The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Harmony, solo play, and synergies

• selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Also damage meta's are much more fun then tanks meta's, I'd rather die and other people die, rather every fight going for 30 mins with no one dying.

In one case, people are counting on a fight (while you collect meta sets, otherwise you die within 1 second), in another situation, a bunch of nightblades and mages run around the battlefield and cut the rest of the classes that are food, because mobility is the only thing protection.

No, both metas are not fun. As long as the zos feed the gankers, the ballgroups will get stronger because 10 gankers > 1 ganker. Simple math. Just bring pvp back to roles so people make sacrifices for high stats instead of getting everything at once. That the meta can stack massive damage and still have 25k+ armor and massive healing is nonsense that needs to be fixed, because when you're playing ganker and you see a group of people looking your way, your only thought should be "I NEED LEAVE" instead of going to the forum and saying that you can't kill people fighting 1 vs 3. Group vs group fights with focus against 1 target and if everything is in order with healing and it will be beneficial to take 1-2 healers in a group of 5-10 people (because you stupidly don’t have enough damage), then it’s your own fault that you focus the tank and lost.

I really hope that when zos talked about changing combat, they meant no more big resists and healing for mega efficient dps. Its innoing, not separate skills.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Honestly, I like this change, because necro-bombers are a real *** in BGs. If there's one on an enemy team, there's very little counterplay to them, as they just camp in their home base or run away until their proc conditions are up, and then nuke my entire group. It's quite frustrating to play against, especially for simple-upfront melee fighters.
    Personally, I don't like 2 things in PvP; players ability to do mega burst damage that has no counterplay, and players ability to burst heal through anything to nullify counterplay. I think nerfing harmony helped reduce at least one form of ridiculous burst.
    Honestly, the only reason I think Nightblades have a reason not to be nerfed right now is because they need this level of power to be viable in PvE

Im a necro main, and unless youre low on stats when getting bomb holding block its literally the counter play too many people still dodge roll. Also ZOS made sets that "punish people who stack" dont nerf a class because of sets ZOS introduced.

Also damage meta's are much more fun then tanks meta's, I'd rather die and other people die, rather every fight going for 30 mins with no one dying.

Nah, block isn't enough to survive the bombs I'm talking about. The problem is that the bombers pair DC and either VD or Plague, and when the one or 2 squishy players die, they explode and that's too much even if I have a source of Major Evasion or something.
    And I agree, I much prefer Damage metas, which is why I'd appreciate some nerfs to healing and/or cross-healing. But 20k bow procs and 15k synergies against a decently defensive build is just too much. I would rather increase the base damage of all spammables, make everything deal 6-7k against even the tanky players, than have singular instances of nuclear-level damage

Honestly block is enough, Ive pvp'd almost daily for 3 years & yes sometimes you will get caught out like I said with low stats but that's punishment for stacking like ZOS intended with those sets.

100% agree with spec bow, not being adjusted blows my mind & like I said nerfing harmony for stacking synergies is healthy for PVP but nerfing graveyard also to trash the play style makes no sense.

Also necros will still bomb using DC/VD, they will just use masters 2h like other classes and still be just as effective.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "I don't want to change how I play to combat this one specific combo" does not mean there is no counter to that combo.

Blocking. Maybe even speccing into some block mitigation!

Rolling can be hit or miss, but does work

Use a skill such as race against time, undo, or streak

The point is, I am hit by a failed necro bomb far more often than I am killed by a successful one. Perhaps this person arguing they need the nerf is on the combat team. It sure does seem like this is a knee jerk reaction to getting hit by one too many necro bombs LOL