The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Will Not Load Past Login Screen More Often Than Not

CyberDiva
CyberDiva
✭✭✭
24suoaeoes0a.png

Since Update 38 hit the PTS, I see this lovely message not going away a lot. And, I do mean a hell of a lot. I spend more time staring at the login message these days than getting into the PTS. Often times, closing it and the launcher, then restarting both do not resolve the issue as it should. I have verified my internet connection is just fine, I have no PC issues (also verified), and nothing is blocking the game (also verified). In fact, I do not have this problem at all with the Live server or any other game -- only the PTS for ESO, and only since Update 38.
Thank you!
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also experienced this issue
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thirding! Just tried to log in. After three attempts, I only made it to the character select screen once and timed out when I tried to load a character.
  • Synaryn
    Synaryn
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was the only one, figured it was my rural internet. Something's sure up with the server connection on PTS, hope it doesn't carry over to live.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Synaryn wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one, figured it was my rural internet. Something's sure up with the server connection on PTS, hope it doesn't carry over to live.

I have fibre optic from my city utilities, we are the fourth fastest in the nation and I stare at login screens a lot.

Don't think it's your rural internet.
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    Can't log in. Had a bad connection the entire morning, now it's escalated to that:

0p1wuovhrpvp.png
    "If we are going to play the waiting game, the guy who has been around for 10000 years is going to win."
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if I get in I get kicked pretty quick.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh same.. I just assumed PTS was down or something and stopped trying to play on it. *shrugs*

On a GbE line
    love is love
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes same here, I've had this for several days now, just hanging then timing out etc. Also can't stay on for more than a few minutes at a time. I gave up a couple of days ago.
    PC EU & NA
  • HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno any info on this? It’s extremely difficult to log into PTS right now to do any consistent testing.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After waiting 1-2 mins I closed game, started ESO again, and got in.

JpxBEgy.png
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 27, 2023 11:33PM
    PC NA
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same.

Hope this isn't part of the server architecture rewrite.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Logos
    Logos
    ✭✭
    I have found that this happens to me near (if not) 100% of the time when I'm in another window on another screen either loading in the game or zoning. If I stay in game (in borderless windowed mode) it works fine every time. Which is a major pain. I got disconnected while writing this. @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Logos
    Logos
    ✭✭
    Or if ESO app is running in the task manage after alt-f4'ing out of the load screen. Which btw, live won't let me press "play" when that's happening, but the PTS will.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to log on now and not getting past character selection.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No answer from the server, losing connection to lobby, and when you make it to the character selection... you are getting kicked while loading character. :-(

I did not have those problems in the first week of PTS. Last week I only lost connection once after having played a while.
    (On the EU live server I have no such problems.)

I tried several times this week to enter PTS, at different times - it was not possible.

I hope those login problems since monday's patch won't transfer to the live servers.
    PC/EU
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same experiences here. Also last weekend.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting "login timeout" and "lost connection to server" when trying to login and get past the character loading page.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, OP, as you I can't get past the login screen anymore.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    This PTS have very big problem with login and with lost connection ;/
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh good, it's not just me then. It was fine for the first couple of days of PTS, but I got kicked twice, maybe thrice, as I loaded into a brand new character, skipping the tutorial (loaded back to character select and they were created and where they were supposed to be) and then soon after this problem developed. I haven't been able to get onto the PTS since the start of week one.

And yes, I've done all of this stuff.
    Edited by thejadefalcon on April 29, 2023 6:07PM
  • corrosion42
    corrosion42
    ✭✭
    Yep I've had issues logging in since Friday. Live server is fine, no problems at all.
  • Logos
    Logos
    ✭✭
    It's worse today, I can't get it to work. Gave up after nearly two dozen attempts (live is working fine). Every once in a while I made it to character select and then go stuck on requesting character.
  • Belhawk1
    Belhawk1
    ✭✭
    me too, lobby connection lost.
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    These errors have been present since day one of testing. They got better after Patch 9.0.1 but are now much worse. It isn't the players' fault or the computer they are playing on. These errors are on ZOS's end of the game. OK I can deal with it. We are getting another patch maintenance on Monday and most likely a character wipe as we are done with 2 weeks of testing. Unless things about their schedule have changed the EU server characters will get copied over to the PTS and everyone will get to start anew. Hopefully some if not all of this will be ironed out at that point.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on April 29, 2023 8:51PM
  • Daedralist
    Been trying since last night. I can not get it. Glad I'm not the only person experiencing this. Means the issue isn't on my end. I kept trying and finally got in after like 4 minutes of trying
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I just simply cannot even log in, and when I do, I can't get past the character loading screen. Sigh. Error 344. Well, at least things will be redone on Monday so there's not much loss there.
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    Yep - Login isn't possible right now. So I am going to chill on the game and wait until Monday. Testing is done. No one can login. Ugh! :(
  • Belhawk1
    Belhawk1
    ✭✭
    things that causes the pts server to boot you off.
    loggin
    load character
    enter/leave dungeons or buildings
    using portals or wayshrines
    fast travel to wayshrine or Inn

WHEN is beth going to FIX!!!! the broken PTS server???
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was actually really excited to mess with the arcanist class and give some more in-depth feedback than what I already have but I absolutely can't do that if it takes a half an hour/several game relaunches to get to the character select only to be kicked 90% of the time it tries to load anything past that point.