The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No access Code for logging into account / CONSTANTLY does not recognize IP/device

Alastrine
Alastrine
✭✭✭✭
Starting this thread, there was another entitled Crown Store login issues where for me the real issue is being unable to log into my account - to either buy crowns or to view/change my subscription.
FIRST ISSUE
Why is the game suddenly - the last 1-2 weeks - not recognizing devices and IPs? My IP is not changing, my computer is not changing, yet EVERY 24 hours I need an access code because it says it doesn't recognize my device or IP. As in... today I will need an access code. Once received (IF received) I can log in to that account all day with no issues. Try to log into it tomorrow? I will need another access code. Ridiculous.
SECOND ISSUE
NOT EVEN GETTING THE ACCESS CODE, thereby not being able to log in to the account at all. From what I have seen, this appears to be an issue with hotmail accounts. I have multiple ESO accounts, each with their own email. Only two have hotmail accounts. For one of them I had to resort to creating a new gmail account and having it changed via a support ticket, then I finally got an access code and could log in. Tried the other hotmail account today and - no access code received. I don't want to make another new email account!!!!! This is ridiculous!!!

THE ISSUE STARTS WITH ZOS NOT RECOGNIZING IPS AND DEVICES FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS, FOR ANY ACCOUNT.
Can someone please please look into this, this is new and obviously something at ZoS's end has changed and needs to be fixed.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 20, 2024 4:41PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Staff Post
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »

Thanks Bill.
    None of those worked and none of them were the issue.
    Yesterday, after a week and a half, I got an access code, yet I changed absolutely nothing.
    That said, I went to log in again today on the same account and guess what? It didn't recognize my device or IP.
    This problem is at ZoS end and it's really annoying.
    At least I did get a code (again) this time.

But I don't consider it fixed until it starts recognizing my account/device/IP, whatever it's problem is.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alastrine

At this point we recommend that you start a ticket with customer support for help looking into your device isn't being memorized.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alastrine

At this point we recommend that you start a ticket with customer support for help looking into your device isn't being memorized.

I had, when this all started.
    The issue wasn't addressed and wasn't fixed. I gave up and just cancelled most of my Plus accounts the next time I managed to have the time to do all the code stuff again to log in.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alastrine

What was your ticket number?

We can check on why the issue wasn't addressed.
    Staff Post
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alastrine

What was your ticket number?

We can check on why the issue wasn't addressed.

It was included in my ticket for not getting access codes but was never addressed. I did start getting the access codes and figured the whole issue was fixed but as it turned out of course, it wasn't. It still isn't. I still need an access code every 24 hours for all 12 of my accounts which is crazy frustrating and why I haven't bothered renewing the Plus on a number of them.

I have started a new ticket but there is no option for this issue in the descriptions. I chose "did not receive access code" which isn't accurate but there isn't anything that suits. I don't hold out any hope that anything will be fixed though. Pretty much given up at this point.

Edit - It gets better. The original ticket for the access code issue isn't even showing in My Support any longer, though I still have the emails I received for it.
    Edited by Alastrine on December 11, 2022 6:40AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alastrine

You can post your new ticket number in this thread so we can take a look.
    Staff Post
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alastrine

You can post your new ticket number in this thread so we can take a look.

Thank you ZOS_Bill, Support has responded and it has been kicked up to Dev team so they are trying to find the issue.

It would be helpful to know if others are having this issue but may not realize it because perhaps they don't log into their accounts as much as I have been lately (once I noticed the problem I intentionally kept logging in to see if it persisted).

Here's hoping.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alastrine

Thank you for the update!
    Staff Post
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to update...
    No further word from support. They said weeks ago they'd get back to me but nothing. When I went to check the support thread it had actually been marked that it had timed out (or something like that).
    So I guess there will be no solution for this. If not, it would have been nice if they just said so.

The issue persists.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alastrine wrote: »
    Just to update...
    No further word from support. They said weeks ago they'd get back to me but nothing. When I went to check the support thread it had actually been marked that it had timed out (or something like that).
    So I guess there will be no solution for this. If not, it would have been nice if they just said so.

The issue persists.

If it persists then it'd help if you posted your ticket number so they can look at it next time they visit the thread.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alastrine

As mentioned above, you are welcome to post your ticket number here in this thread.
    Staff Post
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alastrine

As mentioned above, you are welcome to post your ticket number here in this thread.

221211-000363
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alastrine

Thank you for your ticket number! I've sent you a forum PM with an update.
    Staff Post
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alastrine

Thank you for your ticket number! I've sent you a forum PM with an update.

Got the message Zos_Bill, thank you.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be helpful to know if others are having this issue but may not realize it because perhaps they don't log into their accounts as much as I have been lately

I also have multiple accounts and have noticed recently that my computer is regularly not recognized. However, I have not had a problem getting the access code.

• ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    Last week I changed pc's for the first time in years, ESO keeps asking me to enter an access code as well. Like SirLee, I do get the codes, it is just annoying it keeps asking over and over.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem still persists for me as well.
    Support has stopped responding. Zos_Bill said it would take time.
    It's taken so much time, the ticket expired.

I guess this is just the annoying way it is now. Something broke or changed and it either can't be fixed or isn't important enough.

At least seeing others with the same issue is something, thank you for posting.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alastrine

Your latest response has re-opened the ticket, so another update should be coming soon.
    Staff Post
  • Noisivid
    Noisivid
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

I'm having a similar problems over the last few days.

Login in tells me this computer is not authorized to log into my account (same computer I've been using) and to check my e-mail for a log in code. but the log-in code never shows up. I am able to change the password though and apparently log into my account here on the forums. Now the support page (and other ESO website pages) is undergoing maintenance...

Is the maintenance at least in part regarding this issue?

I'm not really sure how to proceed as I can not currently start a support ticket.
    Edited by Noisivid on January 20, 2023 4:59PM
    Vogon Poet Laureate
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh joy, now I get these messages when I try to log into the game itself. 5 minutes, waiting on an access code.

So I tried to log in to the same accounts actual account page. It says I'm not recognized and I need an access code.
    Now I'm waiting for TWO access codes, one for the account page and one for the game itself.
    I got one code - it failed for the game, but worked for the account page.
    Still waiting for the game one.
    It says if I don't get one I have to wait 24 HOURS before I can request a NEW code.
    It looks like I won't get to update my dailies on my multiple accounts tonight, can't wait for half an hour on every account just to get in the game.
    Sorry, all due respect, but this has gotten nothing short of ridiculous.

Thank you Zos_Bill for the update but I'm sorry, I won't hold my breath. I don't expect another update. I expect the ticket will just time out... again.

** Update **
    So I try a different account and no access code is requested for game login (it was for account login).
    Went back and tried the first one again.... and no access code is required now. Maybe because I got one for the account so it applied it to the game too. I can't keep up.
    Edited by Alastrine on January 20, 2023 9:34PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It did not worked for me either, but oddly I was able to login to my account my laptop. Oh, and all of the sudden it works again for me on my PC.

What is also weird is I had a in-game massage today saying that my PC is not verified to login to my account and I needed to enter a code form the email.... the email never arrived, but I was able to "ignore it" & login to the game normally anyway.

Probably it all has something to do with account maintenance (see banner on ESO forums).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 20, 2023 9:34PM
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    It did not worked for me either, but oddly I was able to login to my account my laptop. Oh, and all of the sudden it works again for me on my PC.

What is also weird is I had a in-game massage today saying that my PC is not verified to login to my account and I needed to enter a code form the email.... the email never arrived, but I was able to "ignore it" & login to the game normally anyway.

Probably it all has something to do with account maintenance (see banner on ESO forums).

It's interesting to see others posting about the issue.
    However mine started long ago, not just this account maintenance. A prior update is the marker for when mine (and others) started.
    Perhaps the same issue though. Maybe it will get fixed.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I occasionally get requests for security codes. If I close down the ESO login screen and launcher it sometimes works when I start it again. Or I restart the laptop and it works.

I thought it was my laptop because I share Steam games with a family member but when I try to use my shared games in steam it forgets that I'm allowed to use them and asks me to purchase them.

If I restart my laptop it lets me share games when I try again. Thought it might be something like that.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    I occasionally get requests for security codes. If I close down the ESO login screen and launcher it sometimes works when I start it again. Or I restart the laptop and it works.

I thought it was my laptop because I share Steam games with a family member but when I try to use my shared games in steam it forgets that I'm allowed to use them and asks me to purchase them.

If I restart my laptop it lets me share games when I try again. Thought it might be something like that.

Thanks for this post. This just happened to me and I got no email and starting hunting down what could be wrong.
    Saw this post and restarted my comp and able to log in just fine now.

Thanks again, this post was very helpful
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's interesting to see others posting about the issue.
    However mine started long ago, not just this account maintenance. A prior update is the marker for when mine (and others) started.
    Perhaps the same issue though. Maybe it will get fixed.

I have had this issue for months and it has driven me crazy.....but now that the login in message is happening AND I do not get an email......that is recent.....but that feels like ZOS is telling me they dont want my money and I am playing too much.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those of you reporting the issue logging into your account online need to look at your browser settings. It’s very likely that the security settings are deleting stored data each session. Without the info cached from your previous authentication, every time you go to the website your browser doesn’t have identification to pass on and says it’s the first time you’ve been there.

This is either a security setting that you set, or (just as likely) a setting auto set by a recent update.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    when it asks me for the code i just shut the game and launcher and retry; it's never asked me for it a second time in a row. the employees should be telling people to try this 1st.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started having the same problem today on both of my accounts. Not receiving the email on either of my accounts. Trying again after awhile allowed me into my main account, but it occurred again. My mule account still hasn't received an email and nothing works in trying to make the access code pop up go away.

Edit to update:

I followed the suggestion to login to a functioning account and then immediately login on the one I was having issue with. Was finally able to login without the popup.

Of course this doesn't address the problem with getting the popup in the first place AND the fact that no email was ever sent. Something has gone awry in the account login\verification system for this to be happening.
    Edited by BergisMacBride on January 23, 2023 6:42PM
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    Started having the same problem today on both of my accounts. Not receiving the email on either of my accounts. Trying again after awhile allowed me into my main account, but it occurred again. My mule account still hasn't received an email and nothing works in trying to make the access code pop up go away.

Edit to update:

I followed the suggestion to login to a functioning account and then immediately login on the one I was having issue with. Was finally able to login without the popup.

Of course this doesn't address the problem with getting the popup in the first place AND the fact that no email was ever sent. Something has gone awry in the account login\verification system for this to be happening.

I'm having this exact problem. Started yesterday, thought it was a fluke, but never got my code for that too. Today I logged into the accounts URL (I bought crates earlier) and now I can get in, but I never resolved the "unknown IP" problem.
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
This discussion has been closed.