The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Introducing Stuga, A New Companion Who Follows You Everywhere

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
vu2iaqxb4sq1.jpg
This is the official joke discussion thread for, "Introducing Stuga, A New Companion Who Follows You Everywhere"*

"ESO’s most beloved and respected Orc quest giver, Stuga, is on the way as a Companion!"
Note: Our lawyers would like to remind everyone that it is April Fool's Day, and this is not real.)
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 3, 2023 1:35PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy April Fool's Day, everyone! ROFL! That's a GREAT pic, Kevin!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    its very, very rare i get a legitimate smile and giggle from this game since at least Elswyre if not summerset. thank you.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @TaSheen, we've been cackling over this picture for a few weeks now. It's so good!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was great. You got me. 10/10. :joy:

Edit: no joke, make this happen. 10/10 troll.
    Edited by Troodon80 on April 1, 2023 1:39PM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Windshear
    Windshear
    ✭✭✭
    Make it real, Kevin. Please.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, please tell the artist(s) thanks from me - I'm going to add it to my screenshot rotation on my desktop!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg this made me laugh so hard!!
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Arawin
    Arawin
    ✭✭
    As long as she doesn't get in the way of me farming the 25 fold increase in Nirncrux drops today, I'll take her!
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that. Very Much.

She'd make a great houseguest as well.
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    The image is pretty funny, so good job on that!
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok see think geek used to make gag things for April fools and then people started asking for them for reals so careful hehe
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing. Now this is an April Fools joke!
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Note: Our lawyers would like to remind everyone that it is April Fool's Day, and this is not real.)

@ZOS_Kevin if you want to prank your lawyers, tell them you forgot to put that in... :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both the picture and the article are beyond awesome. Good job there.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome prank, well done - ty :)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Elsonso I almost did.👀 Don’t tell them!🤫
    Staff Post
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time to resurrect an oldie but goodie?

qa42voxzbzgb.jpg
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know... it got me thinking. Stuga should be made into an actual companion instead of that argonian we get in the Necrom chapter. She'd at least be interesting.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Lord_Draevan
      Lord_Draevan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      fzr3fsifkdeb.png
      I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
      NA/PC server
    • DragonRacer
      DragonRacer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Not gonna lie, this headline actually got me for a second when it popped up as news on the guild Discord. Then I remembered what day it was. LMAO

That image is priceless!
      PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    • Hamfast
      Hamfast
      ✭✭✭✭
      Personally, a Stuga house guest, that shows up at random in any house you own...

But this gave me a laugh.
      Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
    • Ovrkyl
      Ovrkyl
      Soul Shriven
      Well done. I caught on immediately, but still got a good chuckle out of the thought of an un-dismissable non-combat companion Stuga.
    • Jaimeh
      Jaimeh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The text was hilarious, props to the writer(s) who've put this together, and to the people who had the idea :D Great April Fool's prank B)

In tribute to her determined nature, Stuga can’t be dismissed and will stop at nothing to offer you her greetings and deliver her message. Stuga’s rapport increases only when you accept her quest and decreases when in any zone other than Wrothgar, and she will offer no assistance in combat.

• ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      @Jaimeh This was a community team effort! We’re happy everyone is enjoying the joke. We’ll pass on the writing compliment to our Lead Content Writer!
      Staff Post
    • LordDraw
      LordDraw
      ✭✭
      I would believe more in "Dragons! In your own homeland!" or "Comrate, a word!" in cities in every zone.
      But still good joke.
    • ArchangelIsraphel
      ArchangelIsraphel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Ok @ZOS_Kevin, ya got me. For about 10 seconds when I saw the announcement title on the launcher, I actually thought it was real, and then I remembered what day it is. The sad part is, I was actually EXCITED because I was so amused XD

Legends never die
      They're written down in eternity
      But you'll never see the price it costs
      The scars collected all their lives
      When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
      Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
      Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
      Legends never die
    • MafiaCat115
      MafiaCat115
      ✭✭✭✭
      She sounds like a non-combat pet. Can we get her as one so that she'll always follow us around? Would be perfect for next Jester's Festival
      Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
      Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hahahaha

This is great
    • tomofhyrule
      tomofhyrule
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Ooh, maybe that means Sorinne Gaerard will be coming in the next patch!

"Hear ye, cardsharps and collectors! I'm here to assist!"
      "Oh yeah, you see that WB over there? Maybe they want to play some Tribute too. Do you mind?"
    • LalMirchi
      LalMirchi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      LOL Good stuff! :)