The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

I come back from years ago and I find unpleasant surprises...

hashield
hashield
Soul Shriven
Well, I apologize for the language.

I was a slightly above average player many years ago playing in PVP, now it seems that I am already quite outdated in my construction, I wanted to catch up, I looked for some new items and I also saw that there were now mythic items, but damn since when in THAT there are items that are no longer useful in certain cases... It took me a few hours looking for a new set and 3 days looking for mythic to surprise me that THEY DO NOT WORK in PVP... DAMN!!! I AM EXTREMELY ANNOYING... NOWHERE DOES THEY SPECIFY THAT CERTAIN THINGS WILL NOT WORK IN CERTAIN ENVIRONMENTS, if something does not work, NOTIFY first!!!!
Before everything worked everywhere now you have to keep changing sets and everything to play in certain areas (something that is terribly boring and I'm not going to do) since when did THAT become so unfortunate...
if you create something for the game that is universal that works everywhere, if not, DON'T BELIEVE IT, don't do something just for the sake of it! What a waste. Honestly THAT is not what it used to be, when I played for more than 3000 hours I no longer see it as beautiful as it was. I hope that they return to the concept that every item must work in all cases and circumstances, if this is not the case, they do not believe it and do something as soon as possible for NEW players, that is, SEE A WAY TO NOTIFY PLAYERS THAT CERTAIN ITEMS DO NOT WORK EVERYWHERE AS THERE IS NO WAY TO KNOW AT THIS TIME.
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You haven't said what sets you were wearing. But by the sounds of it you have sets that have a proc effect and are in a no proc campaign.
    If that's the case then switching to a campaign that allows proc sets will solve your problem.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It tells you in the description of the campaign you select whether it is a no-cp and/or no-proc environment.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are PvP campaigns where all gear is enabled. You can switch to one of them if you like. But there were a lot of complaints that people were getting "beaten by sets", so some of the PvP campaigns have limited gear effects so people feel it is more skill-based and not about running the latest popular build.
    Options
  • hashield
    hashield
    Soul Shriven
    There is NO PVP for me currently... I can't currently play in CP activated since I'm with my points from 4 years ago, and I can't play in deactivated PVP because my set doesn't work...
    On top of that, I looked for a mythic (Ring of the Pale) and I think it doesn't work, neither in activated CP nor in deactivated CP... AND THEY DO NOT REPORT THAT ANYWHERE...
    if I had KNOWN THAT, I WOULD NOT HAVE WASTED MY TIME GETTING THAT STUPID worthless mythic! That is my anger THEY DO NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION... They do not say which are PROC items and which are not, since there are some that do not activate anything and do not take out anything and do not work either!
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AFAIK, pale order works just fine in CP Cyrodiil/IC. You weren't in a large group, were you?
    And yes, the availability of information from zos about which sets work and which don't in no CP is a long standing issue. But all sets that do anything at all in pvp should work in CP Cyrodiil and IC. I don't remember what the rules are in Bgs.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pale Order ring does work in PvP campaigns that allow procs. I agree they could be more clear whether or not something is a proc that will work in campaigns they aren't allowed.

A general rule of thumb is if the set says it will do something under certain conditions, it is a proc set.

Here's a list of stuff that will work

https://eso-hub.com/en/guides/sets-that-work-in-no-champion-points-campaign
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 29, 2023 10:59PM
    Options
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in case you don't know yet, hybrids are a thing now. All skills scale off of whatever is higher, spell or weapon damage and stamina or magicka.
    Only thing that hasn't changed is what resource a skill uses.
    Options
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d suggest finding a good current 2023 pvp build from Deltia or Dragoox or KristopherESO for your desired class, think about the skills you like to use in PvP, and read enough to learn if those skills are still viable before you invest time in grinding for new gear. Skills/things related to PvP change ALOT with most updates, especially U35…
    Edited by Caribou77 on January 30, 2023 12:53AM
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m every mmorpg I have played my characters were all eat out of date after a multi-year absence and needed all new gear. In most cases I had to find out what skills are to be used and the rotation though it’s easier in other games since builder tend to be more ridged elsewhere.

No reason to expect something different with ESO.
    Options
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    You haven't said what sets you were wearing. But by the sounds of it you have sets that have a proc effect and are in a no proc campaign.
    If that's the case then switching to a campaign that allows proc sets will solve your problem.

I just want to point out that this has been a MAJOR criticism of mine about ZoS's lackadaisical regard for the PvP playerbase in general. I practically SPAMMED feedback about how they NEED an in-game way to inform players of these effects. And no I don't just a simple label under the name of the campaign. As a person that works on UI/UX for a living it drives me nuts that they didn't even bother with this. It was clearly just a case of they were done with it and didn't care to even put the bare minimum effort into it.

All they need is a popup message when you enter a campaign with restricted gear equipped. Highlight any effects on said gear with red when they don't work in that campaign. And maybe put an icon on the tooltip window for the item itself so you know if it works in no-proc or not.

This isn't hard stuff. It's not hard to think up and it's not hard to develop. But clearly they were just done with it all and had zero intention of ever coming back and fixing this issue. So now we're stuck with what we have. A half-baked, internship-level of a job done.
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hashield wrote: »
    There is NO PVP for me currently... I can't currently play in CP activated since I'm with my points from 4 years ago, and I can't play in deactivated PVP because my set doesn't work...
    On top of that, I looked for a mythic (Ring of the Pale) and I think it doesn't work, neither in activated CP nor in deactivated CP... AND THEY DO NOT REPORT THAT ANYWHERE...
    if I had KNOWN THAT, I WOULD NOT HAVE WASTED MY TIME GETTING THAT STUPID worthless mythic! That is my anger THEY DO NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION... They do not say which are PROC items and which are not, since there are some that do not activate anything and do not take out anything and do not work either!

Not sure what about the Ring of the Pale orders description confused you:

Ring of the Pale Order

(1 item) Restore 20% of the damage you deal as Health. This value is decreased by 4% per ally you are grouped with. You cannot be healed by anyone but yourself.
    Options
  • hashield
    hashield
    Soul Shriven
    Are you noticing in some of your responses??? do they realize what they are saying??'... they are advising me to investigate, find out and search for information!!!! that's boring!!! It's like saying I have to work for fun.
    I enter to play I do not want to read information in forums, blogs or pages, since it stops being a game to become a job!

As I see it, I have to look for a set, then see if it will work where I am going to play, then if I want to play in another area I have to leave the set I just got and find a new one that works where I want to play again and apart from that I have to change my style of play and prepare my skills, potions and everything for the new set, that is, change my whole way of playing for a new zone. horrible!!!!

if they put ITEMS into the game that only works in certain circumstances it is already UNACCEPTABLE, everything must work everywhere or not work anywhere, that is supposed to be immersion. that's why when they do something and do it wrong is when these problems occur.

THIS ALREADY DISAPPOINTED ME VERY STRONG.
    I HAD ENTERED PVP HAPPY, TO LATER SEE THAT ALL THE EFFORT WAS SERVED NOTHING.
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you noticing in some of your responses??? do they realize what they are saying??'... they are advising me to investigate, find out and search for information!!!! that's boring!!! It's like saying I have to work for fun.
    I enter to play I do not want to read information in forums, blogs or pages, since it stops being a game to become a job!

As I see it, I have to look for a set, then see if it will work where I am going to play, then if I want to play in another area I have to leave the set I just got and find a new one that works where I want to play again and apart from that I have to change my style of play and prepare my skills, potions and everything for the new set, that is, change my whole way of playing for a new zone. horrible!!!!

if they put ITEMS into the game that only works in certain circumstances it is already UNACCEPTABLE, everything must work everywhere or not work anywhere, that is supposed to be immersion. that's why when they do something and do it wrong is when these problems occur.

Honestly this idea was in the game from the beginning (before you left). You can have a weapon ability unlocked but it won't work if you don't have the weapon equipped. Accidentally swapping your damage and resto staves and then getting stuck in combat can be a fun time (just kidding). Harness Magicka is a shield that only works if you have light armor on, and will stop working even if your gear is just broken. You must have the correct number of pieces of a set on for it to work, which is another condition.

Not everything works everywhere in every configuration. That doesn't mean there is not immersion as this is true in our real world too.

I hope that you are able to enjoy ESO again. But it may not be the game for you if you truly think you should never have to figure anything out or read up on something outside of the game. While ZOS should maybe have better info in game, ESO is complex and it is unlikely that you won't run into this again in some way. MMO's in general are like this and I have found that even simple mobile games will require a quick online search to figure out a roadblock... at least for me. In any game your options are to try things and adapt when they don't work, or go read guides and follow those without trying to figure it out yourself. I do some of both. :)
    Edited by peacenote on January 30, 2023 12:40PM
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't let lack of cp stop you from playing in the cp/proc campaign.
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What research? You just need to take a moment to read the set description in game, you can look up any set now with the set collections system, to see in advance whether its something you feel the need to farm or not.
    Options
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hashield I understand your frustration, but after not playing many years, it is normal to be behind in terms of game play and gear. Instead of being annoyed, I say you should be happy that you can be a "noob" again, (re)learn the ropes and have fun. :smile:

You tried to get a shortcut in the end-game thinking you are returning player, but things have changed a lot. Imagine that I am casually playing for years (and am playing since the launch), and have trouble keeping up with changes to skills/sets and balance.

There are some good changes, such as the armory system, so you can have a backup build that you can constantly play with, or just have two opposed builds, like stamina and magicka, for your char. Also, the "sticker book", the gear collection system, allows you to farm gear much more easy, because if you are after a set, you will stop getting duplicate pieces until you complete it.

Probably, it wasn't a good idea to invest so much time in mythics before researching a bit. Anyway, the Pale Order Ring is useful outside PvP too, it was actually introduced as a way to help people get through the new Vateshran Arena. To be honest, I don't bother with mythics anymore. I got this ring and the speed buff one, which is a great time saver when farming or doing chore quests.

IMO your time is better invested working for more champion points, and for that you can use the event and xp scrolls. Maybe get a companion too, if you like the idea (some are more helpful than others).

Make the best of your new opportunity of being a "noob" again, and I say this kindly, in a fun way, if you know what I mean. We always remember the good ol' times when we were in greens and did silly things in games. I was killed by a spider in Bethnik because I didn't know that all the abilities and points were reset by a patch haha
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    Options
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is stated in the description of any item and campaign.

"No proc campaign" = Every proc set in the game doesn't work here

Proc set = Every set/item/mythic that does X when you do Y

It's not rocket science

I was in the top 10 for this game

Top 10 of what? Where is the chart of the best pvp players?

Edited by jecks33 on January 31, 2023 11:20AM
    PC-EU
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    upset that you left for a long time and everything didnt stay the same for you.

upset that the item you wanted didnt do what you thought because you couldnt be bothered to even look at the item card.

upset that the no-proc campaign has no procs.

i feel like a "top 10" player would easily get back into things.

Edited by SpacemanSpiff1 on January 31, 2023 1:05PM
    Options
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    can i get a number 10
    Options
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You took an extended break; it wouldn't matter which content you were doing your build would have been outdated due to ZoS' quarterly build Armageddon patches alone, not to mention the frequent introduction of new sets and mythics each year. Just research the current meta then get farming and you'll be back up to speed in no time.
    Options
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    Some posts have been removed as they violate our community rules. Please remember to keep discussions civil and constructive.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Captain_Devildog
    Captain_Devildog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope your where not playing a Templar because a Templar is not a Templar anymore..
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ya could just go and play battleground which has no CP active but also has sets active if it's that much of an issue for you
    Options
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A visitor to the prison , how unusual! - NPC
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every MMO I've ever played changes over time. Leaving the game for an extended period and then returning will always require some catching up that must be done.

I'm sorry that it's not fun for you to research the changes when you return to the game. Many of us simply don't find our fun destroyed by having to do some checking up on the current state of the game. We are all different. If the game is work for you rather than play, perhaps it's time to do something else that IS fun?
    Options
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should have changed more, the base of ESO was never really strong.
    Options
  • MajorProblem
    OP has a point in that ESO does not tell you anything about the game - ingame. Without businesses aka content creators building websites and making videos in order to explain ESO to the audience, we'd all know nothing. Why on earth do we have to visit a website to learn which sets do work where and where not? How difficult could it be to add a database entry to the sets, stating "proc-set" for example?
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I appreciate the frustration man, one of my boys came back after a few years and had a similar experience. He'd been a very good pvper and for months just couldn't get anything to work again. And yeah. He wasted a tonne of time and coin theory crafting various stuff only to find it was trash.

And I've fallen way behind myself just because I dont bother keeping up to date on patches anymore.

In terms of your specific issue it does clearly state that proc sets are disabled in the various pvp modes when you go to queue up for them. But no where in game or even here on their website does ZOS bother actually listing what doesn't work in no proc and what does. We're just expected to figure it out for ourselves.

A simple tag on sets that are effected by this would help a lot.
    Options