The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil's / PVP's many bugs (A comprehensive list)

MachineGod
MachineGod
✭✭✭
There are some glaring issues currently in Cyrodiil/PvP that either need fixing or clarification on intended mechanics. If anyone has anything add feel free to add below. Perhaps some of these could be addressed before go live or in preparation for QOL patch later this year which could lead to much better consistency in these interations.

Bugs:

- Tri-Focus passive is currently bypassing battle spirit when targeting pets
- Elf-Bane currently works with siege (Developer's have traditionally said sets should not work with siege - numerous fixes to Vicious death have been made over the years in regards to this)
- Vicious death currently works with siege
- Warden portals can pull through any wall/Door or surface
- Meteor (all morphs) can be used to knock players up into any wall or doors and get them stuck
- All knockbacks (Templar Javelin and Bow Scattershot) can "Desync" players so that the character cannot move or cast abilities until they are CC'd again. This can also be chained under heavy server load to where you can infinitely lock someone.
- It is possible to siege "underneath" players (Place a treb shoot up at a floor) and this will connect. (Maybe intended?)
- A lot of heal abilities and some damage skills can still bypass walls and floors even though this was addressed some patches ago
- Snow Treaders users can still be CC'd by immobilizations such as bombard... Sometimes (its widely inconsistent)
- Some Stamina skills such as Unstoppable cannot be cast in a negate
- Dark Talons will also fail to apply damage in some cases (I know the Devs know about the immobilizations already failing to apply in some cases)
- Volendrung never spawns outside of the 3 spaces around each faction base
- Volendrung can spawn on a faction that has all scrolls + emperor (This surely cannot be intended given its stated purpose?)
- Using gap closers including leap can sometimes "lock" the player using them so they can use abilities anymore
- Streak can cause a bug where the target can no longer sprint but can "break free" anytime they wish
- 4000+ day debuffs never went away and some sets can cause upwards of 20+ of these debuffs to stack
- Silver Shards in some cases can hit the same player twice with its second damage component
- You can jump through destroyed milegates
- There are many health desync's left that are cuased by some abilites. They are quiet hard to track given the nature. (Such one could be endless fury)
- It is possible to purge plaguebreak without an explosion using Renewing Undeath
- You can become locked into a heavy attack with a dodge roll interaction. (I believe this particular bug is known already, but seemingly no fix was every applied successfully)
- If you are out of a specific render distance to siege the incoming projectiles will not be visible nor generate a ground AOE causing siege to become "Invisible"
- You can become stuck into milegate bottom section rooms and scroll gate bottom rooms if leap is used on these areas. (It will knock players into the floor causing them to be stuck in the textures)

Potential issues:
- Guard debuffs are currently set to the following values for abilities and are far outside of other PvP values:
  1. Guard snipe defile - 50% defile (Can stack)
  2. Guard puncture - 30% damage taken
- Guards can chain through any surface / wall and can pull people under the map (Faregyl Inner main gate one area)
- Guards have access to a CC that is no longer accessible and can bypass players already on CC cooldown (disorientate) (Mender NPC)
- Similar to above guards abilities seemingly obey none of the imposed rules of Line of sight (Negates through 2 floors etc)
- Interactions with NPC's during peak times cause more lag. This could be a cause that the NPC's have never really changed or been updated. The team may want to look into the ability. See above for examples. There is also odd behavior of them also teleporting and freezing during heavy server loads.

Clarification needed:
- Should siege proc status effects? Currently this can enable some more sets other than the ones listed above to be able to proc certain sets
- 1-2 Patches ago shields could be rolled or blocked. Was this fixed or was this an unintentional change?
- You can re-spawn into combat. This looks like it's caused by longer duration effects such as DoT's. Should these be cleared on re-spawn? (Might help to fix in combat issues too)
Edited by MachineGod on March 10, 2023 12:52PM
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    PS5|EU
  • TFPAcer
    TFPAcer
    ✭✭✭
    Also just generally being stuck in combat is still an issue.
  • godchucknzilla
    godchucknzilla
    ✭✭✭
    The stuck in heavy attack animation after light attack while dodge rolling was reintroduced after being fixed in a previous patch.
  • MachineGod
    MachineGod
    ✭✭✭
    Updated to add 2 new bugs.
    The stuck in heavy attack animation after light attack while dodge rolling was reintroduced after being fixed in a previous patch.

I'll tag this onto the end but I think its also part of a wider problem they have just left alone for a long time as well.

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking free once, twice, three times, I tend to stop counting and start swearing after the 3rd.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • mirimkob16_ESO
    Best PvP Top thread ever.
    It's the sad summary of Cyrodiil last months, lots of PvP players left the game cos of these bugs.
    Worst for me is:
    - All knockbacks (Templar Javelin and Bow Scattershot) can "Desync" players so that the character cannot move or cast abilities until they are CC'd again. This can also be chained under heavy server load to where you can infinitely lock someone.
    We are playing in PC EU, i don't know if server upgrade will fix it, but is our big headache right now.
    I would to know if PC NA have the same problem.
    Good Job MGod!
  • MachineGod
    MachineGod
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @mirimkob16_ESO

Also added 2 further bugs to the list regarding invisible siege and leap getting players stuck in the map in specific places.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great post. Thanks OP
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - when leap is used on a cc immune but dodge rolling target, it pulls them out of their roll and takes their character functionality away for a moment, as if they're being stunned. Also intentionally ignores snare/root immunity.

- sometimes when you barswap -> streak (in that order) your character will freeze for about two seconds, then streak.

- location desync seems to be at an all time high on PC NA. Conal/aoe abilities (primarily ults like DB) are missing targets that are clearly within their range. Instant melee abilities are frequently giving the "target out of range" message when you are standing right on top of your target.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hate to say it but don't expect any of these things to be adressed. Look at the last 2-4 years of how ZOS has handled bugs, balancing.
    They just don't have the same goal as we would like with this game. In the end it's theirs game and we are only customers so sadly one have to move on if the satisfaction is not met.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The knockback desync bug is what finally made me quit.

I try every now and again, but 30 seconds into my first fight I'll get hit by a javelin/meteor, run around not being able to hit skills, then eventually rubber band back to my dead body.

I can deal with a lot of terrible performance but not that.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dk spikes will reset and deactivate after 3 seconds of applying. Only in AVA.

CW does not work as if target out of range.

Whirlwind does not activate and will delay up to 4 seconds before animation activates. I pair this with sap and can only reliably use sap for aoe spammable.

Run bug still moves at walk distance and will stop player after 2-3 steps.

Just a few.
  • BixenteN7Akantor
    BixenteN7Akantor
    ✭✭✭
    How about the 40 kills quest still bugged when you're in a group ?
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the 40 kills quest still bugged when you're in a group ?

that one is sooo annoying and inconsistent
    Whirlwind does not activate and will delay up to 4 seconds before animation activates. I pair this with sap and can only reliably use sap for aoe spammable.
    yes yes and yes!
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A list like this is a bit daunting, it would be a good idea if everyone can come together to create the steps and conditions to recreate each bug as stated here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/294964/guidelines-for-bug-report-forum
    When submitting a bug report, please follow the rules outlined below:
    If there's an existing thread that summarizes the same issue you've run into, we’d prefer you reply to that thread instead of creating a new one.
    Doing so will cut down on the amount of duplicated threads created, and will also aid us if we need additional information or are giving a status update for an issue.
    If you're creating a new thread, make sure your thread title summarizes the issue.
    Simply saying “combat issue” isn’t as helpful for us.
    Include your platform and megaserver in the post.
    If you're run into multiple issues, create one thread per issue.
    While we appreciate the intent for compilation threads, it makes tracking and gathering information more difficult.
    There's no such thing as too much information!
    Things that help us include your character name, the exact location you were in when you saw the issue, what you were doing just prior to running into the issue, and any possible repro steps.
    Screenshots and videos also help immensely!

We may periodically ask for more information in your thread, and we'll do our best to give status updates as well. That said, please understand that we're not able to reply to every thread (but we are reading!)

Please continue to report issues found on the PTS in that category. If you're running into a technical problem, go ahead and post in the existing Technical Support sections. Remember, this section is strictly intended to be for bugs; any feedback or game discussions should be posted in the appropriate forum category.

Going through the bug report section already and hyperlinking it in the current list above would probably be a good idea- more exposure and more of a reference to the bug.

IMO, Video proof is probably the strongest proof you can provide.
    Edited by Dr_Con on March 11, 2023 9:21PM
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot Coral Riptide not working in No-Proc.