The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• Faeldorn
    Faeldorn
    This just happened to me as well. I lost most of my collectors edition / pre-order pets and maps, and a bunch of crafting stuff too. Now I'm afraid to use the bank at all anymore.
  • Mizphit
    Mizphit
    Same, did cells lvl 12-15 dungeon. (forgot all names of instances) Left cells and deposited items. went and did next 2 12-15 instances. left to go deposit items. 90/90 items gone. had no gold in bank. but had TONS of items. :( add me to the investigating list please.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @Faeldorn and @Mizphit, we've added you to the list of folks we're helping with this issue. Thanks for letting us know.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Aria
    Aria
    ✭✭✭
    Please add me also!

I did not lose any of the pre order / imperial items (they are still in mail) but did have some stacks of crafting materials as well as a few rare odds and ends go missing.

I was logged out when it happened if that matters, only noticed it because when I logged back in was able to deposit more items that I should have had space for.
    Removed the 10 items I had placed into the bank (after the incident) as I wanted to make sure their was room for the original items that went missing, once the issue is resolved.
    Edited by Aria on April 2, 2014 4:11AM
    Silver Dragon Legion
    "The adult, casual no drama guild you've been waiting for!"
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • cooper336b14_ESO
    uhhh looks like someone had a bug and it put them on my account when they logged in check out this post http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/21yvux/shortly_after_system_message_about_disabled/
  • cooper336b14_ESO
    omg.... that needs to be fixed
    he has a screen shot of being on my account yet he logged in on his own account info. makes sense why my bank and everything was wiped clean
  • Niria
    Niria
    I also lost a full bank of items. Maps, crafting materials, armor, etc. I banked some items, ran out to quest for a bit, came back an hour later and it was all gone. Completely empty :( Ticket # 140401-055674
    Edited by Niria on April 2, 2014 3:11AM
  • Rhevion
    Rhevion
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌, I logged in and I was seeing 0/60 items and 0 deposited gold in my bank. I logged onto another character and was able to see my banked items, but still had 0 gold. I had banked 3k gold between Sunday and yesterday. I know the problem is being worked on, but I just wanted to get my issue on the list.

Thanks for all of the hard work you all are putting in!
  • mrwilson714_ESO
    mrwilson714_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    My bank was showing 0 items on an alt. After re-logging I had 60 slots and my items appear to be there. I had already upgraded to 70, so I am missing 10 slots. Also, maybe related. I got another email with the monkey and maps. I thought we only got that once per account. This email came immediately after the re-log of my alt.
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    My bank shows 0 items on all 3 of my characters. No personnal inventory was NOT touched that i could tell.

I got a second crab in the mail after that has a different name then my first one. However didn't recieve the other stuff. This also happened right after they turned the mail system off.
  • anoobgirl
    anoobgirl
    Please add me to the list of people affected by this bug. All of my bank items and one of my pre-order pets, the mud crab I think, have disappeared from my personal bank.
  • lyrradb16_ESO
    lyrradb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure if its the same problem, but all my items disappeared, my banked gold disappeared, and my bank size reset from 80 to 60, at the same time I received all the imperial and explorer edition items in the mail. Then about 5 minutes later my bank items reappeared but the gold is still missing and the size is still 60. I sent an in game ticket, but forgot to write down the reference number.
  • FlatFeet
    FlatFeet
    ✭✭✭
    omg.... that needs to be fixed
    he has a screen shot of being on my account yet he logged in on his own account info. makes sense why my bank and everything was wiped clean

That would be me!

I ended up logged in to your account, and my inventory was switched with yours (not the bank though). I banked everything so I can get it back to you once mail is working again, but if your bank was wiped out as a result I didn't end up with any of it.

Please restore his stuff!

ZOS, if you need an account of what happened from my end let me know, but my Reddit post basically covers it. Hopefully this helps you track down HOW this happened!
  • kestrel_mpb16_ESO
    Had logged out. Logged back in. All items missing from my bank. I had all of the vanity pets in the bank, plus crafting items, etc. Oddly, I've received new emails (duplicates?) for some, but not all of the pets. Received duplicate maps, though I did not lose those when my bank emptied, as I'd withdrawn them on an alt character. So now I'm showing 2 sets of the CE maps. However, 50+ items gone from a 70 slot bank.

Also, while waiting with a customer service tab open, was logged out for inactivity, but I can't play with the tab open? /sigh
    Edited by kestrel_mpb16_ESO on April 2, 2014 3:48AM
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    The entire contents of my bank - 70/70 items - disappeared after I switched characters. The character switch that apparently triggered the loss could not complete on the first try, I was stuck on the loading screen for 5-10 minutes so I had to Alt-F4 and try again. When I logged back in, everything was gone.
  • Mizphit
    Mizphit
    seeming to me, since I got the pets again in mail. They had us setup for 5day and 3 day early access, but only wiped bank on the 3day start. just me putting 2cents in
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    pets in the mail again seems to be a weird side effect of whatever is going on. Dont know why some would recieve one and other more.
  • Beast
    Beast
    Please add me to the list @Beastly. For awhile everything in my bank was missing. After logging in and out a few times (with a few login errors) my bank inventory finally returned, but I lost the gold I had in my bank and I also lost my bank upgrade I purchased. I had purchased the first upgrade and had 1,000 gold in my bank. Both are gone.

Edit: Also lost two recipes that were in my bank so not sure what else I lost.
    Edited by Beast on April 2, 2014 4:27AM
  • berkajerk
    berkajerk
    ✭✭
    Just lost my entire bank account. Please add @berkajerk to the list. Many many crafting materials lost. Very upsetting. I can handle quest bugs. But losing 17 levels worth of crafting material is not acceptable.
  • Ovidius
    Ovidius
    Soul Shriven
    Add me as well please. After logging out and attempting to log in a different character and getting an error I closed the program. When I logged back in everything in my bank was gone. Thanks.
  • Butter044
    Butter044
    Soul Shriven
    Just had the exact same thing happen to me. Finished up a Spindleclutch dungeon run and got a message saying that I "failed to transfer" when trying to leave the dungeon. When I logged out and logged back in, I went back to town to sell/repair. My entire bank was gone, almost 70 items including 5 purple Aspect and 1 gold Aspect rune along with a ton of materials for Blacksmithing and Enchanting. Hopefully they can get this resolved, filed a ticket as well.
  • ml_182b16_ESO
    Same Issue here. All Items in my bank are gone.
    Edited by ml_182b16_ESO on April 2, 2014 4:35AM
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too have had this just happen to me. Please help! @BBSooner

After questing through Bleakrock Isle, I finally made it to mainland Morrowind. A friend of mine was looking to trade some crafting materials, so I got to my bank, and it's empty. I put in a ticket and tried to contact in-game support but had to log due to how late it is.
    Edited by BBSooner on April 2, 2014 4:40AM
  • Arkurin244167
    Just happened to me after i made a new character. The game was stuck at "Requesting Character Load", after a few minutes i alt tabbed and right clicked and closed the game. Came back in my char was made but everything in my bank was gone.
  • white_622_ESO
    white_622_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Please add me to the investigation list too, all my bank items are gone too.
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: I've tried submitting a ticket in game, but got a cookie-cutter lecture on how to use the bank. It is as if some of the Zenimax customer service agents are offshore and cannot read English. Waiting for a live agent in Chat is taking forever. Is there any other way to report it? This thread at least got an acknowledgement from Zenimax, but I'm not sure they are still monitoring it.
  • ckcookyub17_ESO
    I got stuck at log in screen. When I signed in my Alt was no longer standing in bank, but was face down in water needing revival. Revived Alt and returned to bank. Bank is empty all 60 items missing.
  • berkajerk
    berkajerk
    ✭✭
    It seems to have something to do with having to close the game process while it's running. I also got stuck in a loading screen and had to kill the game process. Later on when I checked my bank I was wiped out completely. I never changed to any alts(don't have any). Just had to relog a couple times to get back into the game.
  • Nazmar
    Nazmar
    ✭✭
    Add me to your list as well. One minute my bank is there completely full, the next its all gone. I have tried the ingame support chat and get kicked out of the game after 2 minutes of having the chat up. I did submit an email support ticket as well. Thanks

EDIT: After reading a few posts after mine. I too received a few ingame mails with the preorder items. It was my 1st time getting them as I preordered mine through Amazon as a Imp retail addition. I wasn't expecting the ingame items until I added my retail code. Hope this helps.
    Edited by Nazmar on April 2, 2014 5:08AM
  • Funkadelic
    This just happened to me; everything in my bank is gone. Before it happened I was doin an instanced main story quest and DCed a few times. When I got out and went back to town my bank was clear.