The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, "Anniversary Jubilee"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
5i1yrxddfept.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Gorge On Cake, Enjoy Bonus XP, And Earn Special Rewards During ESO's Anniversary Jubilee!"

"Celebrate ESO’s birthday with cake and more during the 2023 Anniversary Jubilee in-game event."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 18, 2023 8:21PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So um... the Jester’s Festival Event ends on April 6th, but ESO’s Anniversary Event starts on the April 6th...
    Call me crazy, but there are too many events in ESO during 1 year...

*Edit*
    I need to clean my inventory on all my characters and prepare for the Crafting Quest Inventory management mini game on Vet HM difficulty....
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 30, 2023 6:30PM
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are you planning the PC EU upgrades? Are you going to schedule that downtime halfway through this event? They were scheduled for "early April".

For constantly promising better communication, why is ZOS still so bad at it? This should not be a difficult question to answer, so why the constant silence? Even if you don't have a date planned necessarily, a simple "No, we're going to wait until the event is over" is all that would be required.
    Edited by thejadefalcon on March 30, 2023 6:29PM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @thejadefalcon We should have news on the server upgrades very soon. Making sure everything is accurate before we start announcing things. We have gotten feedback about also having accurate communication. So we are trying to take that into account also.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not just combine the jester and anniversary events at this point? it would give more time to earn the items from the jester festival, and you still get double xp with both events that doesnt stack anyway
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Rathkud
    Rathkud
    ✭✭
    I see you kept the Q1 event reward fragments on the Impresario as compensation for lack of Midyear Mayhem. But what about Q1 indriks?? I've spent every single ticket I've gotten during this Q on Indrik fragments but it's still not enough, due to Midyear Mayhem not happening and also due to Jester's festival being shorter than usual. Please make sure to keep those indrik fragments available for anniversary too! I'd be a huge overlook otherwise
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @thejadefalcon We should have news on the server upgrades very soon. Making sure everything is accurate before we start announcing things. We have gotten feedback about also having accurate communication. So we are trying to take that into account also.

Perhaps providing regular updates on challenges and milestones would help. It's completely understandable to have goalposts move based on external factors, but harder when we don't have a list of what issues the server upgrades will fix. You guys are really on top of events and marketing comms, but communicating technical updates are an area that can be improved, and so are bugs, so hopefully you recognize that feedback too.
    Edited by Destai on March 31, 2023 3:18PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We did follow up on this earlier this month. Unfortunately, the Q1 Indrik fragment will not be available when we roll over to Q2. Those fragments will be rolling over to the Q2 Indrik fragments. There should be an opportunity later in the year to grab lost fragments, but we'll share those opportunities as they are announced.
    Staff Post
  • Tygershadowe
    Tygershadowe
    Soul Shriven
    Someone might want to proofread a little better. This reads like you get 3 tickets every time you eat the cake. Pretty sure that's not right, unless you can only use it once per day.

"Each time you take a bite of this celebratory confection during the event, you’ll receive a 2-hour 100% XP boost as well as three Event Tickets!"
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first year when I'm not excited and that makes me very sad.
    Hope there's still enough players who enjoy the game and don't see it as something boring and broken with empty promises on top.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thejadefalcon We should have news on the server upgrades very soon. Making sure everything is accurate before we start announcing things. We have gotten feedback about also having accurate communication. So we are trying to take that into account also.

@ZOS_Kevin ... Agreed about the accurate communications, but also want to give the nod to updates like this that act as a bridge until the accurate response is ready. :thumbsup: <--- need this added to Vanilla! :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on March 31, 2023 1:25PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @thejadefalcon Here is the update on the hardware refresh.
    Staff Post
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jubilee! THE event I look forward to the most!

@ZOS_Kevin Incursions/Dolmens/Harrowstorms etc are not included in the Jubilee post as dailies that can be completed for Jubilee rewards. Are they really not included or is this just an oversight?

Which reminds me, when it was announced that the new Galen/Firesong furnishing recipes were added to the Galen daily reward coffers, it also did not include Vents. Can you get them from coffers obtained by doing daily volcanic vent quests in Galen?

I'm thinking maybe when I read "Boss and delve dailies" that I should now assume this also includes incursions but I just want to know for sure.

Thank you!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jubilee! THE event I look forward to the most!

Which reminds me, when it was announced that the new Galen/Firesong furnishing recipes were added to the Galen daily reward coffers, it also did not include Vents. Can you get them from coffers obtained by doing daily volcanic vent quests in Galen?

I'm thinking maybe when I read "Boss and delve dailies" that I should now assume this also includes incursions but I just want to know for sure.

Thank you!

furnishing plans are only rewarded from daily world boss and delve quests as it says in the patch notes

"A set of 27 new furnishing plans can be found in Galen Reward Coffers earned by completing Delve and World Boss daily quests in Galen."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/630148/playstation-patch-notes-v2-42-1-24-scribes-of-fate-dlc-update-37#latest
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    My assumption was also that the wording of the patch notes was correct and so I haven't been doing the daily Vent quests in Galen when I do the others but it seems odd that daily incursion quests wouldn't count for Jubilee? Really hoping for an answer before Jubilee starts but I suppose if I don't get one, I can test it out for myself when the event starts.
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    The text of the Jubilee announcement does not include Fighters Guild Daily, Harrowstorm Dailies, Geyser Dailies, Volcanic Vent dailies. Can you please confirm if this is intentional and all these dailies are excluded from the event rewards?

I will be sure to not tag you on this again as I don't want to become too great a nuisance but it seems like a fairly simple and valid question given the event starts in two days.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this statement from the ESO page for the jubilee event correct ?
    Each time you take a bite of this celebratory confection during the event, you’ll receive a 2-hour 100% XP boost as well as three Event Tickets
    In other words, can we actually get 3 more event tickets every 2 hours, if we keep eating the cake ? The cynic in me thinks it's just a typo, and the event ticket limit is 3 per day. @ZOS_Kevin , any chance you could confirm or deny this, please ?

20230406-jubilee-event-US-page.jpg
    Edited by vsrs_au on April 6, 2023 4:01AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Each time you take a bite of this celebratory confection during the event, you’ll receive a 2-hour 100% XP boost as well as three Event Tickets
    In other words, can we actually get 3 more event tickets every 2 hours, if we keep eating the cake ? The cynic in me thinks it's just a typo, and the event ticket limit is 3 per day. @ZOS_Kevin , any chance you could confirm or deny this, please ?

It’s usually the first time you eat cake each day gives tickets, and after that it just refreshes the XP buff.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    vsrs_au wrote: »

It’s usually the first time you eat cake each day gives tickets, and after that it just refreshes the XP buff.
    Thanks! :)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    During the Jubilee do we just need to eat a slice of cake every day to get event tickets? Or is there something more to it after the first day?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the Jubilee do we just need to eat a slice of cake every day to get event tickets? Or is there something more to it after the first day?

Eat cake, get tickets. Repeat daily.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 7, 2023 12:22AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Eat cake, get tickets. Repeat daily.

Thanks. It just seemed too easy. :)
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    From the description of items

"In addition, the Impresario’s Assistant, Philius Dormier, has a few other offerings you’ll want to take advantage of:

The fourth Aurora Firepot Spider pet fragment

Hide Shoulder Collectible"

The Hide shoulder collectable is there, but not the pet fragment. I have been saving my other Spider fragments, hoping the 4th fragment (instructions) would show up, but it's not there. I have the other 3 fragments in my inventory but the instructions are still not there.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I'm actually genuinely curious about something. Every year thus far, the pool of available motifs from the gift boxes has been updated to include some or most of the "new" motifs that have been released in the time between the current anniversary event and the one from the previous year. This year, there doesn't seem to be any new motifs or style materials. Was this intentional due to the size of the loot pool, or was this an oversight or something else entirely?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth; I'm just curious to see if the motif pool will expand, or if this is what it's going to stay at going forward in future years.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin I'm actually genuinely curious about something. Every year thus far, the pool of available motifs from the gift boxes has been updated to include some or most of the "new" motifs that have been released in the time between the current anniversary event and the one from the previous year. This year, there doesn't seem to be any new motifs or style materials. Was this intentional due to the size of the loot pool, or was this an oversight or something else entirely?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth; I'm just curious to see if the motif pool will expand, or if this is what it's going to stay at going forward in future years.

@ZOS_Kevin any update or info on this? I don't mean to double post but I also made the mistake of asking the question on the weekend and so it might have gotten lost in the mire.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We did follow up on this earlier this month. Unfortunately, the Q1 Indrik fragment will not be available when we roll over to Q2. Those fragments will be rolling over to the Q2 Indrik fragments. There should be an opportunity later in the year to grab lost fragments, but we'll share those opportunities as they are announced.

Not sure if this was regarding my comment, but I wasn't talking about the event updates, I was talking about the hardware updates. Glad we got an update as you posted, thanks! Would be nice to know what it's supposed to fix, if it's a targeted fix at all.
  • Captain_Phasma
    Captain_Phasma
    Soul Shriven
    Bag of Jubilee Yesteryear issue: duplication of Aurora Firepot Spider Pet parts. The JY bag is understood to hand out items/parts that you don't already have account wide. If that's the case why do i now have 3 of the front legs and can't do anything with the dups. This is an oversight on your part. If you were going to allow duplication then they should be tradable. Personally since the items are bound to begin with I'd rather just have the missing parts issued. Very annoying. Just seems like another ridiculous way to take advantage of player's hard earned time and effort rewards.

vaq0aaqgpmj8.jpg
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I crazy (or just stupidly unlucky), or did they literally not add a single motif that wasn't in last year's boxes?

Cause new motifs are literally the sole reason I'm doing the event, and if I'm wasting my time, I'll find something else to do..
    Edited by MasterSpatula on April 16, 2023 7:55AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Am I crazy (or just stupidly unlucky), or did they literally not add a single motif that wasn't in last year's boxes?

Cause new motifs are literally the sole reason I'm doing the event, and if I'm wasting my time, I'll find something else to do..

just unlucky sadly. i've seen people talk about getting new motifs
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of a 16 hour extension to this event, please.
    Been unable to play all day so far.
    Thanks.
    PS4/PS5/EU