Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

NBs excluded from Crown Store ?

AstroST
AstroST
✭✭✭✭✭
I woul like an answer from ZOS about the fact that NBs now can't use oufits sold in Crown Store due to the fact that grim focus permaglow alter all of their visual apperence.
Since is not viable for a NB to not use grim focus if he wants to do some serious content I would like to have an offcicial statement.

Have you decided to exclude an entire class from using an entire category of items avaible in the crown store?
Can someone from ZOS give us an official statement please?
Many Thanks.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 29, 2023 3:16AM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 9 nbs.....the perma glow is not a big deal imho.......certainly not as big of a deal as some people are making it.
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the permaglow and i have no problem with it at all on any outfit or costume i use

all it does is alter the weapon appearance not "all of" the visual appearance.

i can see why people would not like this tho and i do agree with wazzz, certainly not as big of a deal as some people are making it for sure
    Edited by rabidmyers on September 26, 2023 12:52PM
    at a place nobody knows
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The solution is a toggle for those who like, those who don’t.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution is to make the ability not active until you light attack an enemy and trigger it.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public forum, everyone's entitled to state an opinion.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • BigMakatak
    BigMakatak
    ✭✭✭
    Also, not everyone uses those abilities/morphs....
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The glow does not bother me. However, if I were into the clothing / role play I can see where it would be a problem.
    Maybe a simple toggle on or off for the ability? Like mist form does only without the resource cost except to fire the arrow.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is preventing you from using those weapons except you.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said this on the other discussion: whether you like the permaglow or not, it should not be visible when your weapon is sheathed or put away. I shouldn’t have to see the permaglow when my weapon is stowed.

Also the fact that there is still a permaglow on the gloambound weapons even after putting them away is silly and makes it quite obvious no one on the dev team actually thought about this change before applying it. The weapon turns invisible but you still have dumb hovering red clouds.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    I have 9 nbs.....the perma glow is not a big deal imho.......certainly not as big of a deal as some people are making it.

Do any of your nightblades use 20€ weapon packs from the crownstore which they can't use anymore because the permanent glow covers the purchased weapon effect? And do you engage in content where a minimum requirement for damage is set and the spell grim focus is a must have for nightblades?

Zos is forcing me to decide wether or not I want to see my 20€ fall into the abyss or become unable to engage into the content. It's "Eat up, customer" and be happy about a glitched out weapon effect which serves no purpose unlike its predecessor.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 26, 2023 5:05PM
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is preventing you from using those weapons except you.

Nope, pretty sure it's Zos preventing me from using them. My eyes are still working. That's not what it looked like when I purchased it for real money.

y2abzungnxkh.png
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it only replaces the little glow some weapon styles have, not all outfits. and it's not the style itself just the little glow.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    it only replaces the little glow some weapon styles have, not all outfits. and it's not the style itself just the little glow.

The not so neat thing about weapon packs is, that unlike the majority of outfit styles and motifs, they cost money.
    And the glow is not exactly little. It's everpresent. During combat? Totally fine. Out of combat? Why? With gloambound weapons sheathed? What...?

Imagine you purchase a house for crowns, let's say a cheaper one for 8.000 crowns. And 5 months later a patch changes your home and suddenly places a red fog across the entire area. Similar to that present during harrow storms.
    But it's not that bad, because the fog only appears during the day and you can use the new given item to change the time of day inside your house to turn it off. You'll always be forced to stick to one specific time setting to avoid it, but it's "avoidable".

You paid 8.000 crowns for the house as it was presented during your purchase, but it's avoidable.

I wouldn't enjoy that and I don't think you'd either. Nobody would.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's not houses though and i buy the weapon packs for the styles more than the effects.

i understand that it's annoying to have a different effect than you originally had on a weapon style, but it doesn't change the whole style. nor is it a super expensive house.

most expensive an arms pack costs is 2500 crowns.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the exact amount mine cost. I even had to pay more, because my steam doesn't offer an option in my country for that exact amount. So yes, they were two of the most expensive ones.

And I'm not saying that an 8.000 crowns house is worth as much as my weapon packs. The price tells the tale. What I'm pointing at is both being purchases for real money in exchange for a digital product with no indicators presented to warn me that my purchase would be altered afterwards.

I buy my stuff in full consideration of all containments of my purchase. Both the style of the weapon and the effect. As a roleplayer, that's a bit of a habit to have all details line up. ESO was great for that. Was.
    Now I'm sitting on two weapon packs, one disappears when sheathed and has the red glow rest on my character with no visible weapon. The other one has it's effect overwritten by my slotted skill. Overwritten with a visual effect that doesn't even serve a purpose. And that's the most frustrating part of it. That I purchase something and it gets altered in a way that defeats it's original reason for me to buy it in exchange for no justifiable addition in terms of gameplay or other crucial elements.

It really only glows red, because it glows red. That's it.

A change is a change, even if not every single aspect of the purchase is changed. It's still altered and in this case a major selling point of it has been rendered unusuable.

I think it's not so difficult to understand where my disappointment comes from.

What i fail to understand is why it bothers people that folks like us give word to their disappointment. And point out a vast majority of added flaws to playability provided by the altered skill effect. While those bothered by our worded disappointment present absolutely no counter argument in terms of the visual effects advantage to the players apart from "Oh it doesn't bother me."

If it doesn't bother you, great. I wish I could be in your shoes. But no need to caps-scream it into this thread depicting issues that you are lucky enough to not be affected by.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's the exact amount mine cost. I even had to pay more, because my steam doesn't offer an option in my country for that exact amount. So yes, they were two of the most expensive ones.

And I'm not saying that an 8.000 crowns house is worth as much as my weapon packs. The price tells the tale. What I'm pointing at is both being purchases for real money in exchange for a digital product with no indicators presented to warn me that my purchase would be altered afterwards.

I buy my stuff in full consideration of all containments of my purchase. Both the style of the weapon and the effect. As a roleplayer, that's a bit of a habit to have all details line up. ESO was great for that. Was.
    Now I'm sitting on two weapon packs, one disappears when sheathed and has the red glow rest on my character with no visible weapon. The other one has it's effect overwritten by my slotted skill. Overwritten with a visual effect that doesn't even serve a purpose. And that's the most frustrating part of it. That I purchase something and it gets altered in a way that defeats it's original reason for me to buy it in exchange for no justifiable addition in terms of gameplay or other crucial elements.

It really only glows red, because it glows red. That's it.

A change is a change, even if not every single aspect of the purchase is changed. It's still altered and in this case a major selling point of it has been rendered unusuable.

I think it's not so difficult to understand where my disappointment comes from.

What i fail to understand is why it bothers people that folks like us give word to their disappointment. And point out a vast majority of added flaws to playability provided by the altered skill effect. While those bothered by our worded disappointment present absolutely no counter argument in terms of the visual effects advantage to the players apart from "Oh it doesn't bother me."

If it doesn't bother you, great. I wish I could be in your shoes. But no need to caps-scream it into this thread depicting issues that you are lucky enough to not be affected by.

I didn't caps scream i merely bolded my first message. im not bothered by people being disappointed just by weird comparisons and saying that it alters all visual appearance.

i hope zos adds a toggle for the effect as i hope for a toggle for lots of other effects.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We made a decision when creating a nightblade, some of us many years ago and we deserve our experience to be the same one as back then, I don't want any glow on my character unless I use the skill, just how it used to be.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The not so neat thing about weapon packs is, that unlike the majority of outfit styles and motifs, they cost money.
    And the glow is not exactly little. It's everpresent. During combat? Totally fine. Out of combat? Why? With gloambound weapons sheathed? What...?

Imagine you purchase a house for crowns, let's say a cheaper one for 8.000 crowns. And 5 months later a patch changes your home and suddenly places a red fog across the entire area. Similar to that present during harrow storms.
    But it's not that bad, because the fog only appears during the day and you can use the new given item to change the time of day inside your house to turn it off. You'll always be forced to stick to one specific time setting to avoid it, but it's "avoidable".

You paid 8.000 crowns for the house as it was presented during your purchase, but it's avoidable.

I wouldn't enjoy that and I don't think you'd either. Nobody would.

Huh?

at what point is the OP saying that some time After purchase, the company Changed the Look of the item?

I always just Look at the item before purchase. Hit R to see what is in the bundle.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

IMHO
    :#
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

Huh?

at what point is the OP saying that some time After purchase, the company Changed the Look of the item?

I always just Look at the item before purchase. Hit R to see what is in the bundle.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

IMHO
    :#

You missed both of our points and the issues presented. How?

Edit: I think that's my last post in this thread. There doesn't seem to be room for discussion only ridiculing for the mere sake of typing something. Anything. How tiresome.
    Edited by NoticeMeArkay on September 26, 2023 6:51PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i personally think that the red glow should only be there when the proc is ready to fire, im pretty sure this was just a carryover from when it was still an activation skill and it would give you the glow for the entire duration regardless if the proc was ready

since the functionality of the skill has changed, the glow should probably be made more useful and be changed to only when the proc is ready

i personally dont care about the glow, it doesnt bother me on the selene bow, or the selene melee weapons, but i can certainly see how it would bother some people (the "worst" look i notice is with the gloambound weapons because on my stealth toon i now have a permanent red floaty ball when my weapon is sheathed)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, by now we have 14 pages of thread of people who are quite unhappy with it for a wide variety of reasons. For me, it is a complete no-go, not only because it absolutely breaks immersion, ruins my outfits and turns my character into a walking neon sign, but also because it gives me an insta-headache because of its brightness on the screen.
    My NB is my main and I would very much like to continue to play her as I have been for the last few years and not get a screaming migrane every time I log on.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not houses though and i buy the weapon packs for the styles more than the effects.

i understand that it's annoying to have a different effect than you originally had on a weapon style, but it doesn't change the whole style. nor is it a super expensive house.

wwffulyfx0pi.jpg

I don't have a weapons pack style. Only a regular style. And it glows through everything (look at my face...). And it gives me a headache.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the stance that it should only glow with full stacks. I don’t play nb often but just logging onto my thief (dw swords) looks really odd. Just standing in the outlaws refuge… glowing intensely…
    Edited by Soarora on September 27, 2023 4:13AM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We made a decision when creating a nightblade, some of us many years ago and we deserve our experience to be the same one as back then, I don't want any glow on my character unless I use the skill, just how it used to be.

I made a Bosmer nightblade years ago, decided I wanted to play a stealthy character and ZOS revoked that play style from me, with zero recompense. And now he has to wear the red glow of shame, whether he wants to or not. So, don't ever get too attached to your characters, as they can be transformed into something you don't want without notice, and your protests are historically very likely to fall on deaf ears.

Edited by Jaraal on September 27, 2023 9:36AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow you would have hated it when Sorc had skills that changed their appearance, like when our eyes glowed purple and Bound Armor was actually armor....
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you claiming that the permanent glow does not invalidate cosmetics like the Undaunted Arms Packs?

People can like or dislike the glow. But enforcing a cosmetic on an entire class and making an entire class unable to use a specific set of crown store cosmetics isn't something you can have much of a different opinion on. At best, it's not something that bothers you.

The rest of us is bothered. You not caring does not change that. Stop defending them.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow you would have hated it when Sorc had skills that changed their appearance, like when our eyes glowed purple and Bound Armor was actually armor....

I did, in fact, hate it.

It was also changed. And toggleable.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A little glow? A little? In what world is that a little glow for your weapon.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazraena wrote: »

Are you claiming that the permanent glow does not invalidate cosmetics like the Undaunted Arms Packs?

People can like or dislike the glow. But enforcing a cosmetic on an entire class and making an entire class unable to use a specific set of crown store cosmetics isn't something you can have much of a different opinion on. At best, it's not something that bothers you.

The rest of us is bothered. You not caring does not change that. Stop defending them.

Literally state that it is my opinion in the comment..and I did not defend anybody...much like you are allowed to be upset about it, I am equally allowed to be ok with it...is what it is
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."