The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How would you rate Jester Festival 2023?

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Past years items should had gone into containers (as it happened in other events and I can't understand why they didn't) and those should be purchasable with tickets at the empresario.

Most of the drops I got so far are from the previous years and those are useless to me.

At the 8th day of the event, the items I really need I didn't get them still: i haven't got any of the new style pages (bucket n broom) and I only have 2 fragments for the jester costume.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    About the same as this years 2023
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Jester's Fest is one of my favourite events, because I really like the dialogues and the voice acting, they're absolutely hilarious, and also there's a general atmosphere of merriment and mischief, not just in the event areas where town NPCs are dressed up and celebrate, but also players running around with Jester-like costumes and the personality, and just being silly. I think it's one of the most fun events--all these years later I still laugh at the butcher trying to catch up with the pig :lol: Also, the rewards this year were superb, people have been asking for a 'hide shoulder' option for years, as well as the broom and bucket, and it's great they are giving them for free. It would be better if the scrap fragments could drop from purple boxes because that would give people more chances to get them instead of buying them with gold or tickets, and also a reason to farm more of the quests, but maybe ZOS takes this feedback for next year.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing new to make it more interesting than before, abnormal low droprate for the scrap.

I play 4 logins, just did the quests to get the tickets.

Wanted the daedroth costume, but could get it only on 2 logins, by sending scraps from the other 2 logins, buying 4 for eventtickets, and paying 500k to get the final ones.

I meanwhile play Fallout 76 more often, and already finished the scoreboard of the current season, got many cool rewards. Same publisher, but so different ways of monetizing the game.
    Doing events in F76 feels rewarding, in ESO they lately feel like a lottery gambling, disappointing.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming this is for this year. I was really happy with it this year, the personality (not tied to the event but first available during) is really nice to me overall. I also just love the spring vibe of it. I stick to only doing the Auridon quest.

Also I'm not interested in that daedroth costume so I've made quite a bit of money selling my fragments--even on NA I've sold enough for nearly 1m gold. Which is nice because I don't really play on that server ever so having any bit of easy money there helps.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordinary Jesters.
    Nothing extraordinary, nothing terribad.
    The drop rate of daedroth costume cloths deserves to be better, though. :#
    PC EU
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same as 2017 jester festival, good the first 2 days, boring from the 3rd
    PC-EU
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    After the event quests were done once every year, the chests should come from any normal daily quest during the event.
    Enforcing the same quests for about a week is so boring that most people probably don't even care to get purple chests after the first day.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first few days are actually fun/funny to see all the silly costumes and personalities, and the voice acting for the quests is surprisingly good.

But after a few days, it gets stale, and the drop rate for anything good in the purple boxes is nonexistent. Only the gold ones you get each day seem to actually have anything.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh - I don't remember last year's but Jester's (other than the xp boost) isn't my fav event at all.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still rather fond of this one. It's not the best, but the unique quests (even if they are a bit stale by now) are appreciated. It's cute. Seasonal decorations in the world would be cool, but it's not a deal breaker. (Honestly, this would just be neat for a lot of the major seasonal events.)

The Daedroth Costume drop rate is a dumpsterfire though. So that's frustrating. The, golden box reward structure makes sense for events where you can endlessly spam activities, but for ones like this where there's a limited number of dailies, just make it into a bad experience when you don't get something neat from your golden box. Combine that with it already being a short event.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's silly, it can be fun, but the conundrum with this year's rewards somewhat soured it for me.

Well, that and the fact that it was either continuing to engage with the festival beyond the point where it stopped being fun and became a chore or go yet again, for the third year, without finishing the Sovereign Sow collectible.

Doing the daily quests with one or two characters is kind of fun, doing it with 5-7 it is not.

• FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [Snip] how they handled the Scrap of Minstrel Cloth warrants a one, I'd go zero if it were an option.

I shall remember next time comrade

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 5, 2023 2:35PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine enough. There are a handful of events that have the Base boxes that don't really offer much once you have it all. So, since I have everything in the boxes from like 5 years ago, there isn't really any reason to do anything more than 1 quest for the Gold box and Tickets.

I think the only 3 events that have boxes worth farming are the Anniversary, Whitestrake, and Dungeon event. Maybe even the Chapter related events.

So, easy enough event to tick off, but just really a blip on the map of things to do.
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    quests were stupid run around quests.
    Make the quests fun like be responsible for killing your group in a vet dungeon or trial.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play a few events and Jester festival is not one of them
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rated the jesters a 2 because the normal purple event boxes are so bad, there is no incentive to even do more quests once you have the gold box

i opened one purple box the other day, it had 4 garbage dazzler consumables, and 1 blue "treasure" item that you would find stealing, not even an old jester provisioning recipe
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't like it. I feel like they're experimenting with ways to get people to purchase tickets with real life money. Not a fan.
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jester Fest is the worst event every year.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not bad, it's cool when you do it for the first time.

but years after years there's nothing new (unless this ugly costume which i dont want).

I just do it 1 time per day for ticket...
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a veteran I do not expect the quests to be super fresh and don't mind running through them each year.

This year the stars of the show were the rewards, all 4 major new additions were lovely and I've enjoyed having them.

What tarnished the event this year is the methods used to gain those rewards and the hoops players needed to jump through to get them. I've said in another thread, it's fine for those of us that pay attention to events/forums and can plan things out to maximise our gain of tickets and drops. But for those new people, or people less interested in this micromanaging, it seems they had vastly less chances of getting the rewards .. and as the announcement thread for the event said, it's the rewards that push us to want to do holiday events!
    Edited by Maythor on April 5, 2023 7:05PM
  • Onomos
    Onomos
    ✭✭
    I like that it's an easy 3 tickets (just kill the boar). Otherwise, the drop rates for the special items are awful and because they only drop in the gold boxes, it makes doing more than one quest a day pointless.
    Primary: DK Orc DC
    Secondary: Warden Bosmer AD
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Onomos wrote: »
    I like that it's an easy 3 tickets (just kill the boar). Otherwise, the drop rates for the special items are awful and because they only drop in the gold boxes, it makes doing more than one quest a day pointless.

Kinda ruined the point of the event when nothing new in purple boxes according to news articlem
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume it's a typo and op meant 2023

Underwhelming. Same old, same old. Many have already mentioned the poor drop rate of scraps. Purple bags are aren't interesting and they seem to have forgotten about those drop bags that supposed to hold previous event items.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as it ever was.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The poll is asking about last year's event and my memory is a bit hazy. I do remember the grind to get regal regalia stuff wasn't the most entertaining, but at least it was perfectly possible to complete the set through gameplay only (in other words, no real money involved).

This year's was more relaxed, since there was almost no incentive to do more than getting the day's golden box. On the other hand, the event's poor design certainly soured the mood.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume it's a typo and op meant 2023

Underwhelming. Same old, same old. Many have already mentioned the poor drop rate of scraps. Purple bags are aren't interesting and they seem to have forgotten about those drop bags that supposed to hold previous event items.

😐 Opps
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still get a chuckle out of the Jester Kings/Queen's dialogue after all these years. I don't know if they have added more jokes to the stage performers or I have just not noticed them before, but those are well done also.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the bare minimum this year, meaning one quest per day to get a gold box and that's it. Nothing about the event or its rewards motivated me to do more than that.
  • Rufusstan
    Rufusstan
    ✭✭
    My experience was pretty poor so I Voted 2. There are no viable rewards in the Purple boxes, except the same consumables that I destroyed after the event last year.

Like many others I ended up just doing a single quest to get the gold box (which contained the only worthwhile rewards), to get the event tickets. Added to that, was the idea of too many thing left with half a set collected. (Only got 5 fragments of the new costume; still don't have all fragments of the Sovereign Sow), and my overall feeling is frustration.