The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Access code?

jlane38ub17_ESO
This morning I got a message that I needed to enter an access code because my computer (the same and only one I've been using) is not authorized to log in to this account. It says an email was sent with a code but after waiting for 10 minutes I have not received an email and can't get into my account. Why was this suddenly sent when it's the same computer I use every day, and why am I not getting the email? If you implement a security feature like this you need to let people know, and make sure the emails are sent promptly, especially if you're going to add on a 24 hour lock out to get a new code sent – that's just good interaction design. Is there any resolution to this? Is there a window within which users should expect to receive the email? If that's the case, you should say that in the message - "Emails may take up to x minutes to be received, please be patient."
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2023 5:32PM
  • jlane38ub17_ESO
    30 minutes and still no email. I can't close the game because I'm concerned I'll be locked out for 24 hours and have responsibilities to my guild. Is this feature broken?
  • jlane38ub17_ESO
    Closed the game and relaunched it, figured it couldn't possibly work... but it did? Please disregard the request above...
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

With there already being a thread opened on this subject here, we're going to go ahead and close this one down.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.