The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Just a quick Thank You (Mist Form)

Sealish
Sealish
✭✭✭✭
Just a quick appreciation post.
The community has been asking for a mist form revamp since... well... since the vampire revamp for sure but maybe earlier.
One of the most often suggested fixes was to turn it into a gap closer/widener to both enhance the flavor of the vampire set as well as adding some synergy to what ended up being a magicka melee kit.

And you finally did it!

So thank you for listening to the feedback <3
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they knocked out 2 birds with one stone as well! Now there's finally a bit more life stealing to the kit! Vampires actually acting more like vampires.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed, looking forward to this
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very happy with this, blood mist will ACTUALLY be useful, and evasive mist can actually be used to....evade. And if you build into a pure vamp build w the vamp lord armor set, the ramping cost is negligible. Now we just need to work on the vampiric drain skill, if you can even call it a skill.

Does anyone know if it still activates the damage bonus mist form currently provides through th passives?
    Edited by Jammy420 on February 3, 2023 2:20PM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useful for what? Flying between overland mobs?
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Useful for what? Flying between overland mobs?

Its an escape and a gap closer, exactly what vampire players have been asking for. And if you build into vampire, as you are supposed to, it isnt expensive with the ramping cost.
  • godchucknzilla
    godchucknzilla
    ✭✭✭
    This is the third version of mistform I've seen and TBH I think the one where you activated mistform and it lasted for 4 seconds was better than this. Also you could block cancel the misform to get major expedition and sprint if you wanted to. This version of Misform is a copy of streak and terrible game design once again. Wait till you try cyro with everyone running away using mist form streak, Ava open world pvp gets dumber by the day.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the third version of mistform I've seen and TBH I think the one where you activated mistform and it lasted for 4 seconds was better than this. Also you could block cancel the misform to get major expedition and sprint if you wanted to. This version of Misform is a copy of streak and terrible game design once again. Wait till you try cyro with everyone running away using mist form streak, Ava open world pvp gets dumber by the day.

Youre kidding yourself if you think everyone is going to suddenly play vampire because of streak lite skill that has a massive ramp up cost if you dont build intensely into vampirism.

This is what most vampire players who play for vampirism have been asking for for a while now. This doubles as an escape, a gap closer and survivability.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jammy420 wrote: »
    Youre kidding yourself if you think everyone is going to suddenly play vampire because of streak lite skill that has a massive ramp up cost if you dont build intensely into vampirism.

This is what most vampire players who play for vampirism have been asking for for a while now. This doubles as an escape, a gap closer and survivability.
    A lot of players in PvP are already vampires because of Undeath passive. So I can imagine seeing a lot of players using the new "streak".
  • godchucknzilla
    godchucknzilla
    ✭✭✭

Vampire stage 3 is BIS in cyro.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vampire stage 3 is BIS in cyro.

Thats great, it wont be after because the mist form will be obscenely expensive for anyone not at stage 4. You can comb over the forums., especially during the revamp, this was HIGHLY asked for, you still get ranged protection, you still get evasion and speed through one morph, so no animation cancelling necessary like the old one, and we get an escape that synergises very well with stage 4 invis, and blood mist will actually be useful now. Vamps are supposed to be something you build into, as a mini class, not just some passives. And with the changes and tweaks to the passives and actives, plus the addition of this form of mist form, it is everything vampire players have asked for for a while.
    Edited by Jammy420 on February 3, 2023 4:34PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see why vampires are so happy tbh. Did anything else get reworked or is it just mist form?

It's still the passives drawing people in. The fact that mist form became useful doesn't really change anything-- mist form was already stupid strong and overused.

If anything this is kindve a nerf. It's a healthy nerf for the game, and perhaps gives the ability more functionality than it had before, but it doesn't change the overall state of vampirism in my opinion. They have two useful passives and one useful skill. Still.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I don't really see why vampires are so happy tbh. Did anything else get reworked or is it just mist form?

It's still the passives drawing people in. The fact that mist form became useful doesn't really change anything-- mist form was already stupid strong and overused.

If anything this is kindve a nerf. It's a healthy nerf for the game, and perhaps gives the ability more functionality than it had before, but it doesn't change the overall state of vampirism in my opinion. They have two useful passives and one useful skill. Still.

well after the last adjustment, they made mist form useless in pve by removing the one key feature of it being the dmg mitigation lol

the current form is still useful in pvp, though ill say i mostly just see people trolling with it

i am looking forward to the change even though i only have 1 vampire

i also think the way they are handling this is good, revamping 1 skill at a time instead of trying to do vamp 3.0 all at once and making it either too OP or too garbage lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the current form was stupid and trolly. But if you wanted to use it to live and/or get away then it's been nerfed. And good-- it needed nerfed. I'm not saying the change is bad I'm just a little confused by the rejoicing of people that plan to use it.

But yes I agree it is maybe smart to adjust the skills one at a time. I just kinda doubt redoing the other vampire skills is what they plan to do next. I wouldn't hold my breath, personally.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe they could actually do something like this to the drain that would make it you know, useful lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rejoicing from people planning to use it is simple... This is the only MMO where you can really play a vampire. All the others out there never give you that choice, and one of the selling points of ESO is vampires for me.

Mistform is one of those vampire power fantasy abilities, and I'm one of those people who want to use all my abilities in PvP and PvE equally. With this change now I can do that with Mistform once again, which is nice since there's still a few other pain points of the skill line. Like how Vampiric Drain is an ability that can't decide what it's trying to do (Utility, Damage, or Healing), and Mesmerize being a legit pain in the rear to actually use due to the looking at you rule that doesn't exist on any other AoE stun.

And I did block cancel the original form of Mistform for the Major Expedition to, although this one isn't quite a streak... It's far slower, doesn't stun, and has a few oddities to it like choosing where you want to go instead of zapping max range every time.
    Edited by Vevvev on February 3, 2023 6:01PM
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well after the last adjustment, they made mist form useless in pve by removing the one key feature of it being the dmg mitigation lol

the current form is still useful in pvp, though ill say i mostly just see people trolling with it

i also think the way they are handling this is good, revamping 1 skill at a time instead of trying to do vamp 3.0 all at once and making it either too OP or too garbage lol

I still have PTSD from the revamp....

For me the whole package draws me in. Please do not speak for everyone.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    The rejoicing from people planning to use it is simple... This is the only MMO where you can really play a vampire. All the others out there never give you that choice, and one of the selling points of ESO is vampires for me.

Mistform is one of those vampire power fantasy abilities, and I'm one of those people who want to use all my abilities in PvP and PvE equally. With this change now I can do that with Mistform once again, which is nice since there's still a few other pain points of the skill line. Like how Vampiric Drain is an ability that can't decide what it's trying to do (Utility, Damage, or Healing), and Mesmerize being a legit pain in the rear to actually use due to the looking at you rule that doesn't exist on any other AoE stun.

And I did block cancel the original form of Mistform for the Major Expedition to, although this one isn't quite a streak... It's far slower, doesn't stun, and has a few oddities to it like choosing where you want to go instead of zapping max range every time.

Plus the ramping cost will finally make the vampire lord set worth looking at for most people not willing to take the massive hit on stats.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe they could actually do something like this to the drain that would make it you know, useful lol

By Dibella , yes. That skill needs a complete and utter rework.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about this change and tbh it seems like a massive improvement.

Now, if they would only also changed WW Pounce gap closer so it would operate like that... You pick a location & jump. No target required, can be used defensive, can be used offensively and it is not laggy & delayed - as it does not required a target. WW is less played as you need to be incredibly tanky as you don't even have a CC immunity tool. Despite enormous WW buffs, it is the Vampire that is way more popular & viable option as it has awesome passives and now it will be even better.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is mist form bugged on PTS? I havn't had much time to test anything but it seemed like I have to cast it several times to actually teleport. Or ist that the intended functionality? Feels clunky rn.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have PTSD from the revamp....

For me the whole package draws me in. Please do not speak for everyone.

I wasn't trying or claiming to speak for everyone I was speaking on my own experiences and observations on what the meta seems to be and what vampire seems to be used for.

But I understand a little better now so thanks for the responses.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus the ramping cost will finally make the vampire lord set worth looking at for most people not willing to take the massive hit on stats.

I still wouldn't use that set unless my life depended on it. I really do not need the sustain on magicka as a vampire when my primary damage dealer costs HP, and my primary healing ability is a non-vampire ability since Vampiric Drain is complete and total trash for raw healing.

My sustain set is the Pale Order Ring sadly, not Vampire Lord.
    Is mist form bugged on PTS? I havn't had much time to test anything but it seemed like I have to cast it several times to actually teleport. Or ist that the intended functionality? Feels clunky rn.

Yes, and ZOS found what was causing it and has a fix in the works from what I've heard.
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    I mostly play PvE (if I want to do PvP in an MMO I'll just play Planetside 2), and the reasons I'm happy with this change are:

- ZOS have actually listened to the suggestions we've been making since, what, Greymoor PTS? This is a good step in the right direction, and I want to praise the good changes as much as I criticize the bad ones.
    - Mist Form has been largely useless in PvE ever since the "player damage" change, and this makes it actually useful again - I've yet to fully test the extent of its usefulness since I'm getting the no-teleport bug, but I imagine you can weave Blood Mist in for Strike from the Shadow procs as well as some AoE DoT plus self heal. Whether it's better to hit it every six seconds for SftS procs or only every 20 seconds for the DoT/heal effect remains to be seen, but the fact alone that it's no longer a dead skill in PvE is enough to consider this a win for me.

It's a bit strange that Mist Form no longer clears snares and immobilisation effects (both considering its flavour as well as its previous purpose), and I'd like to see that part of the ability come back, but if it overloads the ability with utility to the point where it becomes overpowered then I'm content to let it go.
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a teleport issue since forever. Not unique to this.
    I was thinking about this change and tbh it seems like a massive improvement.

Now, if they would only also changed WW Pounce gap closer so it would operate like that... You pick a location & jump. No target required, can be used defensive, can be used offensively and it is not laggy & delayed - as it does not required a target. WW is less played as you need to be incredibly tanky as you don't even have a CC immunity tool. Despite enormous WW buffs, it is the Vampire that is way more popular & viable option as it has awesome passives and now it will be even better.

This would be a monstrous improvement. Trying to get to my enemies in cyro with a gap closer is sketchy at best.
    I mostly play PvE (if I want to do PvP in an MMO I'll just play Planetside 2), and the reasons I'm happy with this change are:

- ZOS have actually listened to the suggestions we've been making since, what, Greymoor PTS? This is a good step in the right direction, and I want to praise the good changes as much as I criticize the bad ones.
    - Mist Form has been largely useless in PvE ever since the "player damage" change, and this makes it actually useful again - I've yet to fully test the extent of its usefulness since I'm getting the no-teleport bug, but I imagine you can weave Blood Mist in for Strike from the Shadow procs as well as some AoE DoT plus self heal. Whether it's better to hit it every six seconds for SftS procs or only every 20 seconds for the DoT/heal effect remains to be seen, but the fact alone that it's no longer a dead skill in PvE is enough to consider this a win for me.

It's a bit strange that Mist Form no longer clears snares and immobilisation effects (both considering its flavour as well as its previous purpose), and I'd like to see that part of the ability come back, but if it overloads the ability with utility to the point where it becomes overpowered then I'm content to let it go.

I would like that part to come back too, it shouldnt have been removed, that is my one and only gripe.

I still wouldn't use that set unless my life depended on it. I really do not need the sustain on magicka as a vampire when my primary damage dealer costs HP, and my primary healing ability is a non-vampire ability since Vampiric Drain is complete and total trash for raw healing.

My sustain set is the Pale Order Ring sadly, not Vampire Lord.

Yes, and ZOS found what was causing it and has a fix in the works from what I've heard.

It actually really helps with a lot of things, most of all it makes blood frenzy, the ulti and mist form cost next to nothing. I know its not meta, but it works for me really well. :)
    Edited by Jammy420 on February 4, 2023 10:57AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It actually really helps with a lot of things, most of all it makes blood frenzy, the ulti and mist form cost next to nothing. I know its not meta, but it works for me really well. :)

I guess it's just cause I'm a Dragonknight and play aggressively. I actually want Swarming Scion to be expensive due to Battle Roar, I have plenty of offensive self healing in Burning Embers to keep up with both BfB and Blood Frenzy (at least in PvE), and I don't sit in Mistform for very long.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres at least one guy in pvp bgs who uses the old mist form to very effectively troll flags/objectives and remain unkillable while waiting for opportunities to spam jesus beam when your health gets low from dueling someone else.

I am sure he will find a way to make the new mist/streak functionality equally as annoying.

• Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Too many people are still complaining about streak even with the rest of sorcs kit being in a meh spot, so if players see they get to use "streak light" (or lets call it what it actually is, pre nerfed BoL) on any class they want, they will 100% find room for it on their skill bars.

Vampire is also extremely common in PvP already, thanks to the undeath passive providing up to 30% mitigation when it's needed most, so it's not like it's going to be a stretch to find room for the new mist form.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The new blood most though is a highly versatile skill, you can use your normal attscks while the effedt is active giving a bit of a DPS increase and it heals you as well, imsgine using it in Skyreach, even lesser skilled plwyers will beable to clear all the mobs no problem.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new blood most though is a highly versatile skill, you can use your normal attscks while the effedt is active giving a bit of a DPS increase and it heals you as well, imsgine using it in Skyreach, even lesser skilled plwyers will beable to clear all the mobs no problem.

Agreed. New Mist Skill is Approved lol.
    Edited by Vulkunne on February 6, 2023 8:05PM
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Mist was way slower than Streak during week one, but revisiting it now it seems quite fast. Still different enough for it enough to feel like a distinct mobility skill. It's a great improvement over the pure tankiness (and abused) old version.
    I think it's going to give a lot of classes a nice mobility skill, and Sorcs an interesting choice between mobility skills if they only want to use one.