The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Removal of vanity pets

• Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want Vanity pets removed... But I sure want them to not take up inventory space.
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • stefanroeth123neb18_ESO
    I think vanity pets are the reason for Cyrodil ability lag. And for long loading screens. And they kill immersion. And they are the reason that the EU servers are still in the US. And they make vampires overpowered.

Did I forget any of the popular "OMG the world is going to end" stories of the past month? :wink:
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could add in a pet battle system. :wink:
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    korkibucek wrote: »
    I really don't see the point in vanity pets, they add nothing to the game. Everyone already has a huge collection of them from the preorder.

Should vanity pets be removed from ESO?

I'm probably going to delete my own, but there's no reason for people like you and me, who hate vanity pets, to force others not to have them. Some people really like them!

Mind you...if they could make it so I could click an option "make vanity pets invisible" I'd be super happy! I hate hearing monkeys!
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't see the point in vanity pets, they add nothing to the game. Everyone already has a huge collection of them from the preorder.
    Concur. I've no use for the things either.
    IMO, no. I'm a big advocate of choice in games like this, so if others want what you and I perceive to be worthless, let them have it.

Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please they are extremely usefull (to me) in pvp.
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could add guns to the game. You know, like hand cannons or bazookas. Then you could use the pets as ammo. That would be nifty.
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Let me guess - you dont have the willpower to delete them but are unhappy they take up inventory space.
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Splashy Scuttles gets to stay.

There is no problem with vanity pets and maps other than they take up inventory space.
  • LadyLothi
    LadyLothi
    ✭✭✭
    An option to hide those from other players would be nice, although I like the scuttles, I just dislike hearing the monkey noises.
    (I have a "beta monkey" as well but don't use it because of that)

I also second the wish to have all pets (summoned included) disabled in city areas.
    "It's easy, a child of five could do it. Unfortunately, we don't have a child of five, so I have to walk YOU through it." Abnur Tharn <3
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    Let me guess - you dont have the willpower to delete them but are unhappy they take up inventory space.

Damn. It's such a dilemma.
    I don't use them and they take up bank slots... but if I delete them I'll never get them back again. Ugh.

• Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. However, they should be changed so they don't take up a space in your bags.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a special stable for vanity pets (similar to the horse, where you have only your selected vanity pet available) so that they do not take up inventory space.

I have also experienced collision with other people's pets, mostly getting stuck by mudcrabs while mounted. They really need their collision removed. As for the sounds perhaps make the vanity pet noises less frequent, quieter and/or audible only to the player whose pet it is.

PS: 5-6 vanity pets is not a lot. Even before WoW introduced battle pets (aka WoW pokemon) I had dozens of them. They are fun to collect!
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't want to see them removed ...

They should have never taken space in your inventory; I also occassionally have collision issues with them.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pre order got two vanity pets, not lots :)
    some beta testers got a vanity pet as well for their hard work

and hey if people like them, and have even paid for them, why take that away from them, its not like they are hurting you in anyway.

well unless you actually jealous you dont have one?

spoiler, there is a quest where you get a cool little vanity pet
  • Whoville
    Whoville
    Soul Shriven
    I personally would like to have the "vanity" part removed I like the pets I just want them to do something like a 1% stat boost or some inventory space, Like my monkey I don't see him learning to use a pick or an ax any time soon but he should collect bugs and alchemy ingredients to use later.
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you want to remove something that serves no purpose, thats called 'Vanity".

..wtf? It wouldnt be called vanity if it wasnt for that reason. For vanity.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use the Vanity Pets, but I don't see any reason to remove them from the game. I do wish they would not take up inventory space.

If we ever get a house in this game, then the Vanity Pets should live there (with an option to come along for those who want that). Then I will spawn the pets, and let them live in my house. And leave them in my house.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pseudolo
    Pseudolo
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if they didn't add anymore vanity pets, but I wouldn't like it if they removed those we already have...
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine are in a bank, where they will stay for the foreseeable future.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im a selfish *** remove everything I don't like from the game.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like collision taken off of them. Sometimes when using a wayshrine I end up getting stuck on someone else's pet and can't move till they do.

This - I don't mind the pets, but the collision is really annoying. When a full grown horse trips over a silly little mudcrab, something is wrong.

I'd also like for the pets to go away/disappear when in group dungeons. They are extremely distracting, and more than once I have found myself shooting at them thinking they were another monster that needed killing.
  • thatkidjanzee
    at least make them useful. carry arond stuffs, and/or fight with you in combat.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    at least make them useful. carry arond stuffs, and/or fight with you in combat.

Vanity in vanity pet means it's useless and serves no purpose, it's there for you to show off, that's it, the whole point is they do nothing.

If you don't like that, them Vanity pets are not for you.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the vanity pets.
  • brandon.2023b14_ESO

Other people already seemed to have told you why NO is the best answer here. But let's go with this, they are working on a ui specific to vanity pets, maps, trophies and so on that allow them to be gathered and not take up bag space. Something along the lines of what WoW did with mounts and pets. This way you can have them, get rid of them, whatever you want with them and you lose no bag space for possibly the exception of initially looting it. That being said, this is you answer of yes. They have thought this through and while they wouldn't be removed from the game entirely you would have the option to not have any or having many. Vanity pets are exactly as they are called, vanity pets. Their purpose is to be cute, ugly or the like for those who wish to summon them and watch them follow you. You can use them for rp if you wanted. So to remove them entirely would definitely *** people off especially those are simply collectors and want it all. Making them more easily manageable though will make more people come to like them as they no longer take valuable inventory space. Granted this update has yet to be released but it was confirmed to be in the works.
  • Draconerus
    Draconerus
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for Necro thread, but would not to be able to do this.
    Draconerus
    Argonian - Templar Healer
    Da Funk - Officer
  • Purrmaid
    Purrmaid
    ✭✭
    I don't want them removed. And I'd have suggested general discussion or crown store discussion for this.

I love the vanity pets, I love how each has it's own sounds and behaviour and I really love picking out the one that will accompany me on my journey of the day.

I would love for settings where I wouldn't see other peoples vanity pets, y'know to help with FPS issues and whatnot. Or limit the amount of people I could see. That would help a ton!
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally love the vanity pets, but I'd like some restrictions on where they could be out. For instance, they really mess with me in a dungeons and in pvp. But if I'm questing on my own or running around the town I enjoy having them out. No real reason other than vain ones. Guess that's why it's a vanity pet...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cat Mr Pants existence is not open to debate