The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How would you rate Jester Festival 2023?

• Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just generally do not like this event
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s always been my least favorite of the recurring holiday events. It’s not terrible, and I appreciate the whimsy, but it’s doesn’t really have replayability for me.
    Edited by Reverb on April 5, 2023 8:39PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven’t played. Was going to refresh my tickets back to 12 after buying hidden shoulders. If I do start to play again I’ll want those.
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    4, because the Ebonheart pig stealing daily quest is quick enough not to be a bother. Anniversary event will be 5 on this scale, and any zone/chapter/pvp event is the worst.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Average, pretty much the same as last year.
    The XP buff is always a win imo.
    The failing comes in the repetition.
    Same "quests" so the bonus is it becomes easily grindable once you get a flow.
    But the failing comes with the same quests, so becomes quickly monotonous.

If it's your first event tho it's a lot of fun.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the fact that the quests and dialog are the same every year. The fact that this year's event ticket rewards are from the Dollar Store is bugging me. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to add that this event is usually one of my favorites. It's fun and silly and I love the way the community interacts with it. It's so unserious which can be a welcome thing.

So, it's a bit disappointing they decided to spoil this year with the way they handled the event tickets items.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the best or worst. I was only interested in double xp to power level alts.
    Edited by CrashTest on April 6, 2023 7:34AM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i Love jester's festival and the rewards are awesome, the only thing i disliked this time was having to resort to using multiple accounts to be able to get enough fragments of the new costume

the Passion's Muse personality and the Jester Daedroth costume are both lovely though
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Below average.

The XP boost is the only good thing in this year's festival.

Pain points are the terrible implementation of the costume fragments with its abyssmal drop chance, and the even more abyssmal content of the purple reward coffers. For me this is a new low of event rewards. It gave me zero incentive to do more than one event quest per day.
    Edited by tomfant on April 6, 2023 9:29AM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't liked in-game events since the introduction of event tickets. I refuse to pay cash or play multiple accounts to get event rewards just because they make the drop rates so low on new items, or only give us 9 days to collect 10 scraps with no guarantee for a daily drop. We used to be able to collect all the event rewards just by playing, but now I have sooo many unfinished partial fragment collectibles that will probably never get finished. What a waste of time...

Event tickets were not created to help us. We were already getting rewards from events without them. They were created with the purpose of nudging people into the crown store. And that's why I no longer like in-game events.

[Edit for words]
    Edited by N00BxV1 on April 6, 2023 1:13PM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pretty good.

only took a couple minutes to get the gold box and then i could move on to actual gameplay. and i made a few million selling dinosaur pajama scraps.
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    Below Average for me. I did the full range of quests on day 1 and was then a bit disappointed to find they were exactly the same quests the next day.

On day 1 I got the Event Keys and the Gold Box but most of the Purple Boxes had very little that I cared about. In all honesty, even the Event Keys are of little value to me since the things that can be purchased are limited in interest to me. Even double XP is not much of a reward (for me).

So I ended up just doing 1 Quest each day to get the Gold box and keys.

• SLEDGEHAMMER_X
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    Below average

The rewards are uninspiring

The quests should be rewritten each year as the lack of variety becomes tedious

It’s a bit of a shame as the basic idea is great

ditto. it's the same old quests (for this event and others) that bore me to death.
    Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3/5, a bit short, but the daily tickets and box were fast to get. Got the rest of the personality and the broom, so that's a plus. The downsides were the boring quests and crappy drop rate of cloth scraps, so overall 3 seems like a fair score.
    PC EU
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally when I participate in an event, I can expect that a reasonable amount of gameplay will give me a reasonable chance to collect everything. I was disappointed to learn that this would not be the case with this event.

If the cloth scraps had dropped from purple boxes, I might have gone out of my way to do multiple quests every day. As it was, I decided to do one quest a day. I can gather the rest of the cloth scraps another year, assuming they return like other fragments.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have enjoyed it, and run it on multiple characters if there'd been any chance of farming the rewards like in the old days. Instead I logged in for tickets and one box and then logged out to play something else. They've turned these events into a cash grab and it's truly sad to see.
    PC EU & NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like events which actually have unique activities and things to do, the ones which are just an extra box of items tacked on to the same dailies which are available all year round are very uninteresting to me.

Which means the Jester's Festival is my second favourite. I prefer New Life because it has more unique quests and they're more varied, but the Jester's Festival is getting there.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rate it low, because of the whole Cloth Scraps thing. A thing that required 10 scraps, with it only being possible to actually farm 1 per day and that was only realistically a 50% chance or so, forcing you to buy the remaining scraps with event tickets, and you might have had to buy *all* of them with tickets.

Jester Daedroth Costume scraps should have been available from purple boxes as well as gold, and thus obtainable more than once per day. This, alone, would have raised my score for the event up from 4/10 to 7/10, because I actually find the quests themselves reasonably fun.

Except for killing King Boar, which is rather too difficult for poorly equipped or low-level characters: this may be intended as a "group" challenge, of course, but in that case it needs better signposting as such. (A better-equipped, higher-level or highly skilled character should have a lot less trouble with him: he strikes me as more the strength of a Public Dungeon boss than a normal solo-quest or delve-quest boss. I would suggest that he appear with the visual health bar of a Tier 2 rather than Tier 1 boss, that is, two small squares rather than one on each end of the health bar.)
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    I don't remember much about last years event.

Agree. That's kind of contents actually.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have an opinion tbh. There's nothing that I was interested in this time, except for hide shoulders, so I just did something the first day to get those tickets back.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have rated it at least average if there was a chance that the cloth dropped from the purple boxes. Even if it was a drop rate equal to nirncrux, that would have been acceptable...
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pig quests were easy to do and I thought they were funny! I got my gold box every day, no issues. The purple box contents were not stuff I wanted, so I just did the pig quests. ZOS made it so I could sell the scrap of Minstrel's cloth, which I appreciated because I previewed the Jester's costume, and did not think that I wanted it.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    I would have rated it at least average if there was a chance that the cloth dropped from the purple boxes. Even if it was a drop rate equal to nirncrux, that would have been acceptable...

At least there would of been hope
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To me all limited time events are make or break based on being able to get all the available limited time rewards.... so in this case I have to rate the event a 1/5. The event itself is fun, and alright. Would be a 4/5 if the rewards were achievable.

What is the point of playing during events if you can't even get all the rewards... atleast let these pieces go into collections for next year. Now the minstrel cloth pieces are going to take up space for another year. (Have 5)

Way to screw up an event, not fun!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

I managed to get the 10th cloth today. I was running two accounts on this event. I used the second account to do something constructive while I waited for the three minute penalty when switching from NA to EU and back.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros:

1) Quick to finish a daily quest and get daily tickets.
    2) Gold boxes gave scraps which were valuable. I traded 6 for a million coin and plenty of gold upgrade mats, for an opportunity cost of a half-finished Barney costume!

Cons:

1) Unoriginal fetch quest dross. Come on guys.
    2) Bummer if you wanted the Barney costume.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purple box rewards were mostly throw-aways. The gold box things I sold as the costume didn't appeal and the broom if I could have used it as a staff would have been nice. But since that wasn't available I didn't even want the broom. The bucket looked really dumb. I really wanted the sovereign pig, but this is year 2 and I only have 4 pieces so far. So pretty much an utter fail. I gave it a 2 because I did make a good chunk of gold selling the scraps.
    PS5/NA
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone for their feedback here. We are going to be sending this to the events team as part of our post-event feedback. Just wanted to highlight that and thank everyone for taking time to post constructive feedback and pinpoints for you during the event.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminding anyone who really wanted the costume and is short on cloth scraps that I have some still on both PC servers to give to the RNG unlucky.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/630813/i-have-scraps-of-minstrel-cloth-to-help-those-who-need-to-finish-the-costume

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....