nobody really uses it to find out; though.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well the skill got obliterated by shield nerfs meant to address stacking that used to go on and even after blazing shield was no longer part of an issue because of its lower value, they kept going. Now its the damage part where it also does not match the damage value, but it again has the mechanic. That's what I think it is. Just "oh this shield does damage as well. Better limit it."

I'd be curious if plars even hit the new limit. Nobody really uses it to find out; though.

@Billium813 has a great post in my thread about Sun Shield needing a rework.

He goes into detail describing how even in the most ideal situation, Blazing Shield consistently does less damage than Radiant Ward.

Now, I was told almost a month ago that my thread would be passed to Combat for feedback so perhaps they are buffing the skill and wanted to make sure it doesn’t get out of line, like how @IZZEFlameLash mentioned a preemptive nerf for the skill before it is altered, which would also be in line with covering their bases with that mythic exploit.