The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will you play the new class, the Arcanist

• Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rageypoo wrote: »
    They need to make changing class part of the lore, I know tokens seem like a good solution, but we gotta get away from the crown store. Make it so we can class change in the game naturally!

You mean like how it’s done in one of their mmo competitors? That would be awesome. Then we could all just have 1 character that can change class to what’s needed rather than having 18 separate characters. I bet it would clean up a bunch of clutter on the character maintenance side of things too.

I’ve often wondered if they counted each new character creation as a “new player” when coming up with their end of year growth calculations. Lol
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other: Flesh this out in your comments.
    Depends on feedback from the PTS. I wasn't a fan of warden and ignored necro for that reason. This combat team has not impressed. Old classes are the best. Aesthetically it looks like another class with green translucent animations. So far, so warden.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Malthorne wrote: »
    v9ucni7fiyb8.jpeg

Does it come with a carbuncle too?

I only got that job to level 11 lol. Capped WHM, SGE, RPR, GNB, DNC and current working on BLM. I might switch back though, I like Carbuncle.

A bit glad the ESO version doesn’t seem have a carbuncle though. We already have enough issues over sorc pets. Lol

Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, but only if they allow class change tokens.
    Not deleting any of my 18 characters for it, so extra character slots would need to be provided, or maybe class change tokens (if they aren't too expensive).
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭
    depend of skill tree and gameplay.
    if it's look cool on pts i'm ready to invest in an arcanist healer.
    but as is see the portal system of the class look chaotic for me.
    Options
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends. Does it come with a character slot?
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, looking forward to it.
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »
    Nope, I´m not doing Cadwells Silver and Gold and all the expansions again.

Wow, why would you need to do that? You wouldn’t need the skill points… Most don’t wish to grind guild lines or skill points in general. Everyone plays the game differently, of course, but personally, I can’t see doing these on any character. On my main story character I’ll do the main and their alliance questline and then areas as I get to them… But why would they work for another alliance? Other characters do other stories, inlcuding alliance, and between those and dungeons and skyshards, I get enough skill points.
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I have a main and/or alt. No more for me.
    Unless they introduce class change tokens, no.

I haven't even fully brought my Necromancers up to speed.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an alcoholic and cannot resist new character slots, I'm also excited about trying new abilities
    PC-EU
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the sake of exploration. Maybe I'll find something interesting.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I like to have characters in all specs, and I have slots available, so I will absolutely make an arcanist, and try the class out. It's early to say because the PTS is not out yet, but from the preview, I doubt it will replace my main characters, as I wasn't a fan of the visuals and animations (they seemed poorly designed and mobile game-like), and the skills looked a bit clanky.
    Options
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, to much hassle.
    Most likely not. I didnt see the class change token option, but yeah, without a class change token, I simply cannot rationalise spending HUNDREDS of hours exploring everything again , simply because the devs are too obstinate to put in a class change token.
    Options
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, to much hassle.
    Arato wrote: »
    I have 0 desire to comb through the same quests and zones I've already done multiple times for skill points
    I have 0 desire to plod at turtle speeds while I do daily mount training which generally means I park the alt at a stablemaster and just log in once a day for half a year.
    I have 0 desire to train crafting on a new character

I still have 2-3 characters that I've barely touched they're just both at level 50 because of how stale repeating the same quest lines and delves is.. after having them just camp a stablemaster for half a year before I used them at all as it is.

New class requiring new character was one of the last things I could have desired from a new chapter.
    I don't even have a necromancer because of these things.

Same. I have emotional attachment to my 3 characters. I have spent years playing this game through ad nauseum, and refuse to play through ALL the content, like I did on them, for a new class. No way. The only way I would even consider it, is if I got a class change token.
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No because I won't buy the chapter.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would've rather had new skill lines that everyone can use, or at least the ability to change class. That is just me though, my friend is super excited for the new class. To be fair, it does look really cool.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely. A new class is exactly what I was hoping for. Bring it on!
    Options
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, but not looking forward to the grind.
    If I get the expansion I'll have a throwaway Arcanist alt, just like with the necromancer.

But I have a main I'm married to more or less. Doesn't matter what class they introduce, for me to be satisfied playing another char they'd need to have done every quest in the game like she has. Every dungeon, every dlc and chapter etc.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    Options
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course I will create an arcanist when the new chapter comes out.

Then I'll park him at the stable master and login regulary to level mount speed and crafting professions. When the character has finished all riding lessons and is max level in all crafting professions I'll powerlevel him. No need to play through all the quests again.

After all that I think ZOS has done some inevitable adjustments and I can play the class as it's meant to be played by ZOS.
    Options
  • FuBi0
    FuBi0
    ✭✭
    This is more along the lines of the class I wanted in the beginnning but without a class change token, it's a no go. I simply don't have the time to regrind all the content. I don't see them enabling class changes though. I'll live without it.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a 'maybe' option that doesn't make assumptions about the reason.

I will definitely try it out, but I want to see how it actually works and if it's a class I want to play before I make a decision, rather than going purely off the marketing.

Although I've got at least 1 of each class so far, so I might make one just to complete the set, but that doesn't mean I'll actually play them much.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    I’ve often wondered if they counted each new character creation as a “new player” when coming up with their end of year growth calculations. Lol

I seriously doubt it. But they probably count new accounts purchased by existing players as "new players."
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    I'm an alcoholic and cannot resist new character slots, I'm also excited about trying new abilities

I'm guessing you meant to type "altaholic"! :smiley:
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it isn't super egregiously Hermaeous Mora themed (for ex. if it's viable to avoid using the tentacle skills), then yes.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can not wait! But I also hope that you can change your class and that my main character, who already has an affinity for Hermaeus Mora, can follow this path.
    Options
  • dutchusuk
    dutchusuk
    ✭✭✭
    With a extra character slot then yes, i shall not buy a extra slot.
    Options
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need class change tokens or (three) extra character slots to play the Arcanist. I've put too much time and effort in my characters in mount training (all 18 are maxed out) and crafting (17 are 8-trait crafters, 1 is a 9-trait crafter) and all know too much mofits, recipes and furnishing pages to delete one. In other words "One does not simply delete characters"

Edited by HertoginJanneke on January 26, 2023 12:00PM
    Options
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just to try it. Not looking forward to grinding out mount training and Antiquities skill lines, so doubt it will replace my main.
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes! it's been the most request feature for years now.
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give it a shot. I really don't mind leveling and doing the quests again(should I choose to) the ONLY part that I'll have an issue with is furniture/crafting plans, recipes etc having to make sure my main knows them, but I do that with alts already. Well, that and the fact that they DIDN'T GIVE US A MONK! But, I'll survive. I'll endure. "Sniff" I'll make it. /Wipes away tear. I'll be fine......
    Options
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I have a main and/or alt. No more for me.
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »
    Nope, I´m not doing Cadwells Silver and Gold and all the expansions again.

Wow, why would you need to do that? You wouldn’t need the skill points… Most don’t wish to grind guild lines or skill points in general. Everyone plays the game differently, of course, but personally, I can’t see doing these on any character. On my main story character I’ll do the main and their alliance questline and then areas as I get to them… But why would they work for another alliance? Other characters do other stories, inlcuding alliance, and between those and dungeons and skyshards, I get enough skill points.

Because otherwise they will get stuck in your quest journal forever, since they can't be abandoned. If you can get past the psychological need to tick everything off a to-do list, then I guess it's not a big deal. But some people definitely feel it's essential to have a clean log.
    Options
  • Onomog
    Onomog
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, but not looking forward to the grind.
    The grind is daunting, especially mount training. Maybe it would be less so if I were more excited about the new stuff, or the game in general.
    Options