The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sovereign Sow fragments should be purchasable with tickets

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I did the Pig quest every day of the Festival and am still missing 2 fragments to get the Sovereign Sow pet. Why aren't these tradable or purchasable with tickets like the Minstrel's Cloth? Or why can't they also drop from the purple boxes instead of just the gold Stupendous Jester's Fesitval Boxes that we can only get one of each day?

Waiting another year and hoping to get the last fragments then, which is not guaranteed, is beyond unreasonable.

@ZOS_Kevin
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 7, 2023 3:43AM
PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i honestly dont remember how i got the sow, but i definitely got it in the first time it was out

i thought the sow pet was directly buyable with tickets at the time and i opted to do that instead of farming the fragments, but i honestly dont remember the method i got it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the fragments are not purchasable now and can only be gotten from the Stupendous Jester's Festival Boxes.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i honestly dont remember how i got the sow, but i definitely got it in the first time it was out

i thought the sow pet was directly buyable with tickets at the time and i opted to do that instead of farming the fragments, but i honestly dont remember the method i got it lol

The first year it was a guaranteed drop from the boxes. Afterwards they changed that but still did not allow them to be traded, which ruined the ability to get them in a reasonable timeframe.

The first year for the Sovereign Sow was 2020 so plenty of people didn't feel like doing the Jester Festival that year for obvious reasons. Why they decided to lower the drop rate after that Festival from guaranteed to low, I wouldn't know. But a lot of people didn't get it that year despite playing, and still have been unable to complete their pig due to the low drop rate.

ETA: Looks like it was because in 2021 they put the frags as event tickets purchase at the impresario.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 5, 2023 11:44PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

The first year it was a guaranteed drop from the boxes. Afterwards they changed that but still did not allow them to be traded, which ruined the ability to get them in a reasonable timeframe.

The first year for the Sovereign Sow was 2020 so plenty of people didn't feel like doing the Jester Festival that year for obvious reasons. Why they decided to lower the drop rate after that Festival from guaranteed to low, I wouldn't know. But a lot of people didn't get it that year despite playing, and still have been unable to complete their pig due to the low drop rate.

ETA: Looks like it was because in 2021 they put the frags as event tickets purchase at the impresario.

Not everyone today was playing in 2021 when they were on the Impresario for tickets. So now we have to wait years.

It's just a cute pig pet. Why make it so difficult?
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Not everyone today was playing in 2021 when they were on the Impresario for tickets. So now we have to wait years.

It's just a cute pig pet. Why make it so difficult?

I agree. I think it's probably an oversight because they moved it from guaranteed drop to purchasable by event tickets, then when they dropped it from the Impresario's wares, they never fixed the drop rate. I hope they fix that in the future.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the fragments are not purchasable now and can only be gotten from the Stupendous Jester's Festival Boxes.

I'm too late now but the fragments did drop from the purple boxes, is just that the drop rate was... pretty atrocious.

Took opening 35-49 boxes every day for me to complete the collectible.

Sorry I didn't see this before :disappointed:
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    :'( i agree,i want to buy cute piggy
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate RNG.

My fourth account (which has just one fragment collected) did not get a single one this event, even though I collected and opened boxes every single day.

Meanwhile, I have another account that collected four fragments this year.

But since the fragments are not tradeable, that doesn't do me any good...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't understand why the items from previous years weren't purchasable at the empresario (fragments, style pages and runeboxes) like it happened with other events (eg: Witches Festival).

I got a single Jester's Daedroth fragment in PS EU in 9 event days... But I got tons of items I don't need: Festive Noise Maker Parts, Joke Popper Parts (completed in 2019), Cadwell's style pages (completed in 2019), Second Seed style pages (completed in 2022), Jester's Scintillator runebox (which I have since 2018), Cherry Blossom Branch runebox (which I have since 2017)...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still only have one fragment for the pig. They just don't drop for me. I got seven scraps of minstrel's cloth but only one sovereign fragment.

Not sure why they keep the drop rate so low. It's just a pet.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The official announcement for the Jester's Festival doesn't mention the Sovereign Sow so some clarification would be appreciated.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63857
    Edited by SilverBride on April 6, 2023 6:58PM
    PCNA
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two years of the festival opened multiple boxes each day and I only have 4 fragments. The pig was the only thing I really wanted.

PS5/NA
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's unfortunate to hear how difficult they have made this in the years after it was initially released.

The cute pig with the tiara is definitely the best pet in the game.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want her. :/
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭
    Two years of the festival opened multiple boxes each day and I only have 4 fragments. The pig was the only thing I really wanted.

Only two years? That's not bad. I was looking for information about this because I already opened way more than 100 boxes and I only got 1 fragment. I was starting to think that we were only able to get 1 fragment per year. Do you remember how many boxes you opened to get each fragment? I think I got the first fragment in the first 10 boxes, but never got another.

We really should be able to sell and buy fragments from other players. The older players could sell their fragments if they already got the pet.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS has a problem with either flooding the market with things or having far too few of them. I don't think I have a full set for a pig on any of my accounts. Maybe next year....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • masshysteria_34
    masshysteria_34
    Soul Shriven
    Played the festival every year and still have zero fragments, and it couldn't of been a guaranteed drop first year because I didn't get it
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get a single fragment this year and still don't have this pet. :/
    PCNA
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only own just one fragment years ago and haven't gotten another one this year. They should be able to buy from the Impresario.
    Edited by jcaceresw on April 19, 2024 12:45PM