Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Removal of vanity pets

• korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Yevon wrote: »
    korkibucek wrote: »
    I really don't see the point in vanity pets, they add nothing to the game. Everyone already has a huge collection of them from the preorder.

Should vanity pets be removed from ESO?
    Wait so the point of this is, "I don't like them so you shouldn't have them!" Yeah, we have had too much of this already. Please stop trying to dictate what other people want and or need.

@Yevon‌

In what way is a poll dictating? Its quite the opposite.

The vanity pets annoy me especially in cyrodil and I was looking for opinions from other players. In no way enforcing my opinion on others.

I was referring to the text above your poll. I put the applicable part in bold lettering.

@Yevon‌

What you have highlighted in bold is called an opinion.

Ok so what's your point? The last line of you poll is should they be removed, I said I wish people would stop trying to dicated what others do. Seems pretty explanatory to me. *shrugs* Oh well I hope you enjoy my vanity pets, cheers.

@Yevon‌

I dont think you understand the definition of dictate.

In the way you are using it I presume you mean "state or order authoritatively."

1) I have no authority to enable me to dictate, the only people who could dictate on this issue would be ZoS.
    2) I created a poll to get peoples opinions, opposite to dictating.
  • flameweaver
    flameweaver
    ✭✭✭
    Just make them invisible to all players except the person that summons them.
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Just make them invisible to all players except the person that summons them.

@flameweaver‌ or perhaps limit the visibility of them to people on your friends list only.

• Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, the pets are fine. I'm even using the monkey for a Redguard alt (pirate/swashbuckler type of char ;) ).
    I wouldn't mind seeing an option to disable display of other's pets though.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Dominator62711
      I'm just going to jump in on this. I think vanity pets are a good idea as long as you can have one out at a time and if you could interact with them more. Like if you could create armor and weapons for them as well as have a skill tree for them. Each pet having different abilities. Being able to feed them like your mounts. As well as them growing and leveling. Tbh i'm not even sure if they level up or help fight. All I have is the monkey and its just for looks. I've never seen it fight.
    • Malediktus
      Malediktus
      ✭✭✭✭
      Worst suggestion ever. Why remove something cosmetic from the game many people enjoy?
      @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
    • silent88b14_ESO
      silent88b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Orchish wrote: »
      I dislike Bosmer, should they be removed?
      There are better paths to excellence than eliminating the competition. Not that vanity pets are the OP's competition...

Edited by silent88b14_ESO on April 2, 2014 4:08PM
      Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
    • Mazdek
      Mazdek
      ✭✭
      Have to agree with an earlier comment, gotten a few kills in Cyrodiil by sneaking up on someone who was trying to sneak around but were being followed by their pet. Its like a built in aptitude test for stealthing.
    • sflanagan21ub17_ESO
      I voted "No", but I want to throw out that they shouldn't take up either an inventory or bank slot either. Its kind of annoying that I have to consume a much needed slot for each vanity pet.

PS...I wish my monkey would sling poo. haha
    • ShinChuck
      ShinChuck
      ✭✭✭
      I'm in the pro-pet group, but collision was a bad idea. At least we know it was a glitch, and has been removed, so the "collision" argument against pets is a non-issue now!
      "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
      ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
    • Rapscallion74
      Rapscallion74
      ✭✭✭
      I cant stand vanity pets, but see no need to take them away from people that like them. That is just a *** move.

I immediately deleted my pets when the game went live.
      Edited by Rapscallion74 on April 2, 2014 6:30PM
    • foxsyd
      foxsyd
      ✭✭✭
      Just saw the patch notes (they have posted patch notes!)... says they fixed the collision that sometimes happens with pets.
      Join my guild!
      "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
      North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
      Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
    • firehawk2324
      firehawk2324
      ✭✭✭
      I really don't see the point in vanity pets, they add nothing to the game. Everyone already has a huge collection of them from the preorder.

I would actually like to ask you an honest question about this. If they don't add anything to the game, but also take nothing away, why does it matter? If you don't like them personally, don't use them. But shouldn't others, who do enjoy them (myself included) be allowed to have them? What is your real issue with them? Do you just dislike the way they look?
      Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath
    • korkibucek
      korkibucek
      ✭✭✭

I would actually like to ask you an honest question about this. If they don't add anything to the game, but also take nothing away, why does it matter? If you don't like them personally, don't use them. But shouldn't others, who do enjoy them (myself included) be allowed to have them? What is your real issue with them? Do you just dislike the way they look?

If you read my later comment on this I came to the conclusion that I would prefer an option to make them hidden.

So people who dislike them can hide them and everyone else can carry on as normal.
    • Kakatal
      Kakatal
      I took mine out, looked at it for 3 minutes then put in the bank with a sign around its neck that read "shoot me im worthless". Too much clutter anyway. People want to walk poodles and other small rat like things in RL as well doesnt mean i want to be part of THAT crowd. But hey..to eeach their own i guess.
    • cubansyrusb16_ESO
      cubansyrusb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Me and Trevor ... yes my vanity pet, hae been through so much blood shed and murdering of underpowered enemies together ... how will I live without him ?

Ok I could live without him but who would I share my mad "talk to self in dark corner while rocking back and forth" moment with ?
    • firehawk2324
      firehawk2324
      ✭✭✭

If you read my later comment on this I came to the conclusion that I would prefer an option to make them hidden.

So people who dislike them can hide them and everyone else can carry on as normal.

Sorry, I missed that. I would be okay with that. :smile:
      Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath
    • MysticAura
      MysticAura
      ✭✭✭
      Since vanity pets make some people happy, they DO in fact, add to game-play.
    • Drakzon
      Drakzon
      Leave them in - It makes tracking stealthers easier in AvA :)
    • Jennifur_Vultee
      Jennifur_Vultee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Simple solution to this issue...Zenimax adds a check box in Game Settings: Vanity Pets Visible - Yes/No

Then people who want to see them can and those who don't want to see them can simply turn them off. It works for helmets so why not with pets.
      "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
    • Hackle
      Hackle
      Should they be removed? No.
      Should there be an option to turn off vanity pets in the menu? Yes.

The vanity pets, to me, are pretty much par for the course in MMOs. Or, well, I suppose I should say select MMOs seeing as how several I've played in the past didn't have them. (That's neither here nor there, though.) And, honestly, I enjoy them!

They are pretty worthless because they are cosmetic; they add very little outside of minor entertainment value and the sense of possessive pride one gets ala the Pokemon (gotta catch'em all) feel - They're cute/annoying/dumb/whatever, but they're ours.

I love them and want to keep them forever and always, but I also respect that others really dislike them and wish they were gone, so I just hope that there will be an option to hide them will be implemented at some point. I'd also really like for them to have their own "collectables" tab in the bank so they'd stop taking up what precious little space I have left (that isn't filled with crafting items that I share over the breadth of my characters).
      amat victoria curam
    • Knight150
      Knight150
      ✭✭✭
      Why ?
    • savinel
      savinel
      ✭✭
      Vanity pets aren't my thing but I know people who are fanatical about collecting them. That's fine.

What I would like is an option to not see other people's vanity pets.
      Today's main: Hits Like Wet Noodle, Argonian Templar, Ebonheart Pact

.. and stop calling me "Vestige!"
    • Grand_Wazoo
      Grand_Wazoo
      ✭✭✭
      I really don't care about vanity pets. The idea of vanity being enhanced by a rodent relentlessly pursuing me throughout Tamriel is a little creepy. I personally think it prudent to kill every monkey and mudcrab I encounter, and feel I am doing Tamriel a service by doing so. My "pets" currently are taking up space in my bank account; a situation I may soon remedy when the servers are back up.
    • Tigger62077
      Tigger62077
      ✭✭
      I'd like for them to not take up bag space (or bank space). Let me learn them, and be done with it. Give them to any character I create automatically instead of making me save them.
    • korkibucek
      korkibucek
      ✭✭✭
      I'd like for them to not take up bag space (or bank space). Let me learn them, and be done with it. Give them to any character I create automatically instead of making me save them.

Yea I don't get that, along with the maps.

I destroyed them all, pets + maps, waste of space.
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Heindrich wrote: »
      I don't like the pets available right now... but if they ever make a little pseudo dragon pet (think Mushu in Mulan!) then I'm never goin' anywhere without him! :p

EQ2 drake/drakota.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Drakota
    • Ri_Dariit
      Ri_Dariit
      ✭✭✭

Those monkeys are friggin annoying.

This one has noticed the monkey playing with itself, highly vulgar. For men and mer that does not want pet, it simply can throw it away, no bother for anyone. No pound for abandoned animals available, not death penalty for drop-offs. Ri'Dariit frowns upon disposing of Alfiq, but hideous dog creatures, you must kill, not dispose.
      Edited by Ri_Dariit on April 4, 2014 9:06AM
      Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
    • robacooperb16_ESO
      robacooperb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      I LOVE the vanity pets and I absolutely want to see them stay in... it makes hunting so much easier on Cyrodil ;) (pets don't stealth)
      The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.
    • StrangerFull
      StrangerFull
      ✭✭✭
      Remove vanity pets from your inventory and bank if you dislike this and you trouble will be solved.