The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Will you play the new class, the Arcanist

gorky1
gorky1
✭✭✭

Will you play the new class, the Arcanist 417 votes

Yes, looking forward to it.
54%
NestorSorianaSolarikenBlueRavenvailjohn_ESOGalenadyreonb14_ESOtohopka_esoCheveyoJarndycedaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOGlassHalfFullLeighlaaDarcyMardinlinktwodragonb14_ESOopajsarahvhoffb14_ESOssewallb14_ESOstimpy986b14_ESOWuffyCerulei 228 votes
Yes, but only if they allow class change tokens.
7%
acastanza_ESOAratoVehlirJacozillaAektannTX12001rwb17_ESODelgentNeKryXegorky1Enemy-of-ColdharbourSpawn186Casuldisintegr8FuBi0TyrobagSeminolegirl1992LukosCreydenRaptorRodeoGodAriordinRanthuk 31 votes
Maybe, but not looking forward to the grind.
11%
wenchmore420b14_ESODarkstorneVriendadanno8KitsuneShoujoskriggerAvalonRangerAdernathkiesoLondonCallingw002explillybitKatahdinSerasWhipKaspyGiantFruitFlyTommy_The_GunInaya1The_Titan_TimSkall66 49 votes
No, to much hassle.
4%
BelegnolemertustaHymzirKliffkollege14a5The_LexArchMikemduaglothHamish999Alinhbo_TyakaGregaExistingRug61jtm1018SephyrInspiral808GetAgrippaxgoku1logan68joerginoJammy420 20 votes
No, I have a main and/or alt. No more for me.
12%
laurajffleetingyouth_ESOSuddwrathStxFaulgorNic727MalthorneTreselegantElsonsoLonestryderSheridanYoWombatshadyjane62OtarTheMadFruity_NinjaVevvevcmetzger93AstironAliyavanaRupzSkooma 53 votes
Other: Flesh this out in your comments.
8%
chessalavakia_ESOThorntongueDanikatMaster_FluffJames-WayneBloodyStigmataDMuehlhausenCastagereJMadFourDojohodaDracan_Fontomfred4emilyhyoyeonTranquilizeranadandyjaws343JaimehcoletasKallykatspartaxoxo 36 votes
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely, I am going to create my 11 healer 🏥 and 7th tank.
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on January 26, 2023 3:20AM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ll try it at the very least. I have my main and main-alts, so I’m not super excited to start a character from scratch, but it looks fun nonetheless.
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you had asked me at the end of last year I wouldn't have been interested in a new class since I really didn't like necromancer, but something about arcanist really has me interested.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love making and leveling alts, and knowing we get two character slots (1 free with chapter, 1 in store to buy) just makes it even better!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely, looks fun!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am already brainstorming my new character! :blush: Maybe a Dunmer of House Indoril — I need to read up on their lore, and then decide on a name, and contingencies, and then try out some character designs…
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 0 desire to comb through the same quests and zones I've already done multiple times for skill points
    I have 0 desire to plod at turtle speeds while I do daily mount training which generally means I park the alt at a stablemaster and just log in once a day for half a year.
    I have 0 desire to train crafting on a new character

I still have 2-3 characters that I've barely touched they're just both at level 50 because of how stale repeating the same quest lines and delves is.. after having them just camp a stablemaster for half a year before I used them at all as it is.

New class requiring new character was one of the last things I could have desired from a new chapter.
    I don't even have a necromancer because of these things.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure
    What they showed looked great to me
    Only 145 days left to wait...
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is the class of my dreams. It is worth buying the chapter for and subbing for the year.

But it is not worth spending another decade slowly playing a new character through content I have already completed for... and so unless they finally allow class change tokens, I will continue to look at this game every now and see if they add anything that makes it worth continuing my journey in Tamriel with an existing character.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am already brainstorming my new character! :blush: Maybe a Dunmer of House Indoril — I need to read up on their lore, and then decide on a name, and contingencies, and then try out some character designs…

Me too. Won't be dunmer (I have a few, but they're not something I play much); might be another Breton.... or another Bosmer.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming they add new character slots, then yes, absolutely.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not 100% sure but highly unlikely. I've other alts and other character concepts I'm interested in making with the new slots which does not fit this heavy Apocrypha/Mora theme.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it, but I'll give it a try. I love my main, and due to AwA I don't play alts. So the only way I'll continue playing an arcanist is if I like it more than my main, and I'm doubtful that'll happen. But I'll give it a whirl and see.
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs to be a "Yes, But I'm not looking forward to the grind" option.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to, but I know how ZOS is.
    PvP needs more love.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, grudgingly. I don't hate creating characters, it's just that hybridization, account wide achievements sorta cured my altaholism. I have a stamblade on PC that is still below level 20, has been for months, this is the longest I've left a character alone without playing them. It's probably burnout, probably lots of other life shite, but I guess we'll see how it goes come June.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely. The First thing I'll do when the chapter is released is create an Arcanist. I might not immediately go the new zone however, to avoid the crush, and the speed runners.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »

They're adding a free one with the chapter, and one more to buy in the store.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m already brainstorming character ideas… I can’t wait to try out the portals and learn all about the class. Though, I wouldn’t be surprised if the portals become a problem and may be changed.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »

They will! One free and a paid one for a total of 20 slot
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but preferably with a class change token. Regardless I will play it.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm brainstorming too. So far my idea is an escaped khajiiti slave who turned to hermaeus mora for the strength to ward off their would-be pursuers.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious to see how it plays. It won't replace my two mains, since I have so much time invested in them, but I'll definitely create an Arcanist alt on each server. When it comes to the PTS (which is still months away), I imagine that players will be trying out different builds with it to see which ones are the best.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to even touch Necromancers.

I do have one of every class tbh, but they are pretty much exclusively used as mules nowadays. Killing Skeevers with green energy balls instead of red noodles doesn't really change anything about the gameplay, it's just a visual reskin.
  • gorky1
    gorky1
    ✭✭✭
    Seems there will be a lot of new Arcanists!

As a serious altaholic, I know my limits. 4 accounts (2 in NA, 2 in EU) and 26 chars total, I just simply don't have time for another char. Class change token is my only realistic option.

On a side note, I sensing a serious possibility of exploits with that wormhole skill. (e.g. Figuring out where to land inside a castle in PvP.)
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really not interested in abandoning the character I've played since Summerset and fell in love with. I've had older characters, but they're not the same as my DK which fits my aggressive playstyle more. The Arcanist seems to have some Sorc vibes to it, especially with the portal, and I just don't see myself enjoying it.

Shame my DK gets nothing new to play around with, but I guess if the class becomes popular I'll have new characters to kill in Cyrodiil. Assuming they'll be fair fights, but I doubt it considering the kind of mobility this class will be getting...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to make changing class part of the lore, I know tokens seem like a good solution, but we gotta get away from the crown store. Make it so we can class change in the game naturally!
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    v9ucni7fiyb8.jpeg

Does it come with a carbuncle too?
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rageypoo wrote: »
    They need to make changing class part of the lore, I know tokens seem like a good solution, but we gotta get away from the crown store. Make it so we can class change in the game naturally!

This would be the dream, but it is far more likely to happen if it is profitable... and a class change token would be a cash cow with golden udders.

-- edited because zos has a VERY tight profanity filter XD
    Edited by Sealish on January 26, 2023 12:57AM