The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Monsters in dungeons give 3 exp

• Weevah
    Weevah
    ✭✭✭
    Not having access to dungeons for leveling has really ruined my initial experience with this game.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weevah wrote: »
    Not having access to dungeons for leveling has really ruined my initial experience with this game.

Me too. I'm trying to enjoy myself, but talking to my friends while we all do our solo quests is really getting dull.
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »

Me too. I'm trying to enjoy myself, but talking to my friends while we all do our solo quests is really getting dull.

I couldn't agree more. It's beautiful and everything, but gets kind of dull soloing so much.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Michan
    Michan
    ✭✭
    Confirmed that they give 7xp each at lv30, on lv30 dungeons, with lv29-30 people. o_O
  • Ahnuk
    Ahnuk
    ✭✭
    What a real shame...

Dungeons are the multiplayer's core in any MMORPG. Without them, you are left with a single player game.

I, for what is worth, am having second thoughts on continuing to play this game as for a healer, playing this game is nothing more than a really dull experience.
  • Weevah
    Weevah
    ✭✭✭
    Ahnuk wrote: »
    What a real shame...

Dungeons are the multiplayer's core in any MMORPG. Without them, you are left with a single player game.

I, for what is worth, am having second thoughts on continuing to play this game as for a healer, playing this game is nothing more than a really dull experience.

Funny you should say that, I was just today considering playing a previous MMO because I miss the healing so much.

We are obviously on the same page in many ways Ahnuk :)
  • Michan
    Michan
    ✭✭
    The dungeons in this game aren't really dungeons. I'm sorry to burst peoples hype about it... but, it's just a group quest that you do to get achievement and a mediocre exp from that quest. Loot can be better if you farm continously mobs in open world. And you can craft legendary armor, so if no VR10 can tell me what's good about V dungeons, I'm staying skeptic about this game.
  • Weevah
    Weevah
    ✭✭✭
    Michan wrote: »
    The dungeons in this game aren't really dungeons.

My initial reaction was to disagree yet the more I think about it, you may be right.

But, apart from the lack of exp and poor loot, the overall structure is very similar to dungeons I've done in previous games. My role as a healer - virtually identical. And they are a lot of fun, I find.

Such wasted potential.
  • tapikoks
    tapikoks
    As full healer I find this no xp dungeon issue very sad. Some quests and areas are pretty hard for my class. I thought no problem Im gonna power level some dungeons to make my solo progression easier. No way. No xp for me. As someone who dedicated his role to support team over dd I think Devs are punishing me for not using dd build. Its pitiful. Im level 22 templar and I think in order to faster progress I need to change my build for high dps one... How lame is this? Also pvp area is bugged and I cant join if Im using graphic settings better then low and I refuse to play on low cos game looks awful. So right now I can get xp only while doing solo quests. And its slower and harder for me then for dd players. Thank you devs I guess none of you were leveling to max as full healer.
    Edited by tapikoks on April 16, 2014 6:43AM
  • Weevah
    Weevah
    ✭✭✭
    tapikoks wrote: »
    As full healer I find this no xp dungeon issue very sad. Some quests and areas are pretty hard for my class. I thought no problem Im gonna power level some dungeons to make my solo progression easier. No way. No xp for me. As someone who dedicated his role to support team over dd I think Devs are punishing me for not using dd build. Its pitiful. Im level 22 templar and I think in order to faster progress I need to change my build for high dps one... How lame is this? Also pvp area is bugged and I cant join if Im using graphic settings better then low and I refuse to play on low cos game looks awful. So right now I can get xp only while doing solo quests. And its slower and harder for me then for dd players. Thank you devs I guess none of you were leveling to max as full healer.

This is exactly correct! I face the same issue tapikoks.

Why should we be penalized for wanting to support others?

I started a thread about it (see forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/76460/healer-builds-unviable-for-leveling/p1) and would appreciate your support there.
  • Bell
    Bell
    I can see where the developers are coming from when they want you to basically only quest until max.lvl (and veteran lvl 10). This is the route that takes the most time to complete which gives them more time to finish endgame content (and also keeps you subbed for longer, which is of course their ultimate goal with this game). I understand that they don't want people to lvl quicker than the time they need to finish said endgame content (Craglorn for instance).

But on the other hand I find it ridiculous to punish grouping so severely (In an MMO grouping is probably the part that should yield the most for the player since it takes more effort than just playing Han-style).

There needs to be some middle ground. If they found that lvling via dungeons gave too much xp then they should alter it in a way that the a dungeon run would yield as much xp as questing for the same amount of time would do. I could be wrong, since I don't have the date, but I don't think that yielding 3 xp per mob is this middle ground they try to find.
  • Weevah
    Weevah
    ✭✭✭
    Bell wrote: »
    I can see where the developers are coming from when they want you to basically only quest until max.lvl (and veteran lvl 10). This is the route that takes the most time to complete which gives them more time to finish endgame content (and also keeps you subbed for longer, which is of course their ultimate goal with this game). I understand that they don't want people to lvl quicker than the time they need to finish said endgame content (Craglorn for instance).

But on the other hand I find it ridiculous to punish grouping so severely (In an MMO grouping is probably the part that should yield the most for the player since it takes more effort than just playing Han-style).

There needs to be some middle ground. If they found that lvling via dungeons gave too much xp then they should alter it in a way that the a dungeon run would yield as much xp as questing for the same amount of time would do. I could be wrong, since I don't have the date, but I don't think that yielding 3 xp per mob is this middle ground they try to find.

I do agree with this.

I don't expect dungeon leveling to be any faster. If it was a little slower than questing I'd still do it exclusively and there are others that feel the same.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to play support roles.

Please fix this Zen.
  • troiano62ub17_ESO
    By the way, this is the main reason I quit playing the game (I didn't put in my credit card info when they pulled the 30 days free with credit card stunt).

Quest treadmills with dozens of meaningless quests by meaningless NPCs isn't my idea of fun. Running up to a dozen arrows, pressing E, then turning in the dozen flowers you collected to "help some random NPC make a soup" is pretty much the bottom of the barrel as far as enjoyment goes.
  • Weevah
    Weevah
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, this is the main reason I quit playing the game (I didn't put in my credit card info when they pulled the 30 days free with credit card stunt).

Quest treadmills with dozens of meaningless quests by meaningless NPCs isn't my idea of fun. Running up to a dozen arrows, pressing E, then turning in the dozen flowers you collected to "help some random NPC make a soup" is pretty much the bottom of the barrel as far as enjoyment goes.

This is not far from the truth, in my view.
  • tylerbourassab16_ESO
    I'd like to see xp in dungeons on par with questing. I always feel like I'm wasting my time doing a dungeon! !!
  • Khuul99
    Khuul99
    ✭✭
    ah, yah will start sending in tickets myself :)
  • Nina
    Nina
    Vanity is correct i do not want people to just be busting dungeons all the time for xp but at the same time if they do so what the sooner they all rage about content and quit the better the community will be. I do find it a shame so many people whine this is the best early access i have ever played and i have played many. . . Many many.

If you can complain this hard and throw your toys out of the pram over some minor issues like "omg the xp isnt enough for me" then real life is going to be tough for you because its full of dissapointments lol. Enjoy what the game does have not dont just focus on the teething problems eh.
    This is kind of like saying that if people doesn't like their car/shoes/dress will they use it longer...

And the "I don't want to see" part...Seriously!

• Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nina wrote: »
    Vanity is correct i do not want people to just be busting dungeons all the time for xp but at the same time if they do so what the sooner they all rage about content and quit the better the community will be. I do find it a shame so many people whine this is the best early access i have ever played and i have played many. . . Many many.

If you can complain this hard and throw your toys out of the pram over some minor issues like "omg the xp isnt enough for me" then real life is going to be tough for you because its full of dissapointments lol. Enjoy what the game does have not dont just focus on the teething problems eh.
    This is kind of like saying that if people doesn't like their car/shoes/dress will they use it longer...

Some people want to control what others do, it's strange.

I would never lobby for the removal of quest exp. I'd feel really self centered doing so.

• Weevah
    Weevah
    ✭✭✭

I would never lobby for the removal of quest exp. I'd feel really self centered doing so.

Maybe we SHOULD start calling for quest exp removal. Why should we be the only ones required to defend our play style?

• Glithanes
    Glithanes
    ✭✭
    signed this is Articous and needs to be fixed corrected asap, last checked this was a pve game and pvp game not just pvp game and quest game dungeons are huge part s of it a lot of players spend a lot time down in dungeons.

The exp needs to be bumped up by atleast 60-70% percent more in line with the rest of the exp in the game.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, i really need incentives to run dungeons more than once.

Even a repeatable daily quest for each dungeons would do the trick if ZOS really want to keep the mob exp low for those.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe we SHOULD start calling for quest exp removal. Why should we be the only ones required to defend our play style?

It's crazy that it's come to this. Why are they arbitrarily punishing the multiplayer playstyle in an mmo?

They are really screwing the pooch on this and it's totally unnecessary.
  • rusila22
    rusila22
    ✭✭✭
    currently dungeons are not fun (i'm vet5). Make it 5man and a little more easier(nerf loot so people won't farm it). i repeat again Players are here to enjoy doing dungeons. Currently most of us are frustrating :(
    Rusila CP :600
    Title : Monster Hunter
    Currently : Beta Tester in Morrowind
  • Weevah
    Weevah
    ✭✭✭
    rusila22 wrote: »
    currently dungeons are not fun (i'm vet5). Make it 5man and a little more easier(nerf loot so people won't farm it). i repeat again Players are here to enjoy doing dungeons. Currently most of us are frustrating :(

I can't help but feel that if some players had dungeoned their way to 50 (if it pleased them to do so) you would have a player base with better group skills. Which may have helped with the above in the initial learning phase.

It's not surprising when the only way to max level is questing.

A number of dedicated dungeoneers have stopped logging in which is compounding the problem.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    That's a great point Weevah. There's 3 dungeons per level range and 4 ranges so we get to group 12 times and play as a group. Then we get 1 more dungeon in Coldharbour and we're off to VR content. That really doesn't give anyone enough experience in a group to focus on harder content. There's no point to hitting up dungeons multiple times because we don't get squat for xp. So in the end we have a bunch of people that solo/mob rolled content and have no grouping experience. And we wonder why we die a lot.
  • Penelope
    Penelope
    I ran dungeons for the first time this evening and figured I was getting next to no experience because I was lower level (13 while we had a 16 and 17 in the group) but apparently that isnt the case. I enjoy running dungeons and am a bit perplexed as to why something like this would be implemented.
  • Nina
    Nina
    Organic wrote: »
    vanity wrote: »
    I'm literally appalled at all the complaining about everything in this game. There's a reason to nerf experience in dungeons.

One it was being farmed to max levels, now at first you'd think well, it's your game do what you want with it. However, as a product ESO probably doesn't particularly want people burning through it and becoming bored with in the 1 month trial period.

Two, if you've noticed, everywhere on the open world there are spawn rates and mob groupings usually at a max of 3-4. This is because people with strong area damage can farm exp faster than anyone by soloing huge groups of mobs. Dungeons have mob sets of 10+ and all of which are basically resettable, or simply run a good team and you can complete dungeons over and over in 15-20 minutes.

Three, take number two into account and now execute it into a dungeon. You have groups of 10-15 mobs and they all give more exp then world monsters which limit to groups of 3-4 for the very reason of nullifying power leveling to 50 in a day. It seems awfully stupid to make dungeons better exp and better drops. A single mob in a dungeon should obviously be less experience than mobs in the open world. Both because you're killing on a team, but also from the shear fact of the quantity you kill in the dungeon.

Stop complaining and try to enjoy a game that doesn't need to be completed in 10 days. Or 3 months, at that.

Except you can be level 50 in less than one day NOT doing any dungeons; even VR10s in the first few days. No amount of dungeon farming pre-nerf was matching 50 levels in 17 hours. They nerfed XP on one thing many, many MMORPGers truly enjoy (dungeon running) and haven't nerfed it on the thing many, many MMORPGers truly despise ("grinding").

Every single zone has dozens of requests per hour for "XP FARM SPOT???" FOR folks wanting to xp farm running solo getting one hit off each mob in a pack before they almost instantly die. Level 19s are in Coldharbour getting powerleveled. Do you honestly believe that getting 1-3 xp per *elite kill* in an environment that *requires* a group and has legitimate boss fights and difficulty is fair compared with someone never taking any damage and earning 80k-120k xp/hour spamming an AOE attack every 3-4 seconds as they run around with the pack of players easily farming blues and purples?

Hopefully you realize that there are far better drops - and far more frequently available drops - available to the xp farmers getting one hit on packs than to someone running a dungeon. You can run a dungeon and not get a single blue. You can XP farm in a circuit for 15 minutes and get 3-4 blues, sometimes 5-7 if you're lucky. An hour of XP farming in a circuit can literally provide you with 20-30 blues for an extremely limited amount of effort and even less risk.

As it is now, you barely feel rewarded for completing a dungeon - assuming you can even complete it. I have guild members stuck for completion in three dungeons out of the first six! Almost no xp per kill in a dungeon, coupled with the fact that you only receive a moderate amount of xp total on your first run thanks to the one-time quest, and it's fair to say they should revert some of the harshness of the dungeon running. At least running the dungeon requires a party while the xp farm circuits do not. It's penalizing legitimate players who enjoy group content while obscenely rewarding solo players putting in very, very little real effort.

Thanks for the post, Organic.

The irony of Vanity's comment, and Zenimax's handling of this, is kind of amusing.

Though only kind of amusing, since Vanity is appalled by players thinking that harder content should reward even the same as simple content and that formal requirements should reward less. Topped by the fact that if the argument for removing closed group dungeons was fast leveling has that also failed.

Perhaps the superiour logic eludes me here...Please help!
  • rusila22
    rusila22
    ✭✭✭
    quote weevah : A number of dedicated dungeoneers have stopped logging in which is compounding the problem

Jizuz i'm totally agree with you :( . PLease Zeni do something about yours dungeons . thank you.
    Rusila CP :600
    Title : Monster Hunter
    Currently : Beta Tester in Morrowind
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone keeps saying this is an MMO well yes but this is an ES MMO and they're doing things differently either like it or leave. go back to your same ol run of the mill mmos. I hear wildstar is coming out soon.