ESO Plus Free Trial Going On Now!

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
0rjw5w9ltbr5.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Enjoy Unlimited Crafting Space, DLC Access, And More During The ESO Plus Free Trial"

"Discover the benefits of ESO Plus™ membership during a free trial period from now until August 3!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on August 4, 2023 1:36PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kewl.
    Options
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noice
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! And just in time for Zeal of Zenithar! :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rad, thanks!
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Kevin , Just to clear up this up for some members of the community, the trial doesn't compensate / add on time for existing subscribers does it?

Some are very adamant that it does and now I'm no longer sure myself.
    Edited by jad11mumbler on July 27, 2023 7:26PM
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Kevin , Just to clear up this up for some members of the community, the trial doesn't compensate / add on time for existing subscribers does it?

I've dropped and renewed my sub several times over the years and never seen any indication that any extra days were added due to free ESO+ trials during my subbed times.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

You are correct, time is not added during the trial period to your existing subscription.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the confirmation.

I was pretty sure it didn't but there's some arguing otherwise.
    Edited by jad11mumbler on July 27, 2023 8:04PM
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
    Options
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the stars align and your sub would renew during the free trial you could cancel the renewal and reset it aftet the trial.
    Options
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

WHAT! Get something for free that you already have? COME ON!! They already have you paying for it, soooooo no.
    You know, back in the day ZoS would toss the ESO+ subscribers a bone. BUT NOT NO MORE! Cause we have evolved passed that.
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that's been the case in the most recent ESO+ events as well?
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

WHAT! Get something for free that you already have? COME ON!! They already have you paying for it, soooooo no.
    You know, back in the day ZoS would toss the ESO+ subscribers a bone. BUT NOT NO MORE! Cause we have evolved passed that.

I found the solution though. Only play during free ESO+ events.
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on a new account, like the Epic store pick up, go to every zone, group dungeon, and trial. Some give you freebies like pets, personality, or costumes just for entering them.
    Options
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow I can actually start playing the game again and also open 1000+ anniversary event boxes, rewards for the worthy and pelenial boxes.
    Options
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭

ESO+ subscribers get monthly crowns and reduced prices for items in the crown store. The trial just gives people a flavour with a craft bag (useful) and experience boost and access to DLCs (that could be useful for some). Access to DLC dungeons is a downside for those of us who aren't experts who usually do random dungeons for fun.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    Access to DLC dungeons is a downside for those of us who aren't experts who usually do random dungeons for fun.

I view it as an excellent time to fill in the stickerbook.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • gstewy2ub17_ESO
    It would be nice if there was a priority log in for subs during this free week, I have hit a queue every login, and of course the game likes to crash every time you change toons. the log in queue today totally sucks I have been stuck at 1 second for ten minutes.(yes I closed the log in and restarted it, took almost 5 minutes to go from 13 seconds to 1 second.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if there was a priority log in for subs during this free week, I have hit a queue every login, and of course the game likes to crash every time you change toons. the log in queue today totally sucks I have been stuck at 1 second for ten minutes.(yes I closed the log in and restarted it, took almost 5 minutes to go from 13 seconds to 1 second.

It's an ESO+ Free Trial, not a Free-to-Play trial though.

But yes, even PS NA is getting login queues. It's kinda weird. been like this since yesterday afternoon.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an ESO+ Free Trial, not a Free-to-Play trial though.

But yes, even PS NA is getting login queues. It's kinda weird. been like this since yesterday afternoon.

I know it's ESO+ free trial, but I find it weird that I feel more gold sellers activity for some reason
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lebkuchen wrote: »

On PC. But even console is getting (short) login queues (when we basically never do) and server errors, which makes me think this goes beyond just the Epic thing (which would not affect consoles).
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • oregonrob
    oregonrob
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe in the future, when offering the game free, do not have an event (Zenithar), and a free trial for ESO+ occur at the same time? It is clear that the servers cannot handle the increased load. At this point, I am interested in what Zenimax is going to do to fix this. Not acknowledging the problem is not the best marketing approach. It alienates new users, and existing users.
    Options
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"until Thursday, July 27 at 11AM EDT"
    Already ended a couple days ago.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    Options
  • Panthermic
    Panthermic
    ✭✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »

People don't let the facts get in their way. :smiley:
    Options
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oregonrob wrote: »
    Not acknowledging the problem is not the best marketing approach.

Maybe for other companies. For ZOS…

this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-looking-around-qsu71qsrg0icjlce.gif

Edited by RevJJ on July 30, 2023 4:55AM
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panthermic wrote: »

Actually the fact that it was free last week is important imho. It was not a temporary free to play thing. You could create an account for free, and after that week keep playing the game forever. So we have a whole bunch of new players, they suddenly get free access to ESO+ and an event on top of that.

That's going to pump the numbers, you can't deny that.
    Options
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    Will have been better if it was posible to log in at the server.
    Error 103, error 201 and if we are lucky to get inside we are in queue and after queue stop we maybe log in and sometimes it just mess up or many times is more the right word.
    We pay for this ?
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
    Options
  • Panthermic
    Panthermic
    ✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »

Actually the fact that it was free last week is important imho.

Actually, what I was referring to, the fact is that the giveaway ended on July 27 and that the "game is free at the moment" was posted 2 days later, on July 29.
    It was not a temporary free to play thing. You could create an account for free, and after that week keep playing the game forever.

Nobody said otherwise. :smile:
    So we have a whole bunch of new players, they suddenly get free access to ESO+ and an event on top of that.

I don't and didn't deny that we have a bunch of new players--queue is proof of that--, but ESO+ Trial doesn't make more than we have already. ESO+ Trial applied to full accounts only regardless of whether it's new or old. ESO+ Trial doesn't give access to the trial--free to try event--accounts, thus it won't pump the number higher than it is already. IMO
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually the fact that it was free last week is important imho.

Actually, what I was referring to, the fact is that the giveaway ended on July 27 and that the "game is free at the moment" was posted 2 days later, on July 29.

I know, I'm just pointing out that it does in fact matter for the numbers. Their statement might not be factually correct, but the message behind it (namely: the numbers are higher than normal) has truth in it..
    It was not a temporary free to play thing. You could create an account for free, and after that week keep playing the game forever.

Nobody said otherwise. :smile:

I know, but since people are used to temporary free play periods I am pointing it out.
    So we have a whole bunch of new players, they suddenly get free access to ESO+ and an event on top of that.

I don't and didn't deny that we have a bunch of new players--queue is proof of that--, but ESO+ Trial doesn't make more than we have already. ESO+ Trial applied to full accounts only regardless of whether it's new or old. ESO+ Trial doesn't give access to the trial--free to try event--accounts, thus it won't pump the number higher than it is already. IMO

The ESO+ trial does matter. When people get free ESO+ they get access to things they don't normally have access to. This doesn't only include zones, dungeons and the craftbag, but also systems. I noticed my alt account can now use the Jewelry crafting station, antiquities, Tales of Tribute and I'm not sure about companions. This will make people stick around longer to use the advantages that ESO+ has to offer. It doesn't matter that much for the server how many accounts are registred on it. It matters for the server how many people are online at the same moment and right now that's a lot more because of those three things coming together (event, new players on free accounts through Epic gaming and temporary free ESO+ for everyone including those new players).
    Options
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this be the cause of the current login problems?

Having a freebie and the recent Epic FTP week seems to to have added a lot of new players === GOOD.

Inability of the current system to handle the influx of new players === BAD!

Incompetence and failure to predict the technical problems? === VERY BAD IMHO
    Options