Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Suggestion for bring back "old" Crown Crates!

Mr_Jord_Joe
Mr_Jord_Joe
✭✭✭
Suggestion, ZOS could open a poll in the community from time to time, for us to elect specific "Crown Crates" to stay for a week in the store, instead of some "random" that almost nobody cares about... that way it would bring back old crates that honestly never I saw more in the store, so "everyone" would win... well, I don't know if this has already been suggested... what do you think? (sorry i'm no good on english... and if someone already suggested this)
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on March 23, 2023 5:37PM

Suggestion for bring back "old" Crown Crates! 45 votes

Yes!
75%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOOnnuKClyde_BlueSnakeDragonRacerMikeSkyrim333KalevaLaine Wise_WillSilverIce58MiyukiShibacarthalisKENDALLPOPSolohopekinguardianMagicalLijaAnonomissXSjornParadox52WiseSkynoblecronSiantarPterion87 34 votes
Nop!
8%
vailjohn_ESOShardan4968spartaxoxoLykeion 4 votes
I'm not sure...
2%
Galirandus 1 vote
Hm...
13%
peacenotemeekmikoStrychnosbmnobleDreamyLuCarlos93 6 votes
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    SO more choice for us... and less FOMO ...

let's see who will vote against this
    Edited by WiseSky on March 23, 2023 3:19AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm...
    I don't mind. I don't buy crown crates so will not be affected.

I did a few times a while ago, but I had little interest into the goodies coming out of the crates (apart from some very rare exceptions), so I stopped. I'm generally not a fan of RNG stuff.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or retire old crown crates after 3-5 years and add the content into the game as earn-able cosmetics. That could solve the cosmetics drought in-game while also making old cosmetics available.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    SO more choice for us... and less FOMO ...

let's see who will vote against this

ZOS won't give up their FOMO/RNG shenanigans, too profitable.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against the idea of players getting to vote, but I don't think there's any guarantee a vote would mean the crates you personally like would come back more often. It might instead result in a nasty surprise that a majority of people voting like the crates you assume almost no one cares about and those come back more frequently.

One options would be for ZOS to let us vote between say 4 or 5 different crates and once one wins it cannot come back again until all the crates have had a turn so we don't get stuck with the same ones over and over. But then they might as well just put them on a fixed schedule, or at least confirm they will cycle through all the crates before repeating one.

Also voting might be complicated. There's 1 radiant apex mount I like, so I want that crate to come back at some point, but only when I have enough seals of endeavour to buy the mount. I'd actually vote against it if I thought I wouldn't have enough seals in time, and I suspect other people would use similar tactics so it wouldn't even necessarily be the most popular cratew which wins.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »
    Or retire old crown crates after 3-5 years and add the content into the game as earn-able cosmetics. That could solve the cosmetics drought in-game while also making old cosmetics available.

Considering how much of a backlog they have now, that wouldn't be a bad idea imo.
    Sadly I don't see ZOS being convinced of this. They'll stick to their fomo + endeavor concept.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather them just cycle more quickly through the roster. Like all Q1 crates come back every Q1, or each month two or three seasons come back
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Yes!

i would like to buy ALL crates at every time. I don't want to wait for months, the last months were ugly af for me... So no money from me. :) I want to buy specific ones whenever I want!
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3600CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nop!
    All of the crates are ones that someone out there cares about. I don't like the idea of gatekeeping access behind some popularity contest.

I'd rather they give us some sort of seasonal tab for crates, separate from whatever the featured new crate happens to be. When the new one retires, it gets added to whatever season it fits best. This tab would have multiple older crates available at a time and each season a different batch would be available. All old crates would be able to got through this tab at predictable intervals in batches.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on March 23, 2023 11:23AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hm...
    Would rather they scrapped the fear of missing out marketing and just had them all available all year round, not just for the crates but for everything in the crown store.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make each December aka holiday season bring back a few seasons
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hm...
    I would say that this would be alright as an ADDITIONAL thing on top of the current ones and the ones they bring back which I have always assumed were on a cycle.

Voting could have the opposite effect of what you intend otherwise, and make it so someone who REALLY wants something will never see that Crown Crate again. Some good alternate ideas in here.

The thing that I've found about all Crown Store items is they rotate, and the limited time is almost never really "single" time. Everything comes back, it's just a question of waiting. So sometimes I actually like to do that; wait and see if I still want it when it comes back. If I'm not excited about it six months or a year later I'm glad I saved my money. And, if I can't wait until another cycle for it to come back (like say I'm not playing anymore) then that's also an argument for not buying it in the first place. Recently I just bought an arms pack I wish I hadn't missed, and those take a while to cycle through, so I was very sure I wanted to get it when it came back.

Years ago, I wanted but missed buying this frost mare the first time it came out. And I was (looking back it was so silly!) pretty upset. I really thought I had missed my chance forever. Eventually it popped up again and I bought it immediately and... now I barely use it because I have so many mounts, and I have seen it come back additional times since I bought. That whole experience gave me a good perspective on the availability of cosmetics and FOMO and the ESO Crown Store. Really, almost everything comes back. Over and over. And if it doesn't, there are so many other choices.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Carlos93
    Carlos93
    ✭✭✭
    Hm...
    The solution is to have crown vendor NPCs in cities that sell old mounts or crown boxes.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    I would say that this would be alright as an ADDITIONAL thing on top of the current ones and the ones they bring back which I have always assumed were on a cycle.

Voting could have the opposite effect of what you intend otherwise, and make it so someone who REALLY wants something will never see that Crown Crate again. Some good alternate ideas in here.

The thing that I've found about all Crown Store items is they rotate, and the limited time is almost never really "single" time. Everything comes back, it's just a question of waiting. So sometimes I actually like to do that; wait and see if I still want it when it comes back. If I'm not excited about it six months or a year later I'm glad I saved my money. And, if I can't wait until another cycle for it to come back (like say I'm not playing anymore) then that's also an argument for not buying it in the first place. Recently I just bought an arms pack I wish I hadn't missed, and those take a while to cycle through, so I was very sure I wanted to get it when it came back.

Years ago, I wanted but missed buying this frost mare the first time it came out. And I was (looking back it was so silly!) pretty upset. I really thought I had missed my chance forever. Eventually it popped up again and I bought it immediately and... now I barely use it because I have so many mounts, and I have seen it come back additional times since I bought. That whole experience gave me a good perspective on the availability of cosmetics and FOMO and the ESO Crown Store. Really, almost everything comes back. Over and over. And if it doesn't, there are so many other choices.

There are some crown store items which were available once and then never again. The one which I remember is the Dapple Grey Pafrey, which hasn't been available at all since May 2015. Also I think when they brought back the Shadow Ghost mounts it wasn't the complete set.

I think crown crate items always come back because old crates are rotated back in periodically, but items in the crown store aren't guaranteed to come back and it could be years before they do.
    Edited by Danikat on March 23, 2023 3:22PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • GBllt
    GBllt
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    Carlos93 wrote: »
    The solution is to have crown vendor NPCs in cities that sell old mounts or crown boxes.

Yes it woul be great to have a sort of « golden vendor » for old mounts / stuff in a specific place in Tamriel
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    ZOS_Phoenix
    admin
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to the Crown Store & ESO Plus category, which we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post