Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO Necrom's Zone has the wrong title

• Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah when I heard ''Telvanni Peninsula'' and ''Necrom'' I was expecting this
    IZwZgW7.png

not this
    4jTKmQd.png

This right here^ yes technically it’s the southern part of the telvanni peninsula it makes no sense to me why they wouldn’t choose to add the most telvanni part of the peninsula… why are we making it sound like this chapter is mainly about the telvanni when we are in the area that was mainly controlled by house indoril and dres. The map should have been moved up more where port telvannis is the most northern part and necrom at the south East was a bit confusing to me tbh. Obviously I only question this assuming they won’t add the northern part for Another telvanni chapter hopefully they do
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    IZwZgW7.png

not this
    4jTKmQd.png

This right here^ yes technically it’s the southern part of the telvanni peninsula it makes no sense to me why they wouldn’t choose to add the most telvanni part of the peninsula… why are we making it sound like this chapter is mainly about the telvanni when we are in the area that was mainly controlled by house indoril and dres. The map should have been moved up more where port telvannis is the most northern part and necrom at the south East was a bit confusing to me tbh. Obviously I only question this assuming they won’t add the northern part for Another telvanni chapter hopefully they do

As you suggest, there is enough room to the north for an entire zone in the game at a later date. At this time, they can name the zones using the Northern/Southern or Upper/Lower designation, as they did with Elsweyr.

As for who mainly controls the region, that is information that ZOS is in a better position to reveal. In the end, it may show that what the people in the 3rd Era read about is not exactly accurate.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    IZwZgW7.png

not this
    4jTKmQd.png

As you suggest, there is enough room to the north for an entire zone in the game at a later date. At this time, they can name the zones using the Northern/Southern or Upper/Lower designation, as they did with Elsweyr.

As for who mainly controls the region, that is information that ZOS is in a better position to reveal. In the end, it may show that what the people in the 3rd Era read about is not exactly accurate.

Or I suppose it’s possible that indoril and dres control it in the third era later and later but telvanni controlled it around the second era sort of like a fight of houses on who controls the land
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First ZOS removed most of House Redoran's land and capital, and now they are removing House Indoril's.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First ZOS removed most of House Redoran's land and capital, and now they are removing House Indoril's.

It comes to the point where are they gonna acknowledge a mistake, or just say this is a retcon?

Since eso is the ones carrying the lore atm they really need to insure accuracy and consistently with established lore.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭

Also not to mention isn’t vvardenfell pretty incorrect on which houses are in charge of certain towns if I’m not mistaken?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It comes to the point where are they gonna acknowledge a mistake, or just say this is a retcon?

Since eso is the ones carrying the lore atm they really need to insure accuracy and consistently with established lore.

Yup. I think they even said at one point they are aware that the Velothi Mountains with the missing Blacklight is an error. Though nothing seems to be done about it, and now with Necrom it continues. What's next? Are Indoril gonna be in Dres' territory and remove them?

Also not to mention isn’t vvardenfell pretty incorrect on which houses are in charge of certain towns if I’m not mistaken?

Some of the base game Morrowind cities and zones got weird places, like Narsis. But can't think of any big differences of cities on Vvardenfell. Like Balmora wasn't purely one house in the third era, nor is it in the second, so that's okay in my book.

But this removal of two of the main Great Houses is making me wonder wtf is going on at ZOS' end. House Hlaalu is supposed to be the smallest of the Great Houses during this era, with Redoran, Indoril and Dres being the big ones. Telvanni being a bit of their own isolated case. But as it looks now, Hlaalu and Telvanni are massive, and the others are...barely there.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. I think they even said at one point they are aware that the Velothi Mountains with the missing Blacklight is an error. Though nothing seems to be done about it, and now with Necrom it continues. What's next? Are Indoril gonna be in Dres' territory and remove them?

Some of the base game Morrowind cities and zones got weird places, like Narsis. But can't think of any big differences of cities on Vvardenfell. Like Balmora wasn't purely one house in the third era, nor is it in the second, so that's okay in my book.

But this removal of two of the main Great Houses is making me wonder wtf is going on at ZOS' end. House Hlaalu is supposed to be the smallest of the Great Houses during this era, with Redoran, Indoril and Dres being the big ones. Telvanni being a bit of their own isolated case. But as it looks now, Hlaalu and Telvanni are massive, and the others are...barely there.

This is only exacerbated if you consider that ESO's original map didn't even have space for the Redoran lands in it. They only moved Skyrim slightly to the west when they should have moved it quite a bit more until Eastmarch doesn't cover Blacklight anymore. Also, ESO invented Indoril architecture and then proceeded to not give the Indoril any land but making it all Hlaalu, Dres or Telvanni. That's so weird. Gorne, an Indoril controlled island and one of the public dungeons in Necrom, is using Hlaalu concrete (the Balmora look), which was supposed to be a recent invention, rather than having the proper Indoril buildings.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on April 23, 2023 10:40PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest. I love how eso handles Khajiit my favorite race. They brought to life what I always wanted to see. And I think they did an amazing job with it. I think it’s the best part of eso.

As for Dunmer stuff morrowind is my favorite game in the series and I just don’t like how they handled Dunmer culture at all in eso. I’m hesitant with necrom now with these errors.

It’s almost like eso does a better job with areas the main series didn’t touch.
    (Not counting pixel
    Graphics in tes 1 arena )

Elsweyr / High isle / Summerset / Black marsh / etc did amazing jobs in my opinion.

Actually the Skyrim chapter they did really well re-creating the feeling a great deal.

But for some reason they just can’t seem to get that vibe right. Morrowind was lighting in a bottle a magic j think no one can reproduce so I get that but stuff just doesn’t feel like it was done with full familiarity with tes 3.

It feels sort of like how rings of power does to Tolkien. It just feels like based on but not honoring.

I really don’t want to be too harsh because I do appreciate them trying to do morrowind but… these inconsistencies should be acknowledged and fixed.
    Edited by isadoraisacat on April 23, 2023 10:28PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest. I love how eso handles Khajiit my favorite race. They brought to life what I always wanted to see. And I think they did an amazing job with it. I think it’s the best part of eso.

As for Dunmer stuff morrowind is my favorite game in the series and I just don’t like how they handled Dunmer culture at all in eso. I’m hesitant with necrom now with these errors.

(Not counting pixel

Elsweyr / High isle / Summerset / Black marsh / etc did amazing jobs in my opinion.

Actually the Skyrim chapter they did really well re-creating the feeling a great deal.

But for some reason they just can’t seem to get that vibe right. Morrowind was lighting in a bottle a magic j think no one can reproduce so I get that but stuff just doesn’t feel like it was done with full familiarity with tes 3.

It feels sort of like how rings of power does to Tolkien. It just feels like based on but not honoring.

I really don’t want to be too harsh because I do appreciate them trying to do morrowind but… these inconsistencies should be acknowledged and fixed.

I agree that Elsweyr surpassed expectations when it came to the Khajiit. I honestly thought they would retcon the different types of Khajiit and walk the path of least resistance like Bethesda did before them.

But Summerset was a downgrade in my opinion. They gave us this excuse that buildings can't be made from poetry and that "crystal buildings like insect wings" are just a fancy description from an Imperial. Yeah no, that was just an excuse so that everything can look like Neu Schwanstein (basis for the Disney castle) and actual crystals would have been too hard for them. They made Summerset smaller, replaced most of it with inaccessible mountains, left Cloudrest inaccessible due to the raid and Sunhold because of a Maormer attack. The Psijic stuff was nice and all, but they also made them seem utterly incompetent and not like the protectors of reality.

Also, the Adamantine tower. Remember how ZOS almost completely ruined the lore of the Adamantine tower on a whim? They were fully prepared to launch it like that. I am honestly surprised that ZOS even listened to our complaints because they never did in all the other cases.

It's instances like these that just make me question whether the developers really love the series as much as we do or just pretend like they do because it's their job. My guess is that some do and some don't, but too often those who don't have the last say. Otherwise I cannot really explain how they can put so much attention to detail here but overlook the most obvious things there and then stubbornly refuse to change anything.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

(Not counting pixel

I agree that Elsweyr surpassed expectations when it came to the Khajiit. I honestly thought they would retcon the different types of Khajiit and walk the path of least resistance like Bethesda did before them.

But Summerset was a downgrade in my opinion. They gave us this excuse that buildings can't be made from poetry and that "crystal buildings like insect wings" are just a fancy description from an Imperial. Yeah no, that was just an excuse so that everything can look like Neu Schwanstein (basis for the Disney castle) and actual crystals would have been too hard for them. They made Summerset smaller, replaced most of it with inaccessible mountains, left Cloudrest inaccessible due to the raid and Sunhold because of a Maormer attack. The Psijic stuff was nice and all, but they also made them seem utterly incompetent and not like the protectors of reality.

Also, the Adamantine tower. Remember how ZOS almost completely ruined the lore of the Adamantine tower on a whim? They were fully prepared to launch it like that. I am honestly surprised that ZOS even listened to our complaints because they never did in all the other cases.

It's instances like these that just make me question whether the developers really love the series as much as we do or just pretend like they do because it's their job. My guess is that some do and some don't, but too often those who don't have the last say. Otherwise I cannot really explain how they can put so much attention to detail here but overlook the most obvious things there and then stubbornly refuse to change anything.

I hear ya I think, Bethesda game studios loves tes. I think zos as you said some do, others it’s just their job.

And I hear you on summerset, I let that stuff slide because the chapter was good.

I think they did the best with the Breton stuff recently and Khajiit I think it’s the highest point of eso. I think morrowind is by far their lowest point on both sides. I almost wished they left it alone. And just did the areas we don’t see in the main series only.