The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Lycanthropy and Vampirism (In progress) Update 2 -4/2/14-

• Pravus
    Pravus
    ✭✭
    Anyone try the vampire quest and if its easy? I watched a video on the quest but then in the same place the person was killing enemies and stuff so I wasn't sure if it was mandatory or not to do that and if it would be easy for around level 10 - 15 players (even though the mob levels are 35 -42 i think)
    Options
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pravus wrote: »
    Anyone try the vampire quest and if its easy? I watched a video on the quest but then in the same place the person was killing enemies and stuff so I wasn't sure if it was mandatory or not to do that and if it would be easy for around level 10 - 15 players (even though the mob levels are 35 -42 i think)
    The Mob is lvl 42. I did it at lvl 20. I tried at 10 but got killed in 2 hits. If you are going to try at low lvl I would suggest heavy armor so you last long enough to try :smiley:
    Options
  • Pravus
    Pravus
    ✭✭
    The Mob is lvl 42. I did it at lvl 20. I tried at 10 but got killed in 2 hits. If you are going to try at low lvl I would suggest heavy armor so you last long enough to try :smiley:
    Okay will do, since apparently werwolves are spawning now I have a week or so tell the bloodfiends respawn so I'll be around that level by then :)

Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you're bitten how long does the disease stay? Is it until cured or embraced or is there a shelf life?
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did this thread die or something?

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I guess so since everyone knows how to do it now.
    Options
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess so since everyone knows how to do it now.

That's a pity then, this was looking to shape up to be a prime source of info.

House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
    Options
  • Pucel
    Pucel
    Once you're bitten how long does the disease stay? Is it until cured or embraced or is there a shelf life?
    Please someone answer this.

Im lvl 12 and need some levels until i can kill the quest mobs

Options
  • Pravus
    Pravus
    ✭✭
    I just became a vampire at level 15. Those who are nightblades and use the bow my best advice is to stock up on magicka potions and food that increase your stamina and when fighting the enemy use venom arrow for the first few hits to draw him foward and possibly stun him then as he gets closer use impale and scater shot when they get close to keep pushing him back, keep doing this and if your magicka gets low use your potions and you should be fine.
    Options
  • stylernaku
    stylernaku
    ✭✭✭
    Infernia wrote: »
    I had no idea Lycanthropy or Vampirism was possible until I tried to do some night fishing in the starting area for the dark elves. I kept getting an error message that I could not fish while a werewolf. (sorry I don't remember the exact wording). Level 6 at the time.
    I have no idea how I contracted it or I'd add my information. The only thing I can say for sure is that I went from the area after Coldharbour to the docks. From there I went back to my familiar map from Beta. I didn't even touch a mob until I was running through the snow.

Woah, woah, WOAH, hang on.

Why can't werewolves fish. That's discriminatory right there. Right I've had enough! Petition starting right here: EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WEREWOLVES. THEY WANT FISH TOO!

Options
  • macinley1ub17_ESO
    Pucel wrote: »

As far as i have seen the bite itself will go away after a day or so but as long as you pick up the quest before then you should be ok. My girl friend was too low to do the quest at the time but kept it in her log so even after it went away she is still able to enter the shrine portal and do it all. Hasn't finished it yet though.

I would go up to the point in the quest where you have to fight something and just save it til you get a high enough level to finish.
    Options
  • Jbirdx90
    Jbirdx90
    Anyone have any strategy on how to beat the Werewolf quest for either the two trolls, mammoth or snake? Just general strategy and for lower levels trying to complete the quest
    Options
  • Pravus
    Pravus
    ✭✭

As far as i have seen the bite itself will go away after a day or so but as long as you pick up the quest before then you should be ok. My girl friend was too low to do the quest at the time but kept it in her log so even after it went away she is still able to enter the shrine portal and do it all. Hasn't finished it yet though.

I would go up to the point in the quest where you have to fight something and just save it til you get a high enough level to finish.

I finished the quest at level 15 and I have the skill tree and all that but i'm still able to go back and get the quest again.... not sure why.
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the bite since sunday on my DK, and the quest sitting in my quest log - still got the run-speed buff as well. DK is only lvl 8

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • redsatyr86_ESO
    makong wrote: »
    Daggerfall: Bangkorai, eastern areas and random spawn locations. Cycles of moon do not matter.

Aldmeri Dominion: Reaper's March, North East area

Ebonheart Pact: The Rift

Some would say New moon for vamp and Full moon for were but it doesn't matter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhDBGxZr2Os

That just looks like it's a bug...
    Options
  • cauxiq
    cauxiq
    ✭✭✭
    thayertr wrote: »
    I'm curious how lowbies are completing the WW hunting grounds quest. Seems pretty impossible until at least 30.
    I'm 18 and getting stomped by the troll you have to kill

Most likely getting their friends to help them do it
    I wish. Hircine's quest is instanced :(

The frost troll is a non-elite boss that's realitivly easy to take down (did it at level 25 and others did it at 21). Try resetting the quest until you get that one!
    Edited by cauxiq on April 10, 2014 2:53PM
    ★ Namira's Test Group | House Dathromir | ESO Blog
    ✧*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*☆*:。.:・*·.✧.·*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*☆*:。.:・*·.✧.·*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*✧
    Options
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    WW spawn in riften northeast of Nimalten just fyi.
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
    Options
  • Pravus
    Pravus
    ✭✭
    Yes the moon cycle does not matter. I was infected with vampirism when it was a half moon/ first quarter and seen werewolves around the same for the moon cycle.
    Options
  • TheGoodShepherd
    Omar_Comin wrote: »
    What is your twitch name? So I can check it out.

When the servers come back up I will stream again.

Mind doing it again or PMing me ? dont have a twitch =/
    Options
  • Locksoli
    Locksoli
    ✭✭
    I've been looking for the werewolf spawns in bangkorai, and I haven't seen much yet. I know that moon phases don't matter, but that they mostly likely come out at night only. Does anybody know were they would be found most in bangkorai?
    Options
  • Spriggen
    Spriggen
    ✭✭✭
    @Pravus How does the moon cycle not matter? Do more details?
    Vampires and Werewolfs are all over the map.
    Edited by Spriggen on April 11, 2014 12:36PM
    Options
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Earlier today (today being Friday April 11 in case someone decides not to look at the date of this post) werewolves spawned in numerous places across Reaper's March (AD territory, NA server). I, along with many other people online at the time, were successful in becoming werewolves.

I feel the need to point this out because, at the time, the moon phase was waxing, not full. Many, many people are of the belief that werewolves only spawn during full moon and vampires only spawn during new moons. That was thrown out the window today.

It was actually funny, for a time, because, at first, people in zone chat thought the people reporting werewolf sightings were just trolling (since it wasn't a full moon). Eventually, though, the sighting reports grew in number as more werewolf spawns were discovered and people started to get themselves infected.
    Options
  • Roboboy2710
    Roboboy2710
    ✭✭
    Yes the moon cycle does not matter. I was infected with vampirism when it was a half moon/ first quarter and seen werewolves around the same for the moon cycle.

Thank Khenarthi!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
    Options
  • Roboboy2710
    Roboboy2710
    ✭✭
    Now, what level must I reach to get to Reapers March, (currently level 14 and rising fast) and where are good places to look?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
    Options
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Now, what level must I reach to get to Reapers March, (currently level 14 and rising fast) and where are good places to look?

I've seen level 6 players in Reaper's March trying to get bitten by vampires or werewolves. Keep in mind, however, that if you attempt it at that low of a level you might have quite a hard time finishing the quest that comes after being bitten.
    Options
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Earlier today (today being Friday April 11 in case someone decides not to look at the date of this post) werewolves spawned in numerous places across Reaper's March (AD territory, NA server). I, along with many other people online at the time, were successful in becoming werewolves.

I feel the need to point this out because, at the time, the moon phase was waxing, not full. Many, many people are of the belief that werewolves only spawn during full moon and vampires only spawn during new moons. That was thrown out the window today.

It was actually funny, for a time, because, at first, people in zone chat thought the people reporting werewolf sightings were just trolling (since it wasn't a full moon). Eventually, though, the sighting reports grew in number as more werewolf spawns were discovered and people started to get themselves infected.

Same thing in Bangkorai. We were expecting vamps because of the new moon but then they had server maintenance right in the middle of the night cycle. After, it was a half moon and we got WWs later on. They were in a different spot also not to far away from the original spot.
    Edited by 7788b14_ESO on April 12, 2014 4:07AM
    Options
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I finished the quest at level 15 and I have the skill tree and all that but i'm still able to go back and get the quest again.... not sure why.

I have a level 20 DK and noticed I could still do the quest over also. I read if you get it from npc's it doesn't go away which is why they have a quest to remove it. I also read if bitten by a player it would go away after some days. Can't confirm.
    Options
  • nehelorne
    nehelorne
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't read this whole thread yet so I don't know if someone else has locations for Aldmeri Dominion up.

Spoilers warning! I posted this to reddit, but here is just the screenshot for the locations.

http://imgur.com/3P8Q4Ps

I believe anyone who wants this infection should try it out. Good luck everyone!
    Edited by nehelorne on April 13, 2014 5:38AM
    Options
  • Serge
    Serge
    ✭✭
    I manage to become a werewolf two days ago. In the video below you can see werewolf spawn location in the Rift, and I also made a comprehensive guide with screenshots of known spawn locations for all factions. Good hunt!

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-werewolf-eso/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g_JbDSi0Vs
    Options