The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Was looking forward to the new Jester's Minstrel Daedroth Costume ...

jrfk2
jrfk2
✭✭✭
then reality set in ... you only have a chance at the fragment from the gold jester box you get once a day for the 9 days of the event .. and according to the writeup:

New: Jester's Minstrel Daedroth Costume Fragment
In addition to the above, Stupendous Jester’s Festival Boxes also have a small chance to include the following items instead of a Costume Fragment.

New: Bucket Style Page
New: Broom Style Page
A previously available style page

And I dunno how many "previously available style page"s there are .. so the chance of getting the fragments for free are pretty low. They aren't bound, so I assume any for sale in guild traders will be priced insanely ..

And I believe the bound fragments are 5 tix apiece at the Impresario .. so even if you save 12 max tix from last event, most event tix you could use during the event would be 39 tix so not enough to buy 10 fragments there either.

IMO "previously available style page"s should not be in the gold jester box but in the Impresario to improve the chance of getting the jester fragments.

Something like this shouldn't be nearly impossible to get during the event, or cost insane amounts of gold ..
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bound fragments for the Daedroth Costume are three each not five which makes it more doable.

• Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably agree, having seen my luck on both PC servers. Only on NA did a get a new thing (costume fragment), on EU I got a Mirth Shard which is of no use to me there.
  • Krymsyn_Panda
    Krymsyn_Panda
    ✭✭✭
    I asked Kevin for clarification, but that was hours ago. Since there is no communication to show otherwise, this means ZoS wants more ticket purchases from the crown store. This is severely disappointing as we hit this new low.

The Jester's Minstrel Daedroth Costume Fragment's cost 3 tickets for fragment. That's 30 tickets for the costume, or 7500 crowns. Not only are you unable to earn enough fragments in this event, you can't even earn enough tickets for it either!

It's outrageous as we have always been able to earn the rewards in the past even if the drop rate was abysmal. That is no longer the case with this event. Events have been changed for the worse.

I truly hope this was an oversight, because it is so hard to believe, but the radio silence speaks volumes.
  • jrfk2
    jrfk2
    ✭✭✭
    The bound fragments for the Daedroth Costume are three each not five which makes it more doable.

Yep, I checked and its 3 .. so you can earn 27 tix this event so that's 9 fragments .. so a bit more doable as long as there wasn't something else you wanted tix for ..
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, this is disappointing for sure!

I need that tail on my PvP main.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it individual pieces or a full appearance only? If the tail can be applied by itself then worth getting.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's an all in one costume .. so I presume the helm can be hidden or replaced by a hat but the rest is complete.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Events are like this. You have to choose what you want the most and go for it. That's how it is.
    Its also part of the ploy to get you to buy tickets from the crown store... remember, it's a game for us but a business for ZoS.
  • Krymsyn_Panda
    Krymsyn_Panda
    ✭✭✭
    There has never been an event before that you couldn't get every new collectible through either grinding (sometimes severe, but still possible) and it gave enough event tickets to cover the Impressario only items. This is new and should not be encouraged or accepted as the new norm by saying "It is how it is".
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just checked in the official event discussion topic.

@ZOS_Kevin made it clear in there that they're 100% aware of the fact its virtually impossible to get the costume from playing the event but that they might make it easier to attain next year.

They knew this last week.

It doesn't really bother me tbh. I'll just sell whatever fragments I get this year. It's just a costume.
  • Krymsyn_Panda
    Krymsyn_Panda
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I just checked in the official event discussion topic.

@ZOS_Kevin made it clear in there that they're 100% aware of the fact its virtually impossible to get the costume from playing the event but that they might make it easier to attain next year.

They knew this last week.

It doesn't really bother me tbh. I'll just sell whatever fragments I get this year. It's just a costume.

But what happens when it is something you care about?
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    jrfk2 wrote: »
    IMO "previously available style page"s should not be in the gold jester box but in the Impresario to improve the chance of getting the jester fragments.

Is it even known if those drops work like that?
    I think people often wrongly assume drop chances of individual things affect each other. The style pages could be simply additional drops, with their own chance to be included in the box.
    Like, a roll is made if they are included and then another one is made which one of them will be included; completely independent from other potential drops in the box.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just clocked that in.

There are 12 possible items to acquire (broom style page, bucket style page and 10 costume fragments) and 9 'chances' to get them.

I only did this yesterday but they seemed 'mutually exclusive' to me.

On my main I got a style page, on my alt a single costume fragment.

Also if they behave like previous boxes is entirely possible to obtain neither.

All in all a very unwelcome departure from previous events.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luth7 wrote: »

I think people often wrongly assume drop chances of individual things affect each other. The style pages could be simply additional drops, with their own chance to be included in the box.
    Like, a roll is made if they are included and then another one is made which one of them will be included; completely independent from other potential drops in the box.

I had to check the news article to be sure, but it literally says it as in OP's post, that they have a small chance to drop instead of the costume fragment, not along with it.
    PC EU
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    I just clocked that in.

There are 12 possible items to acquire (broom style page, bucket style page and 10 costume fragments) and 9 'chances' to get them.

I only did this yesterday but they seemed 'mutually exclusive' to me.

On my main I got a style page, on my alt a single costume fragment.

Also if they behave like previous boxes is entirely possible to obtain neither.

All in all a very unwelcome departure from previous events.

I had guildies have golden boxes with neither, so getting the new drops (style pages or costume parts) is not guaranteed in these new golden boxes.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh well, I guess is an excellent incentive to disengage with the event.
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    amig186 wrote: »
    Luth7 wrote: »

I had to check the news article to be sure, but it literally says it as in OP's post, that they have a small chance to drop instead of the costume fragment, not along with it.

My wrong, i didn't read it as a quote from the official post.
    It makes no sense to pool those drops together.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the broom from golden box yesterday, got one costume fragment today.
    I would hold out buying the broom and bucket for tickets as it might drop for you and many will get duplicates so you can buy in guild stores.

Same with costume tickets but this will likely to be more expensive but guess many will sell because they don't care about it or don't bother.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is one of those times where having a second account is useful, you can do the event on both and send the fragments to your main one.
    PC EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is one of those times where having a second account is useful, you can do the event on both and send the fragments to your main one.
    That was pretty genial I say.
    So if you have an storage account use it for this event
    Edited by zaria on March 30, 2023 10:38AM
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Honestly the only time I've used them for events now. I have five, one main and the other 4 largely store things for me, etc. Ran all 5 though one event daily for a gold box yesterday, two alt accounts got scraps and mailed to my main. Hopeful to get all 10 organically with this method, so we shall see. But that's a rather extreme way of trying to get this costume when it seems obvious we're being funneled towards buying tickets in the Crown Store now. Rather uncool and predatory.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly the only time I've used them for events now. I have five, one main and the other 4 largely store things for me, etc. Ran all 5 though one event daily for a gold box yesterday, two alt accounts got scraps and mailed to my main. Hopeful to get all 10 organically with this method, so we shall see. But that's a rather extreme way of trying to get this costume when it seems obvious we're being funneled towards buying tickets in the Crown Store now. Rather uncool and predatory.
    The benefit is that you can sell the extras for an very handy profit.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second day and now I've decided to not even bother grinding for event boxes, I feel thematically pranked :/
  • dutchusuk
    dutchusuk
    ✭✭✭

10 accounts, also needed storage so i have a private guild only for the extra guild bank.
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    I was so looking forward to seeing everyone running around in Daedroth costumes and bucket helms, and doing so with my friends, too. The drop rate is so abysmal that I am just giving up :(
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's the case that you can no longer get new items without buying event tickets, this should be included in their advertising. This is gross. I got nothing in the gold box, just a jester's banner and some fireworks. I'm going to go play something enjoyable instead.
    PC EU & NA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin you may want to pass this feedback along.....

Pretty much everyone across all of my guilds has already said they will do one or in most cases two(Hammerdeath Quests) per day and then use the double xp to grind cp.

There is very little if any interest in grinding more purple boxes across multiple characters because they contain nothing of interest and clog inventories with rubbish!

The way the new items drop have basically killed off any interest in the actual event!! :(
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ridiculous dreams are thoroughly dashed for this Jester's Festival then :'( .
    1mu4bfs8x7bg.jpg
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There has never been an event before that you couldn't get every new collectible through either grinding (sometimes severe, but still possible) and it gave enough event tickets to cover the Impressario only items. This is new and should not be encouraged or accepted as the new norm by saying "It is how it is".

Pig was exactly like this last year. You only have one shot a day form golden box and it is rng. Event is short. Fragments not at impressario. Not tradable. You either get lucky enough or you don't.

Fragments were available at impresario a year before. But not enough tickets to buy them all. And same once a day roll.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

Pig was exactly like this last year. You only have one shot a day form golden box and it is rng. Event is short. Fragments not at impressario. Not tradable. You either get lucky enough or you don't.

Fragments were available at impresario a year before. But not enough tickets to buy them all. And same once a day roll.
    It has been others, think the maelstrom weapons styles had this problem to.