The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How would you rate Jester Festival 2023?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Above
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2023 6:01PM

How would you rate Jester Festival 2023? 250 votes

1 worst event
20% 50 votes
30% 75 votes
3 average
32% 81 votes
9% 24 votes
5 Best Event
2% 7 votes
Other
5% 13 votes
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't remember much about last years event.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2, below average but not the worst. For me, the worst event was the Murkmire event with the Gravestake and Voriplasm as prizes.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 5, 2023 2:44AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    2, below average but not the worst. For me, the worst event was the Murkmire event with the Gravestake and Voriplasm as prizes.

Those had a chance to drop from overland mobs. Isn't the minstrel cloth 9 chances to get 10?
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot stand the Jester Festival in any year; definitely the worst for me.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normally all I need for an event is double xp and maybe a new shiny for my troubles. The minstrel scraps idea deserves to be tossed overboard.

4/5
    Edited by DocFrost72 on April 5, 2023 3:43AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Those had a chance to drop from overland mobs. Isn't the minstrel cloth 9 chances to get 10?

Yeah but the drop rate was abysmal. This resulted in a lot of people being unable to complete both the memento, pet and the mount frags through normal gameplay. In addition, the fragments were bound so you couldn't trade them if you had bad luck.

Even though you need to buy a piece or have an alt to get the minstrel cloth, at least those things are options. The grave stake is still the only reward I actually tried to get but couldn't complete.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 5, 2023 3:54AM
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally have no big interest in events.
    I take part only when quests are easy, short and requiring a minimum of efforts. Even then, as I don't like repeating the same in a row, I rarely do the quests more than twice.

So, all in all, that Jester Festival is "good" enough to make me do the set of quests once or twice: I rate it average.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I missed the last years event because I was on break from ESO.
    Edit: This year, the silly pyjama scrap blues was bit of PIA and collecting daedra minstrels was mildly interesing until I had exchausted all combinations (afaik).
    Edited by rpa on April 6, 2023 4:34AM
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would have worked better if you got less tickets per quest but, had a real chance to get the minstrel cloth from the purple boxes and perhaps a lower chance for some of the less rare items from prior years.

All I did for this event after day one (I did a number of quests day one then once I realized the rewards weren't of much use to me I stopped) was logged in did the boar quests and either dropped the fragment I got in the bank or bought one from the vendor then logged out.

Hide Shoulders was probably the high point for me.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fairly bad. It was designed not to give you all the scraps for the new outfit. And the original plan was for 8 days due to the current maintenance
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purple crate rewards are frankly terrible. I usually just delete them. One gold crate, the event tickets, and basically that's it. Really sad. There is usually something worth doing the purple crates for, not this time, not really.

PS5/NA
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The purple crate rewards are frankly terrible. I usually just delete them. One gold crate, the event tickets, and basically that's it. Really sad. There is usually something worth doing the purple crates for, not this time, not really.

The quests are easy exp at least
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I messed up on this one, I prioritized the morph fragments because I didn’t realize they would not be in the next event, and someone talked me into getting hide shoulders. I only got 3 minstrel cloth drops in gold boxes (even though I did the quests every day) so buying any with tickets really wasn’t worth doing because I still wouldn’t have enough. I’m not paying 100k each for 7 pieces either.

Not a very good event for me.

EDIT: clarification
    Edited by katanagirl1 on April 5, 2023 5:03AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Average. It was a nice event when tickets weren't a thing I'd say, probably was one of my favourites. But overall all this chases that are events now only Mayhem kinda saved it's soul in a way as you're mostly having a way different goal of having fun instead of rushing for tickets.
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    It was awesome until I do the same thing over years. Now I just take ticket, open the gold box (for the custome pieces) and use the XP bonus. Sadly no more festival activites for me...
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate jesters and pranksters.

Minstrels give me headaches and pantomimes the creeps.

I hate pranks. They are a sorry excuse for unimaginative people to claim they are funny, when the truth is that they neither have an idea what humor means, nor any intend to find out.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to previous year's Jesters events, it was pretty much the same: a bit boring, but I still did the Auridon quest quickly for event tickets and a golden box. Rewards were underwhelming.

Compared to other events, this is probably my least favourite. I love love love the Anniversary event, and strangely enjoy the Mayhem events (only time of year I ever PVP), find Witches event kinda fun and unobtrusive... and the regional celebrations are usually a nice way to get double drops on specific zones to complete the sticker book.
    PC-EU
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    A two. I'm usually happy with double xp. I'm even happier if it's double loot chances. I caught up with the achievements that I still needed to do as I'd been away for a while. The quests were rather dull but easy enough to do. Then, there's the mess of this being the first event where people cannot afford the reward without spending money (of some kind). Seeing people who wanted this reward and could not afford to buy it with gold or money (for tickets) is not a mood enhancer. A festival should be happy; I see sad people [snip]. Using events to treat your player base like this is disheartening.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2023 6:02PM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on a break from ESO. Jester's was always cringe (and mind-numbingly boring after the first couple of days) but it usually had something worth farming and I was looking forward playing again for a bit. But if the reward is unobtainable by just playing, why would I bother?
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad, takes 5 min to have the tickets and made a ton of gold for selling some minstrel clothes.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    I'm on a break from ESO. Jester's was always cringe (and mind-numbingly boring after the first couple of days) but it usually had something worth farming and I was looking forward playing again for a bit. But if the reward is unobtainable by just playing, why would I bother?

Indeed, it's worse than murkmire event even
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't care much about events in general, except maybe the anniversary event.

Anyway, I got what I wanted (Hide shoulders) so I won't complain.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • OsUfi
      OsUfi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jesters event is always boring for me. Prizes or not. I kill king boar, 2 quests in under a minute, then use the XP buff to level a new character (that I'll likely never use) to 50.

Even when folk loved Jesters festival, I never... Got it...

I got 3 scrap drops the entire event. 7 scraps at 300k a pop on PC EU is laughable.
    • FluffWit
      FluffWit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Honestly it should have been nuked after year one and completely redone. The three original quests are just boring fetch quests and the few quests that have been added since arent much better.
    • Kitziboo
      Kitziboo
      ✭✭✭
      My EU character only received three scrap drops and therefore I bought the rest with a ticket and gold and also bought the bucket and broom motifs. My NA character only had to buy two scraps (400g total) and on three consecutive days, received the scrap along with two gold motifs which I thought was not possible.

I really wanted the costume so it felt more stressful than usual as I ran around traders trying to keep one scrap ahead each day.

I did manage to collect my Dawnwood Indrik and complete the motif collecting yesterday so not too bad in the end.
    • huntgod_ESO
      huntgod_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      [Snip] how they handled the Scrap of Minstrel Cloth warrants a one, I'd go zero if it were an option.

[Edited for bashing]
      Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 5, 2023 2:35PM
      --- HuntGod ---
      Officer of the Unrepentant
      www.unrepentantgaming.com
    • festegios
      festegios
      ✭✭✭
      I have voted worse purely due to the [Snip] cloth drop etc. I should have to use multiple accounts to be able to unlock a free reward,

[Edited for bashing]
      Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 5, 2023 2:40PM
    • MreeBiPolar
      MreeBiPolar
      ✭✭✭✭
      [Snip] how they handled the Scrap of Minstrel Cloth warrants a one, I'd go zero if it were an option.

At least, it was obtainable in some ways. Sovereign sow are fragments not available for tickets and not tradable. And drop 1-2 per event out of 7 you need.

[Edited quote]
      Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 5, 2023 2:35PM
    • tokeinskyblu
      tokeinskyblu
      ✭✭✭
      Really boring. Most eso events are. Would be so good if they looked at how GW2 does events and copy some of their ideas.
    • Deter1UK
      Deter1UK
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Below average

The rewards are uninspiring

The quests should be rewritten each year as the lack of variety becomes tedious

It’s a bit of a shame as the basic idea is great