Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Just delete werewolf already

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nefas has bestowed the prestigious 'Worst Ability in ESO' award to the entire skill line.

What a great honour this is :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDxnAndKPUw
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair werewolves were the OP meta forever. I hate vampires as a concept but they really don't get anywhere near the kind of loves werewolves do to this day. Also I feel like this was more directed at oakensoul users rather than werewolves who seem to just be collateral damage.
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair werewolves were the OP meta forever. I hate vampires as a concept but they really don't get anywhere near the kind of loves werewolves do to this day. Also I feel like this was more directed at oakensoul users rather than werewolves who seem to just be collateral damage.

We are forever just collateral damage, and werewolves were the "OP meta" for one short cycle out of nearly 10 years of the game existing. Vampires are way over-represented in comparison, easily comprising the vast majority of players in PvP thanks to its very strong passives, skills, and ability to utilize every other ability and passive in the game.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW should be 100% toggle with no Ult counter. Then add a cooldown instead so once you're in WW form you have to stay that way for at least a minute and then after dropping WW form, wait 1 min to swap back without needing to restore Ult. The cooldown prevents abuse on the server and also makes people think before changing back and forth with it still being far less tedious than waiting on Ult.

No other changes required.
    Edited by Vulkunne on June 12, 2023 7:16PM
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves are cool and yes in order to shapeshift into a werewolf, the ability should be toggled by clicking on a spell icon.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Nefas has bestowed the prestigious 'Worst Ability in ESO' award to the entire skill line.

Man rated worst abilities and forgot the entire shadow line ult morph of NB, tho its so bad not even him can remember it even exist
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt this would happen but what I would like to see is this:

When you become a vamp or ww you sacrifice your class, and become a vamp or were wolf class with 3 new skill lines and passives. If you cure you go back to prior class.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    Just do it already. Delete werewolf from the game.

So because of one mechanic in one trial, you want them to delete a popular playstyle/skill line from the entire game.

Can we stop with these kinds of demands?

TBH For werewolves I suspect its just the straw that broke the camels back. Its that last change that brings the frustration in a line of frustrations for werewolf players

Don't forget the Update 38 nerf.

Everyone else in the game got 2 more meters of melee range.... except werewolf.

I made a thread about it on the PTS during week one. No responses, but then nobody got responses this PTS...

You really do have to wonder what the point of the pts is at this point. Everyone was talking about how OP DK was, and nothing was done at all.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Doubt this would happen but what I would like to see is this:

When you become a vamp or ww you sacrifice your class, and become a vamp or were wolf class with 3 new skill lines and passives. If you cure you go back to prior class.

I mean you can build a pure vampire and be super useful and viable, but werewolf, even using the werewolf specific sets, you cant anymore. I honestly do not trust ZoS to balance WW and Vamp anymore, with what happened after the revamp. Vamp beam is still useless, and the stun is still broken as hell.
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to point out that after today's PTS patch notes I am maintaining my stance: just delete werewolf already.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foxtrot39 wrote: »
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

Man rated worst abilities and forgot the entire shadow line ult morph of NB, tho its so bad not even him can remember it even exist

Honestly, there's a lot of abilities I swap instead of Steel Tornado, like Frozen Retreat from Warden.