Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Monsters in dungeons give 3 exp

• Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will as well, and as you said @Menacer, the dungeons are actually pretty good. They need to utilize them better!
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a shame if nobody runs them!
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons in this game are broken completely. ZOS ignored walls of text containing criticism and suggestions on how to fix dungeons during the beta, and now they will pay the price.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• uberowob16_ESO
    The lack of xp progression in dungeons is literally gamebreaking. It's almost impossible to do quests with your friends, as people don't always play at the same time and will become "unsynched". Grouping up for dungeon runs was how I intended to do the majority of my xp "grind", and this basically just kills that cold. There's a lot of strange "design" decisions in this game, and I am seriously starting to question my decision to buy it. This is basically a glorified single player game.
  • mistermagic87b14_ESO
    Completely Agree! ZOS Please change the xp back or tweak it to a higher amount - or consider adding higher saturated camps outside of dungeons to kill. The places outside of dungeons are over saturated with people due to the fresh release and everyone working through it. Some people prefer grinding.
    I came from DAoC and prefer grinding one camp with the occasional quest in between, do not pigeon hole this playstyle.
    PC - NA
    Electronica Nightblade - In the works

• Glithanes
    Glithanes
    ✭✭
    Question are all dungeons just 1 boss and the loot handed to player via quest?

I mean are there rare spawn dungeon bosses, do dungon bosses drop random loot With chance at rare Loot.
    I am a player that loves to run tons of dungeons a lot for chance at rare loot, its also less boring then questing so normally you can semi level every other level grinding dungeons but 1-4 percent exp per dungeon mob who thought that up?

I understand that players AE kited to 50 fast so they nerfed to hell dungeons but MMO players the 1 percent are always going to find way to race to 50 you wont change that, I am not one them I enjoy love my dungeons, crafting, tradeing, raiding and questing once in while with little pvp as well.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons have multiple bosses and everyone gets their own loot. There is 1 quest per dungeon.

Currently, there is no point to do the dungeons as you level more than once. The loot isn't that good and the exp is non existent. I have no idea who thought it up, but it's mind boggling.

They are fun too. It's such a shame.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 6, 2014 12:48AM
  • Harming
    Harming
    ✭✭✭
    I personally find it hillarious that people are complaining about non-endgame content, I understand it was just released but once your max level how you get there doesn't matter much, unless your a min maxer and need every skill point available like me. You can grind open world mobs to hit bet ranks in a day, no reason to complain about grinding (except that your missing all the quest skill points). You can quest to. 50 in roughly 2-3 days played. I'm 43 ATM with 1 day 18 hours played, that's doing every quest, getting every skyshard every lore book and clearing every Duengon both 4 man and public. Either way works but both get you to the same end.
    Now if the vr duengons are bad or there's nothing to do at vr 10 then there will be a problem. All mmos are about the endgame.
    ~Harming
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you start talking about playing a game for 72 hours just to get to the fun part, you may have lost some perspective. Not to mention making alts on this game would be even more boring.

A lot of people want to sweep the issues this game has under the rug for some reason.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    I changed my mind on this^^
    had to wait because a friend is not here really often, but i don't want to leave him behind, and the game is beatifull enough to spend the additional hours, meanwhile I get all the skyshards and have fun in pvp, which gives even worse XP^^
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • mechman29_ESO
    I do them just to check out what's in side. Kill the boss. Have a good time.

I have yet to look at my XP bar and wonder how much a mob gives me. I have no clue. I like it. :-)
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

I have yet to look at my XP bar and wonder how much a mob gives me. I have no clue. I like it. :-)

Pretty random comment, but thanks.

I'd prefer the game didn't shoehorn everyone into the most beginner of play styles, which would be questing.

Crazy wanting to group up in an mmo, I know.
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭

I think this is why they reportedly don't want DPS meters going as well; some people are only focusing on the numbers and not the game itself.
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    WyeVxndzz wrote: »

I think this is why they reportedly don't want DPS meters going as well; some people are only focusing on the numbers and not the game itself.

Or, stay with me now, some people like to group with their friends and do stuff together to level. Questing in eso is not group friendly at all.

I find it a little disturbing we have to explain the motivation for grouping up in an mmo...
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leveling fast is not the goal of this game. I am trying hard to level slow to not outlevel content but its hard. So I would say exp is still too high.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Leveling fast is not the goal of this game. I am trying hard to level slow to not outlevel content but its hard. So I would say exp is still too high.

Questing exp is too high and dungeon exp doesn't exist. Might I suggest a happy medium?

The current design alienates people who wish to play together. Not smart. It has nothing to do with leveling speed.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon exp exists. If its 3 exp per kill thats like 30 exp for a mob group. Thats more than plenty for those easy kills. Dont tell me these dungeons are hard, they are easily doable without tank and healer as a groupfinder pug.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you need 20,000 exp to level, I wouldn't say 3 is "plenty". If you kill 2 equal level monsters outside, you just earned more exp than an entire dungeon run. I don't think you thought that post through...

This is a random, arbitrary restriction that makes no sense.

Does your dislike of dungeons come from past failures or something? I'm honestly curious what would lead someone to say the things you say. "More than plenty" really shows a lack of critical thinking. It's just silly. Imagine if all monsters gave 3 exp, the game would be utterly broken. Honestly...
    Edited by Gohlar on April 7, 2014 11:26PM
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    I'm lvl 38, and i make 40-60k xp/h while questing.
    All lvl35 dungeons give around 10-20k xp/h !

The dungeons are really great imho, the lvl35 ones in particular until now, but they just give nearly no xp! This really has to change VERY FAST! I'd like to go more dungeons, but this makes it impossible to go if you plan on getting levels anytime soon...

Edit: Public dungeons are the same. Where a mob outside gives me 150-200 one inside gives 10-20...this is just WTF.

Come on Zenimax, going a dungeon once for the skillpoint and then never again is really just *** design :(
    Edited by coolmodi on April 8, 2014 2:51AM
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    No point in doing any dungeons until Zeni fixes this *** storm of bugged encounters and public boss farming though.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »
    When you need 20,000 exp to level, I wouldn't say 3 is "plenty". If you kill 2 equal level monsters outside, you just earned more exp than an entire dungeon run. I don't think you thought that post through...

This is a random, arbitrary restriction that makes no sense.

Does your dislike of dungeons come from past failures or something? I'm honestly curious what would lead someone to say the things you say. "More than plenty" really shows a lack of critical thinking. It's just silly. Imagine if all monsters gave 3 exp, the game would be utterly broken. Honestly...
    No I like the dungeons and I am more than happy with the current amount of exp.
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    So you're happy with no xp at all?
    I make 120k/h by just killing mobs outside of dungeons.
    Still 60k by questing.
    But only ~15k in dungeons...

How can you be happy with that? Do you want to not level at all or do you want to do 1000x the same lvl dungeons?
  • Asawasa
    Asawasa
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS do NOT "fix" the exp in dungeons. you did the right thing. Dungeons are done to complete quests, get loot, and for achievements. They are never for leveling. Do a customer survey and you will find out that the majority overwhelmingly don't want to run dungeons to level. nothing is stopping the people complaining here from doing these dungeons. they just want you to change the game so that everyone else has to play their way.
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody wants them to give more xp and make them mandatory for quick leveling.
    They should just give at least as much as doing quests, which isn't much compared to grinding anyways...
    I just want to be able to do something else for leveling than questing, and grinding mobs is the only other alternative which is sad :/
    Edited by coolmodi on April 8, 2014 2:20PM
  • circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    Huh, crazy. Typically I am a ' defend the game to the death from the unreasonable childish unthinking trolls ' kinda guy. But nerving dungeon exp right into oblivion seems ultra odd.

I suppose it would force people to follow the quest lines and play the story ect.... but if a guy doesn't want to do that let him grind it out in a dungeon if he really wants too.
    >:)
  • Asawasa
    Asawasa
    ✭✭✭
    coolmodi wrote: »
    Nobody wants them to give more xp and make them mandatory for quick leveling.
    They should just give at least as much as doing quests, which isn't much compared to grinding anyways...
    I just want to be able to do something else for leveling than questing, and grinding mobs is the only other alternative which is sad :/

there are other things to do besides instanced group dungeons if you want to grind mobs. you could do the skull/crossbones encounters (for example matrons clutch always has dreugh there to grind), the anchors, cyrodiil pve and/or pvp, find a good spot on the map out of the way and grind the mobs there, complete all the events, explore all the delves, hunt the mini bosses, public dungeons.

• Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    circilion wrote: »
    Huh, crazy. Typically I am a ' defend the game to the death from the unreasonable childish unthinking trolls ' kinda guy. But nerving dungeon exp right into oblivion seems ultra odd.

I suppose it would force people to follow the quest lines and play the story ect.... but if a guy doesn't want to do that let him grind it out in a dungeon if he really wants too.

Yeah it is pretty crazy. It's causing problems for other parts of the game too with certain places getting over run. Healing is also an issue as you have to leave heals on your bar while you solo because they certainly won't level up in dungeons.

The people who insist you either quest or dungeon 100% of time time are being obtuse, a variety of activities is obviously optimal and the content is already in place. They just need to unscrew it.
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    Asawasa wrote: »

there are other things to do besides instanced group dungeons if you want to grind mobs. you could do the skull/crossbones encounters (for example matrons clutch always has dreugh there to grind), the anchors, cyrodiil pve and/or pvp, find a good spot on the map out of the way and grind the mobs there, complete all the events, explore all the delves, hunt the mini bosses, public dungeons.

I DON'T want to grind, but i also don't want to quest 24/7. Sadly there is no alternative!
    The (nice) dungeons are useless as they give less xp than everything else you could do...
  • Luewen
    Luewen
    Custos91 wrote: »
    I'm dissapointet, full healer build... i mean the quests are easy enough, but while other chars run in a gruop and kill the mobs within 5 seconds I spend more than 30, and my mana is drained afterwards, as a healer it is vital for me to get good gear via dungeons and to get lvl, especcialy when my skills don't work on mobs in a particular questing area...
    The dungeons are fun, but the loot chance got major nerfs since beta and without the xp i fear higher questing areas...

You do realize that you can go dps spec and still lvl up healing skill. Just take 3 dps skills and 1 healing class tree skil + resto staff skill and they all lvl up while you spank mobs in dps spec.
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    Dungeons are good to run once per dungeon purely because of the skill point you get for completing them. But that's it. Just once and done which to me is kind of a lame choice. I enjoy the dungeons and would like to do them a few times with some actual benefit. By no means do I want dungeon grinding to be the only method, but it does need to offer a feasible alternative.