Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Should the Art Team focus more on Clothing now over Armor?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
b4836e6b8510e44adac5553199b7545fc40cc1d6.jpg

I personally believe the game is oversaturated with Armor outfit Styles at this point, whereas the Clothing section of the Outfit Station only has two options, the Prisoner outfits. Do you think the Art Team should start and focus on more Clothing specific Outfit Styles? Or do you care more only for Armor? Do you think a balance of both can be possible?
CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!

Should the Art Team focus more on Clothing now over Armor? 103 votes

More Clothing Styles
61%
chessalavakia_ESOacastanza_ESOGalenopajkenneth.friisb16_ESOShagrethkojouNettleCarrierSilverBrideshadyjane62SengraDestailillybitMikeSkyrim333Number_51DojohodaArchMikemAlpheu5fred4Athymhormia 63 votes
Stick to Armor Styles
14%
kargen27Enemy-of-ColdharbourWrathOfInnosIngenoncolossalvoidsMunkfistHlanuNowa133SkaraMinoccouriersixIron_WarriorCazadorNoticeMeArkayTyrant_TimKatzenzunge 15 votes
Create a Balance
24%
spartan62893_ESOAvalonRangerpeacenoteTheImperfectChilly-McFreezeRR_DF_RaptorRedRachaelphotoWildRaptorXJessieGoesBoomspartaxoxoHappyTheCamperXilleanDack_JanielsNorith_Gilheart_FlailGalifernoLesserCircleSoaroraBobargusLykeionTaSheen 25 votes
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. They should focus on improving/restoring combat mechanics and balance.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »

The art department?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles
    yes please.
    and no more loincloths and tassets, especially on clothing styles.
    so many nice robes are ruined by them like stags of z'en and y'ffre's will
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Gibrans
    Gibrans
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if they just got rid of hip plates lol
    IGN: Tletva
    Role: Tank
    Class: Necromancer
    CP: 1657
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles
    [snip] I don't know when they'll finally realize that hip plates aren't in.... but just them going away from that design choice would work wonders. So many chest motifs are ruined by those, especially leather and cloth ones. I'd also like to see some more flattering waistlines. A lot of the armor styles look like onesies or metal shirts tucked into leggings and I honestly wonder how most of these get okayed.

But yeah, haha. As a khajiit sorcerer I would love more clothing options to further enhance my thief spellcaster look. My current outfit is pretty fire, but he's been rocking that for about two years pretty steadily and it would be nice to have some other options to cycle through. I mean, I have five or so outfit slots.... and at most I use two of them just because the majority of motifs and outfit styles don't achieve the look I like him to have.

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 26, 2023 10:53AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick to Armor Styles
    I picked more armor because I want battle worn armor. Basically some of the same sets we have now but with dents, cuts, stains, scorch marks, gashes, rips and a variety of other things to show we've been in a fight or two. Could even make the motifs in game rewards. Kill 100 dragons and you get a shield (other gear as well) scorched by dragon fire. Fun stuff like that.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Create a Balance
    I agree I would like more clothing styles but I picked a balance because I think that would keep more people happy.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think about children. If they switched to clothing, the kids at the sweatshop making flaps and tassets would lose their jobs.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick to Armor Styles
    I would consider most light armor styles to be clothing, as they are made of cloth. Several medium armor styles and even some heavy appear more like clothing IMO. Personally I would like to see more styles that look like realistic armor, not the thematic gimmick styles we’ve been overwhelmed with.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles
    [snip] More revealing armor would also be welcome, tired of seeing people with the nord towel.

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 26, 2023 10:56AM
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles
    sarahthes wrote: »

The art department?

You heard him! Art department and every department should devote all resources specifically towards combat mechanics and balance! /s
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick to Armor Styles
    They didn't even scratched the surface for the armour, there were good precedents but they're still mostly releasing bland, uninspired and unusable stuff overall.

There's a chance to take light armour more into clothing which would fit, but clothing-clothing should probably be given through some event style pages rather than motives which ar mostly rewarded for combat, so should have a visual protection of sorts imo.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Create a Balance
    Some of everything....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles
    They need to add more for sure! More options for cosmetics is always a good thing in my book :)
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles
    There are some really great armor styles, but still an overabundance of flaps and hip plates. It would be great to have more clothing styles and also clothing / light armor like the Celeistial breeches that can create the look of an open robe or coat; the Sunpire light armor is another great unique design.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 26, 2023 4:13PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles
    Lore friendly clothing would be nice.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Create a Balance
    The war is over. Cyrodiil is empty and almost nobody is going into dungeons and trials anymore. It would make sense to get rid of all the war stuff. So instead of weapons and armor we could get some cool shovels and wheelbarrows for finishing quests? And some nice sunhats, blouses and purses. And shoes! I never liked fighting monsters to be honest, so maybe we could get rid of all the monsters too while we are at it? They always try to hurt me when i am questing. Maybe just make nicer quests. I would like to do more fishing quests. And instead of all the carnivores and creepy animals we could get nicer mounts, like real horses without freaky legs. I want a pink pony please.

Why does it always have to be either this or that? Can we not have everything everywhere all at once?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It certainly would be nice to be able to use clothing items as part of an outfit. Just adding the existing "stolen clothes" to the outfit station would be a plus. You can wear one of those items, but it cannot be used as a style. So wearing a shirt means no chest armor, for example, but it doesn't cause any visual problems, so why not allow it as an overlay?
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles
    NPC's wear clothing motifs all the time, some are available to us as grey clothing items but none of them have every been made available as motifs. I hoped after the release of Hide Shoulders, Broom and Bucket motifs they would continue the clothing direction but nothing every followed it.

I love clothing styles, because they are simple. I don't want to look like some dragon slaying Daedra vanquisher all the time. Gimme the cottage farmer look please!
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clothing - more miniskirts and high heels please :smiley:
    Edited by Arizona_Steve on September 26, 2023 8:59PM
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles

The art department?

Improving and restoring combat mechanics and balance is an artform. I'm sure they can reskin abilities exceptionally... /s

As for topic, yes please. As others have said, start by adding the clothing items we can steal to the outfit menu.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they already have a huge amount of clothing options if you count all of the "stolen" generic clothes items

i think those would be great as outfit styles, but are terrible as "equipment" because they basically mean your running around without armor instead of giving the player the option the choose and customize

it would also give more incentive to steal and or sell them to other players if it unlocked an outfit style version of that item too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles
    More more clothing styles would be fantastic. Shorts, skirts, pants, simple dresses, some simple shirts even, etc, etc.
    We're at the point where several of the armor styles are now starting to look too similar to already existing ones.
    ..And the other reason being is that combat isn't the only thing to do in this game so, eh, let's have MORE options. It's always nice to have more options. :)
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    JUSTICE FOR APEX CAMELS 🐪✨ Bring 'em back!
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ 🏹 EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🛡️ EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (Tank)
    • 👁️ 🏹 EP - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 🛡️ EP - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamNecro (Tank)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Create a Balance
    “Clothing over armor” in itself sounds awesome. Theres some styles like that but… moarrr!!! I know there’s outfits but it’d be nice to get more customization with clothing via the outfit station.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Create a Balance
    More clothing items and a mix - some that cover and some that show off body art and tattoos.
  • ikzaa
    ikzaa
    ✭✭✭✭

The art department?

Who knows, maybe they do a better job, and if they make it worse, at least they will do it with style.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a different group that handles armor, costumes, and polymorphs. The skill sets do not interchange very well.

To the OP and poll. There is not an answer I can choose. Clothing, outside of light armor motifs, will be costumes and that is mostly sold via the crown store. I expect that if Zenimax thought it was worthwhile they would offer more costumes with a clothing appearance. I doubt they would make motifs look like clothing since heavy armor should look like heavy armor.

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Clothing Styles
    More styles without: hip flaps, butt flaps, crotch flaps, or ankle to knee sock that ruin almost all the short skirts.

More strappy sandals, especially ones that go up to the knees (we only have one such sandal). More hide options to join helmets and shoulders.

I'd love to see anything they want to attach/hang from the waist (flappers, books, potion cases, pouches) attached to belts rather than chest pieces.

A hairstyle that combines the front of the sideswept bun for its softness in front with the back of the maximum ponytail for the lovely, animated ponytail without that harsh/severe front.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo